Crockett

Crow2254

4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Not to the town of Crockett. Could be a barn burner if they don’t get the right person. 

dont be so over confident hell even i would come home to coach if i had the chance no matter what good situation i was in at the moment and actually jamie is the right person.

Guest Tiger03lb
On 1/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, maxjean said:

dont be so over confident hell even i would come home to coach if i had the chance no matter what good situation i was in at the moment and actually jamie is the right person.

He would be the right person for a lot of jobs right now. I'm not being over confident, just know what is reality. 

Certain schools will always have certain names attached to it. Whether they are valid or not, they are always there. 

I tend to believe there is interest on both sides part for Jamie to come home. I think it is a matter of timing, unless Houston County gets a big business to move in and add some money to that tax base, it will come down to where he wants to retire. He has definitely built something special in Malakoff, and could easily stay there until retirement. Then again, there is something cool about coming home, especially when you can coach in the stadium named after your dad...

I don't think it is happening this time around, but one day maybe...

22 minutes ago, dogs3505 said:

why would you leave crockett for dawson, seems like a step backwards.

Might be leaving a bad situation  or to work with a great sup who used to be be an AD/HFC that understands it. Less pressure probably as well. 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

Am I wrong, but isn't the community still pretty racially divided there?  

They also have some pretty unrealistic expectations on how good they should be too.

They do have the athletes there but they need the right person there to make this situation better. I doubt they'll get the person they want due to the pay scale. Imo, I could see a good OC or DC take a shot at it.

12 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

They do have the athletes there but they need the right person there to make this situation better. I doubt they'll get the person they want due to the pay scale. Imo, I could see a good OC or DC take a shot at it.

for what they just shelled out they could pay almost anyone lol.

16 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

Am I wrong, but isn't the community still pretty racially divided there?  

They also have some pretty unrealistic expectations on how good they should be too.

they had to forfiet their area playoff game due to covid they were in the process of having a bunch players back for the lorena game some were out since the first district game lorena was going to get blindsided.

20 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

This isn't a shot towards you so please don't take it that way.  I see this posted quite a bit throughout this forum and my question has always been "how do you know it's the right guy?"  Isn't there enough of a sample size with the internet history we have to look and see that there's probably been enough different personalities in and around said program to see what's going to be successful?  There's so many things that go on in that.  I see places all over the state that on paper should be better than they are because they have the right mix of Jimmy's and Joe's demographically.  At some point when does it quit being about "bringing in the right guy" and the community start to come together and start working together with the athletic programs in these places?

Smaller towns are wanting the guy that's not looking to step up and invest in the community and within 3 years they're looking to change that fact.  Coach be d@mned if he starts to feel the community swallow him and he starts looking for other employment because the job is getting toxic and he doesn't want his family involved in that.  Now that individual becomes a "stepper" and "never really wanted to be here in the first place!"

Crockett, I'm sure, is no different than any other small town across America where there's a select few people that are entitled in that community because "my grandaddy was..." or "back in my day I..." and they think they're last name and previous generations should produce the cream of the crop athletically and academically.  People like that have a hard time facing the reality of their child not being very athletic or smart (or maybe they're just lazy because mommy and daddy still wipe their bottoms).

That wasn't directed towards you because I do believe if they get the right person in there they'll start winning within the next 2-3 years.  But after that what happens when the record drops below .500 for a couple of seasons?  It turns into next man up because "he's just not a good fit anymore" or "he's just looking to leave, we knew it!"

5 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

This isn't a shot towards you so please don't take it that way.  I see this posted quite a bit throughout this forum and my question has always been "how do you know it's the right guy?"  Isn't there enough of a sample size with the internet history we have to look and see that there's probably been enough different personalities in and around said program to see what's going to be successful?  There's so many things that go on in that.  I see places all over the state that on paper should be better than they are because they have the right mix of Jimmy's and Joe's demographically.  At some point when does it quit being about "bringing in the right guy" and the community start to come together and start working together with the athletic programs in these places?

Smaller towns are wanting the guy that's not looking to step up and invest in the community and within 3 years they're looking to change that fact.  Coach be d@mned if he starts to feel the community swallow him and he starts looking for other employment because the job is getting toxic and he doesn't want his family involved in that.  Now that individual becomes a "stepper" and "never really wanted to be here in the first place!"

Crockett, I'm sure, is no different than any other small town across America where there's a select few people that are entitled in that community because "my grandaddy was..." or "back in my day I..." and they think they're last name and previous generations should produce the cream of the crop athletically and academically.  People like that have a hard time facing the reality of their child not being very athletic or smart (or maybe they're just lazy because mommy and daddy still wipe their bottoms).

That wasn't directed towards you because I do believe if they get the right person in there they'll start winning within the next 2-3 years.  But after that what happens when the record drops below .500 for a couple of seasons?  It turns into next man up because "he's just not a good fit anymore" or "he's just looking to leave, we knew it!"

Parents need to tell themselves and their kids the truth! I am 100% with you on this whole post. 

• Like 1