DeShaun Watson Officially Asks For Trade

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Wonder how many Texaint’s will become Cowboy fans now?

I'm in a wait and see mode with Culley. He isn't Bieniemy, but the things I'm hearing aren't bad. He is a culture guy and will delegate. Rumors are Lovie Smith will be the new DC...Not sure what direction they go with OC, but I expect someone with experience (Unless we get hit with McCown).

The Texans are a dumpster fire now.  I don't expect them to be relevant for at least 5 years or more.  There's no way I would have even taken the job, because it will just be a revolving door for any H.C. unless they're a miracle worker.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

The Texans are a dumpster fire now.  I don't expect them to be relevant for at least 5 years or more.  There's no way I would have even taken the job, because it will just be a revolving door for any H.C. unless they're a miracle worker.  

As  long as Easterby has the ear of Tommy Boy (Cal) they are going to be an absolute joke...

For those that don't know how Jack Easterby is, sit back and enjoy this lengthy article about his rise to power: Jack Easterby: Sports Illustrated

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Wow ... they are now on par with Jerruh's boys ....

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

+100 if I could!

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

As far as front office dysfunction they have passed Dallas. 

Jerruh needs to go down there and give them some pointers on being a mediocre level GM ... maybe take a VCR with him and show them a few Cowboyz SB games ....

• LOL! 2

This is about to get a lot worse before it ever gets better...

Edit: Just to clarify how this can actually get worse...Right now they are dealing with player fallout. Mainly Watson and Watt. Watt was out regardless after this season, but Watson was the cornerstone. He was the generational talent at QB the Texans haven't had in their 20+ years of existence. 

Player fallout now is bad. What happens when Cal McNair, Jack Easterby, Jamie Rootes (President of Business Operations), Nick Caserio, and David Culley all start firing at each other? Rootes has already hit his limit and it cannot be understated how good he is at his job. He was very close to Bob McNair and is a HUGE part of why the Texans have been such an attractive part to the Texans organization. 

The solution is easy. Get Easterby out of the organization, but lose Easterby and you stand to lose Caserio. Easterby has Cal's ear, and when he feels threatened by anyone (Rootes, Culley, or even Caserio), he will not hesitate to put someone under the bus. It is beyond toxic and I am fully confident it will get worse. 

I was really hoping to try and get a job with the Texans in the next year, but I don't want any part of that now. Not until the air clears and it becomes a desirable place to be again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The circus continues in Houston as President Jamey Rootes puts in his resignation today. Rootes has been with the Texans since day 1 and was responsible for turning NRG into one of the best game-day experiences in the NFL. The man sold out every game and had an amazing run leading the business side of the Texans. Was a right-hand man for Bob McNair.

I'll post the story from BattleRedBlog but they did a piece (In a joking way) about Deshaun Watson doing everything as a predetermined move to get out. Not an Easterby problem or culture problem, but something he has planned for a while. Kinda funny. Kinda scary. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

I'll post the story from BattleRedBlog but they did a piece (In a joking way) about Deshaun Watson doing everything as a predetermined move to get out. Not an Easterby problem or culture problem, but something he has planned for a while. Kinda funny. Kinda scary. 

Kinda stupid to think he could even fathom a plan like that.....putting together and executing such a plan would take more intellectual acuity than that possessed by 98% of living humans.....lol....

12 hours ago, topher805 said:

I'm not buying that why would he want out, but sign his huge contract just 6 months ago.  At the time he at least had one of the best receivers to throw to, but he still went on to lead the league in passing.  True it was garbage time, much like Dak's numbers.   I feel as I've heard down here that he's just acting like a teenage girl that wants her way.  He's got his contract, but wants to play for a different team.  I think they should trade him if they can find an offer similar to the Lions-Chargers, but they're not going to get 3 1st round picks, but maybe a second and a late draft pick.