Crockett

Crow2254

On 2/14/2021 at 7:05 PM, supermaroon said:

I have seen them several times throughout the years and they seem to always be one of the most talented teams in 3a but always struggle against well coached teams. Talent is there

I know people that live in that town and they are very dissappointed in this.  Theyve had VERY talented teams the last two years and they believe they have underperformed.  

3 hours ago, dogs3505 said:

I know people that live in that town and they are very dissappointed in this.  Theyve had VERY talented teams the last two years and they believe they have underperformed.  

Yeah just like daingerfield, Atlanta, Jefferson, gladewater, and Tatum seen the talent all these teams have cant believe they haven't completed for state championships in the last decade 

With all this great talent that you say Crockett has you would think there would be lot of top quality coaches lined up begging for the job or the turnover in the coaching staffs in the recent past would be minimal instead, Crockett has constant turnovers and from what I am hearing, not a lot of great choices knocking at the door to be the latest AD/football coach...why is that Maxi? ??

On 2/18/2021 at 11:45 AM, blesseddaily said:

With all this great talent that you say Crockett has you would think there would be lot of top quality coaches lined up begging for the job or the turnover in the coaching staffs in the recent past would be minimal instead, Crockett has constant turnovers and from what I am hearing, not a lot of great choices knocking at the door to be the latest AD/football coach...why is that Maxi? ??

lol....dude you have no idea what you are talking about if you knew tha caliber of coaches and coordinators that have showed interest in this job you would fall out.

11 hours ago, maxjean said:

lol....dude you have no idea what you are talking about if you knew tha caliber of coaches and coordinators that have showed interest in this job you would fall out.

"fall out" laughing...probably!!! You still didn't address the question I ask...why all the turnover and lack of success if your team is so "loaded" every year?

4 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

"fall out" laughing...probably!!! You still didn't address the question I ask...why all the turnover and lack of success if your team is so "loaded" every year?

you just answered your own question now go ask the people who applied you not getting it from me.

43 minutes ago, maxjean said:

you just answered your own question now go ask the people who applied you not getting it from me.

LOLOLOL!!! Typical Maxi "dodge" you know everything and how to fix the problems till you are pressed on what the REAL problem is...then it's crickets!!! Get all those excuses ready, you are going to need them again next year!!! LOLOL!!

Decent hire at coach and you should be 7-0 or 6-1 going into Diboll game. CC will be better, Rusk TBD, Buffalo down (losing QB,WR,RB). Garrison should be a good test. Elkhart and Westwood, meh. What you have on paper and hows it should play out on the field can be two separate things.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I have no dog in this fight but think this more about being a former D1 football player than what he did at Wylie East. How long was the he the DC there? Over the last 3 years they gave up 49, 43, 42 points per game respectively.

D1 played a role, but being from Lufkin, he knows the area. He probably has a good idea of what he is walking into what what approach needs to be made with these players and the community. I think this will end up being a very good hire.

I'd have to do a little more research, but I feel like since the 2010-2011 season, defense has been a bit of an afterthought in Crockett...

• Thanks 1