Best way to watch Star Wars

RETIREDFAN1

Machete order, but with some modifications:

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/entertainment/features/star-wars-movies-series-may-the-fourth-list-machete-order-sequence-rise-of-skywalker-clone-wars-last-jedi-2222667

Machete order is, if you don't want to read the article:

Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi
Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens
Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi
Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker

Here's more on it, and explanations of why the guy decided on this order:

https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I don’t care about baby Vader or emo Vader. I sure as heck don’t care about that pile of steaming Disney that just came out. Give me young Luke having the hots for his sister with daddy issues and little hairy midget bears.

• LOL! 1

I agree with Retiredfan on how to watch it, but I have one problem with it the technology of the Episodes 4-6 was far behind what we saw with 1-3.  I would also add Solo after Rogue 1.  I still would have liked to have seen a Solo 2 since it left me with a few questions that could have been resolved with another film.  Since the Mandalorian came out, and they are doing a Kenobi series I don't see why they can't do a Boba Fett series.  They're not going to make the movie so why not ?   If you haven't seen Vader vs. Batman, I suggest you watch it on YouTube.  It's probably the best fan made video I have ever seen Star Wars related .

51 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree with Retiredfan on how to watch it, but I have one problem with it the technology of the Episodes 4-6 was far behind what we saw with 1-3.  I would also add Solo after Rogue 1.  I still would have liked to have seen a Solo 2 since it left me with a few questions that could have been resolved with another film.  Since the Mandalorian came out, and they are doing a Kenobi series I don't see why they can't do a Boba Fett series.  They're not going to make the movie so why not ?   If you haven't seen Vader vs. Batman, I suggest you watch it on YouTube.  It's probably the best fan made video I have ever seen Star Wars related .

The Empire got fat and complacent.....lol

52 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Commie.....😂😂

Lol, deserved. 

Most fun I've ever had was at Disney with my kids in the star wars part of the park. I'd walk around saying out loud: "Oh look kids, this start trek stuff is cool", and "look at that bigfoot looking creature"! Those star wars junkies wanted to kill me, lol! 

• LOL! 2

• 3 months later...

I watch the laserdisc versions of the OG trilogy that came on the bonus DVD. These do not have the special edition additions, still has Yub Nub, etc. I think the add ons have hurt ROTJ the most. The digital Sly Snootles is way over the top. The lowest part of the add ons for me is during that very number - it cuts to someone banging on space drums or something. Sometimes these are on TV and I watch some of it, but I try to forget it.

When The Force Awakens came out, it got me interested again so I wanted to watch the prequels again. Used DVDs of them were going for a lot at that time because I guess everyone was wanting to see them. You couldn't find them in shops and if you did the price was ridiculous. I enjoy Episode I the most of the prequels. There is less cartoon-y CGI in it. I think Yoda was still a puppet until they CGI'd him later to match II and III.

If you watch 2 and 3 before ROTJ would you be able to sympathize with the dying Vader without thinking (or laughing like Obi Wan in TPM) about the Younglings he murdered - all the bad stuff he did in the prequels?

• Like 1