Under Biden gas prices going up, up, up....

gamewatcher63

2 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

You might need to take a closer look. I said Russia and SA flooded the market and covid. Not being rude but I have been clear if you go back and read what I said. I also said this is not Biden’s fault than it was trumps in 2017. One of this sites I posted gives different markets and all saw the saw percentages of increased. 

You brought up the Wuhan in a later response that I did see after I scrolled down.  It's still a little early to tell on Biden, but anytime gas jumps 20-30 cents in a short period of time, people are going to complain.  Not everyone is back to work yet, so it's going to hurt some.  I expect gas prices to continue to rise for the next 4 years.  It might drop again once drillers begin to start making a profit again.  It seems like when they do that instead of holding onto that money for rough times when there is a glut in oil they go out of business except for many of the major oil companies.  Instead they look for more and more places to drill, and many of those may not even have oil so it's a loss.  

10 hours ago, JETT said:

Bidens been president for a whole 11 or so days no way prices jumped in those days... they were slowly creeping up

Yep, President only 11 days, but he was elected in November, so it doesn’t take a genius to know that oil prices were going to go up - or does it?   😂😂🤣😂😂

9 minutes ago, JETT said:

So why did they go up during trumps term

Very little change during Trumps term.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Oil+prices+2019&search=&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=oil+prices+2019&sc=7-15&qs=n&sk=&cvid=1DC76C3E3F3346AF84CEF1E90BE97785

Btw, Oct 2020, oil was $40.16 a bbl.   Today, it closed at $53.61.   Feel free to google all that.

And for those that think SA & Russia were controlling oil prices, they were a big part of it.  SA primarily to force prices down because by Oct of 2018, the US had become the largest oil producer in the world.  Many thanks to President Trump.

06310E74-B4B6-479D-8F98-5E1EEDE4C9B3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

And for those that think SA & Russia were controlling oil prices, they were a big part of it.  SA primarily to force prices down because by Oct of 2018, the US had become the largest oil producer in the world.

Damn Obama had us going up 

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And for those that think SA & Russia were controlling oil prices, they were a big part of it.  SA primarily to force prices down because by Oct of 2018, the US had become the largest oil producer in the world.  Many thanks to President Trump.

And not for long, thanks to Creepy Joe.....🙄

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Is it where we can drill or putting our oil on the market? 

Strange question since I posted how our production has increased dramatically during Trump’s four years, and we become the world leader in oil production.   Please try to keep up Old49.  😂😂😂

The truth shall set you free, but only if you want to hear it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Actually not that strange at all. You are making a claim that production increases because of new lands when in fact oil production in America tends to ebb and flow based on the world market no matter who is in charge. If prices are low they do not drill no matter what the land is while when prices are high they will drill at a frenzied rate. How much drilling goes on in west Texas has nothing to do with federal lands and everything to do with the price of oil. 

Now what exactly is this truth? Explain it out. I mean the truth is that Biden did not cause a rise in gas prices since November nor did Trump cause it from November 2016 till his inauguration but it looks better to just start blaming without facts

If your assertion above were true, why weren’t we world leaders of oil production in 2008 thru 2014 when oil prices were at record highs?   During those years, we were a trivial 3rd.  When our oil production started increasing in 2012, oil prices finally started dropping in 2015, and in 2016 reaching a lower price than had been seen since 2003.   And in Oct of 2018 America became the world leader, and with prices comparable to 2007.  So, the facts are, with prices the lowest in 10 years, we increase production and became the world leader - so where does that leave your statement “If prices are low they do not drill”?   Guess that doesn’t hold much water.   Neither does your statement, “when in fact oil production tends to ebb and flow based on the world market no matter who is in charge”.   Don’t let your hatred of Trump lead you to distort the facts.  It doesn’t bode well for anyone accepting any of your future post as being valid.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Using your data it was actually not trump who caused it it would have been Obama who caused the increase in American oil production as shown by your graph. So by your other theory that it was the opening of federal lands to oil drilling why was there a huge increase in oil production from 2012 to 2016? So Obama opened up more federal lands for drilling. You want to use facts then use the actual facts. Oil production showed the largest increases under Obama. 

I stated they started rising up under Obama (see my reply to Jett 15 hours ago).  I also stated several times they started rising in 2012.  Most posters on here know who was President in 2012.   Yes, they showed the largest increases under Obama after 4 years of stagnation under Obama.   Then, under Trump, they went to record levels and the US became the world’s leading oil producer, under Trump & a Republican Congress.  One has to wonder if the Republicans controlling the Senate during the 2012 surge were primarily responsible.  Sure wasn’t a surge when the Dems controlled it all, or when the Bush lead Republicans controlled it all.  So what was the difference?  Donald Trump.  You don’t like it, but it’s a fact.  Don’t forget that one.  So the next time some liberal says to you, What did Trump do, you can tell him, he got America to lead the world in oil production.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I stated they started rising up under Obama (see my reply to Jett 15 hours ago).  I also stated several times they started rising in 2012.  Most posters on here know who was President in 2012.   Yes, they showed the largest increases under Obama after 4 years of stagnation under Obama.   Then, under Trump, they went to record levels and the US became the world’s leading oil producer, under Trump & a Republican Congress.  One has to wonder if the Republicans controlling the Senate during the 2012 surge were primarily responsible.  Sure wasn’t a surge when the Dems controlled it all, or when the Bush lead Republicans controlled it all.  So what was the difference?  Donald Trump.  You don’t like it, but it’s a fact.  Don’t forget that one.  So the next time some liberal says to you, What did Trump do, you can tell him, he got America to lead the world in oil production.

Thats like saying D's get credit for the past 4 years economy.... C'mon man

1 minute ago, JETT said:

Thats like saying D's get credit for the past 4 years economy.... C'mon man

So you don’t think Trump had anything to do with it?   You don’t think the Republican lead Senate didn’t have anything to do with the economy rising under Obama, even though it was stagnant when Dems controlled it all?  Obama’s economy, like his oil production, did nothing under Dem controlled Government.   Seriously, look at the facts Jett.  You claim to be independent, so without bias, look at who controlled Govt & what happened during all that.  Bush lead Republicans were pathetic.  They finally (had too) got their 💩 together.  So when Trump lead things, unemployment went to record peacetime levels.  You may not like Trump (I don’t like Trump, the man), but he put people to work.

8 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

You are the one who attempted to make it political. It really isnt. Who is in office matters not nearly as much as price and demand. The whole thread was to slam Biden when in fact it would not have mattered if trump had won. You dont like it, but it is a fact. 

Just can’t bring yourself to speak the truth.  You’re still wrong, it is political.  Which do you think will cost consumers more, crude oil going by T/C or crude oil going by pipeline?   How much oil can we produce if we’re not allowed to tap into some of the world’s largest reserves because of environmentalist?   How much can we produce if the Dems stop fracking?   Not political?   You’ve lost all credibility with me.   Take something for your TDS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Keystone did not bring oil to America, it took Canadian oil to be shipped to China. That is a fact. 

There is still plenty more to drill in West Texas, and that is not federal land. You want to make it politics yet fact is if you want to use that then Obama did more for oil than trump, period. This is not some slam on trump nor have I tried to slam trump on it. And just of note the "you lost all credibility" line is way over used on this site. Most on here do not care about facts they only care on finding something that agrees with their political side, hence why they jumped on Biden for gas prices while I am betting nothing was said on the increase in gas prices when trump entered office. 

Yet I’ve inundated you with facts, but you choose to ignore or acknowledge them.  Like most of the Left, you prefer to ignore facts.  I acknowledged your points/facts (that are actual), but you don’t acknowledge the facts I give you.  And the fact that you don’t think it’s political would be laughable if not showing a lack of knowledge for yourself.  Sad to think so many vote that don’t realize the result of that vote.  Not political?  Almost everything today is political.  Our new dictator is signing EO’s like we don’t need a Congress.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, Old49er60 said:

So now the chart lies..........no matter what evidence is presented if it does not agree with your preconceived idea it must be wrong. That is truly being a sheep. 

And the chart shows you are incorrect.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Too bad you can't take the blinders off and see election fraud evidence  .... 😜

1 hour ago, Old49er60 said:

Keystone did not bring oil to America, it took Canadian oil to be shipped to China. That is a fact. 

There is still plenty more to drill in West Texas, and that is not federal land. You want to make it politics yet fact is if you want to use that then Obama did more for oil than trump, period. This is not some slam on trump nor have I tried to slam trump on it. And just of note the "you lost all credibility" line is way over used on this site. Most on here do not care about facts they only care on finding something that agrees with their political side, hence why they jumped on Biden for gas prices while I am betting nothing was said on the increase in gas prices when trump entered office. 

You are simi correct. Canada to Houston spot on. What is does is force shippers to use rail. So it is not as efficient. This made the market jumpy. 

Then he announce no new drilling leases. This includes renewal of leases. This made the market more jumpy 

I assume you were an adult in 80's. With that in mind try and remember Opec setting the price of crude. Their goal price was 80 dollars or higher. Remember this was the 80's. They really had a monopoly on the entire market. 

When America surpassed their production it put an end to the monopoly. They then tried to flood market to drive prices down and run producers out of the market. That did not happen. They then realized their monopoly was over and ran their business just like everyone else - Supply and demand. That is what Trump administration did for you. 

Traders are seeing this and it is making them jumpy. This is not rocket science 

I did not go into detail the direct jobs lost as well as the subsidiary jobs lost.  

I posted a thread earlier today on same subject 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1