Tax dollars at work: Citizen-funded 'woke' calendar erases Christmas and Easter holidays

RETIREDFAN1

They started this years ago.  Now it's called Winter and Spring Break.  School always began the second Monday of August. The holidays I remember getting out of school for were In service Days (1 day every 6 weeks), Labor Day, Thanksgiving from Wednesday to Sunday now it's an entire week, Christmas Break also called Semester Break by some teachers from about December 19th until the first Monday after New Years.  I remember we had to go back the day after the National Championship game on January 3rd, 1984, because I stayed up late to watch the finish of that great game.  Then we wouldn't get out until Easter Break of Friday- Sunday, Spring Break was separate, then when they extended school into June we would get out for Memorial Day.  Up until 1984 school always let out the Friday before Memorial Day.  It made me made, because I didn't think we should still be going to school in June.

From what I've seen in my area they get out for the in service days, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day,  the entire week of Thanksgiving, Winter Break from the 2nd week of December until the 2nd week of January, MLK Day,  Presidents Day, The now include Easter with Spring Break, St. Patrick's Day, and then they let them out the Friday before Memorial Day like it originally was.