Crockett

Crow2254

8 minutes ago, topher805 said:

D1 played a role, but being from Lufkin, he knows the area. He probably has a good idea of what he is walking into what what approach needs to be made with these players and the community. I think this will end up being a very good hire.

I'd have to do a little more research, but I feel like since the 2010-2011 season, defense has been a bit of an afterthought in Crockett...

I hope for the program you are correct only time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

I hope for the program you are correct only time will tell.

you can sticky this if he has success or let alone make or win a state championship here he gone straight to lufkin bank on it this may be a good hire but it is a double edge sword if he wins he gone if he looses he gone.

5 hours ago, maxjean said:

you can sticky this if he has success or let alone make or win a state championship here he gone straight to lufkin bank on it this may be a good hire but it is a double edge sword if he wins he gone if he looses he gone.

You just described 98percent of the coaches in Texas, or America.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, maxjean said:

I see all your post about kids coming back! What about that 8th grader coming up. He seems really special CJ Simon. Right coaching and proper camps he could be special. First at triple jump, long jump and 100 meter sprint. The Kid is long big and very athletic. I believe he was the 8th grade Qb. 

12 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

The OC from Carthage was a finalist?

would have loved to have seen a few carthage assistants come on down with him we could have had a blue dog red dog reunion we were in the same district for 2 years i think we split games i know we won 43-7 or something like that one year.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:12 AM, bigj said:

I see all your post about kids coming back! What about that 8th grader coming up. He seems really special CJ Simon. Right coaching and proper camps he could be special. First at triple jump, long jump and 100 meter sprint. The Kid is long big and very athletic. I believe he was the 8th grade Qb. 

i was gonna keep that a secret but that kid is gonna be a beast i could see him at reciever for 2 years then going over to qb for his last 2 we already got a 6-4 soph qb thats darn good as yall already know. simon and jones could both go for 1000 yards next season recieving.

All the amazing talent videos I’ve seen are making tackles 5-8 yds down field......kinda like Linden-Kildaire LB from few years ago. He avg 20 tackles a game but they were all after a 1st down gain.....great effort but not the best defense hype video I’ve seen

4 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

All the amazing talent videos I’ve seen are making tackles 5-8 yds down field......kinda like Linden-Kildaire LB from few years ago. He avg 20 tackles a game but they were all after a 1st down gain.....great effort but not the best defense hype video I’ve seen

One of those guys was a freshman 

On 3/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, maxjean said:

i was gonna keep that a secret but that kid is gonna be a beast i could see him at reciever for 2 years then going over to qb for his last 2 we already got a 6-4 soph qb thats darn good as yall already know. simon and jones could both go for 1000 yards next season recieving.

I see him after next year getting a lot of attention from college coaches. I know his family really well and they are already getting him headed in the right direction. Sister is a D1 softball commit and he has her work ethic. 

• 3 weeks later...

Drae Murray takes over as new basketball coach. Huntsville grad and spent three years at Sam Houston before transferring. Played overseas for a little while. Really good hire...

Crockett also hired Michael Nucci as OC who brings some HC experience with him (Molina HS)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 2:08 PM, topher805 said:

Drae Murray takes over as new basketball coach. Huntsville grad and spent three years at Sam Houston before transferring. Played overseas for a little while. Really good hire...

Crockett also hired Michael Nucci as OC who brings some HC experience with him (Molina HS)

Nucci is a great guy and a great coach. He took a 0-10 team to a playoff team in 1 year at Molina. Definitely knows his stuff. Y’all are blessed to have him.