NCAA Football Game

Valhalla

47 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

No. 

They need to get the engine from 2004. That was the best. Needs graphic and playbook updates and all, but that engine was the best. 

YES. The one with Carson Palmer on the cover. That was probably my favorite. Or 2012.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

No. 

They need to get the engine from 2004. That was the best. Needs graphic and playbook updates and all, but that engine was the best. 

2014 has some great features.  I wish recruiting was a bit harder, but the gameplay was great.  They also need more sophisticated defenses to stop the run option or make the RO read harder to identify on offense.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

2014 has some great features.  I wish recruiting was a bit harder, but the gameplay was great.  They also need more sophisticated defenses to stop the run option or make the RO read harder to identify on offense.

Yea the recruiting needs to be a bigger focus with more depth and challenge. It was nailed up above when it was said that staff moves need to bring more to the table. You can have different types that give advantages in ether coaching or recruiting or both if they are elite. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea the recruiting needs to be a bigger focus with more depth and challenge. It was nailed up above when it was said that staff moves need to bring more to the table. You can have different types that give advantages in ether coaching or recruiting or both if they are elite. 

If you hire a OC that runs the triple option, in real life you’d see transfers or recruits not interested in that scheme. Let’s see something like that. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stoney said:

If you hire a OC that runs the triple option, in real life you’d see transfers or recruits not interested in that scheme. Let’s see something like that. 

And make it realistic too. don't have 5 star pocket passers with 67 speed committing to play for army lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Huge rumored leaks about the new coaching career/dynasty mode.

Players will have their choice of bagmen, monkeys, stripper girlfriends to seal the recruiting deal.

Coaches will have to beware of past relationships and statements that aren’t PC in today’s society.

You will have to win convincingly enough and pass the eye test to get past Notre Dame in the CFP.

Buyouts.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

49 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Players will have their choice of bagmen, monkeys, stripper girlfriends to seal the recruiting deal.

Coaches will have to beware of past relationships and statements that aren’t PC in today’s society.

You will have to win convincingly enough and pass the eye test to get past Notre Dame in the CFP.

Buyouts.

Booster Mode

Work your way up from early booster that donates a little and serves a bagman to eventually car dealership owner that "hires" players. Recruit new coaches while already having someone on campus. Fundraise for buyouts. Snitch on rival programs when they get too close, while trying not to get caught yourself...I think it's a HIT

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Buyouts.

They can call it the "It Just Means More" setting.

• LOL! 2

22 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I wish recruiting was a bit harder...

Did anyone else here do the "punter hack" on Create A Prospect, or was that just me? 

Basically, I'd create a bunch of "punters" who were 6'5 225lbs with 99 speed, agility, receiving, tackling, and etc. but I would give them the lowest rating possible in punting and kicking. I recruit the crap outta them, and sure enough they're eager to sign with my program. 

THEN (while still in offseason mode) I change their positions. Suddenly my 1-star 40-rating punter becomes a 90+ rating true freshman at other positions. 

• LOL! 2

1 minute ago, LOL said:

Did anyone else here do the "punter hack" on Create A Prospect, or was that just me? 

Basically, I'd create a bunch of "punters" who were 6'5 225lbs with 99 speed, agility, receiving, tackling, and etc. but I would give them the lowest rating possible in punting and kicking. I recruit the #### outta them, and sure enough they're eager to sign with my program. 

THEN (while still in offseason mode) I change their positions. Suddenly my 1-star 40-rating punter becomes a 90+ rating true freshman at other positions. 

Seems like alot of work when you could just edit your roster. If you’re gonna cheat, go big

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

Basically, I'd create a bunch of "punters" who were 6'5 225lbs with 99 speed, agility, receiving, tackling, and etc. but I would give them the lowest rating possible in punting and kicking. I recruit the #### outta them, and sure enough they're eager to sign with my program. 

My son has started playing madden and my old ncaa games recently. I showed him how to make all skill guys huge and linemen tiny. He thinks that is the stuff! 

5 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Seems like alot of work when you could just edit your roster. If you’re gonna cheat, go big

Once you began a dynasty, editing players was not possible. Your players would improve (or regress) from year to year. Some would leave for the NFL, and (I believe) some would transfer away. 

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I did make Sorenstan or whatever his name was... the old Kentucky QB.  6’5, 360 lbs.  I ran the triple option all of the time with him 😂

I too am a man of culture.  😂

43 minutes ago, LOL said:

I made my one rules to make things harder. 

like only recruit 3 stars or only recruit players from your state.

or be a school like Stanford and only recruit guys who cared about academic prestige.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

or be a school like Stanford and only recruit guys who cared about academic prestige.

Exactly. The game was too easy. I did very similar things to make the game more challenging. 

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

No busts, only gems.

50 minutes ago, LOL said:

Once you began a dynasty, editing players was not possible. Your players would improve (or regress) from year to year. Some would leave for the NFL, and (I believe) some would transfer away. 

That’s right. I remember now, makes much more sense, lol

• Like 1