Redwater close to making a choice??

blesseddaily

Looks like the Dragons are going to pass over someone in house that is very, very qualified, a proven winner and popular with the kids. Pray that it works out but not very hopeful...some schools just have a way of continuing their misery. I sure hope I will have to eat my words and will be very happy to do so...but doubt that will happen.  

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Looks like the Dragons are going to pass over someone in house that is very, very qualified, a proven winner and popular with the kids. Pray that it works out but not very hopeful...some schools just have a way of continuing their misery. I sure hope I will have to eat my words and will be very happy to do so...but doubt that will happen.  

I’m not sure you can justify an “in house” hire when there isn’t success already happening.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

57 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not sure you can justify an “in house” hire when there isn’t success already happening.

Normally I would agree but there is a good choice already there that was a big part of Coach Stine's staff when the Dragons had their most successful seasons. They had the kids playing hard  a great off season/weight program...which is severely lacking right now.

15 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Normally I would agree but there is a good choice already there that was a big part of Coach Stine's staff when the Dragons had their most successful seasons. They had the kids playing hard  a great off season/weight program...which is severely lacking right now.

That coach has been told from my understanding that he will not get a shot.   

51 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

That coach has been told from my understanding that he will not get a shot.   

Yes, that is what I was told too...I think that is terrible decision and one they will regret...and if I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. They have the kids that should be finishing in the top four and maybe win a playoff game or two. Not saying there is "state championship" material here, but definitely no excuse for one or two win seasons. 

21 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Yes, that is what I was told too...I think that is terrible decision and one they will regret...and if I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. They have the kids that should be finishing in the top four and maybe win a playoff game or two. Not saying there is "state championship" material here, but definitely no excuse for one or two win seasons. 

+100

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

and the word is ?

Don't believe any action was taken...another special called meeting tomorrow night so hopefully, one way or the other, they make a decision. The sooner they pull the trigger the better for the kids and coaches. Did hear that one of the finalist withdrew their name so it makes it more of a head scratcher to why they didn't go ahead and make the decision...especially if they are bound and determined to hire from the outside.