Thousands of oil, gas workers feel 'betrayed' by PedoJoe

RETIREDFAN1

17 minutes ago, JETT said:

If the past years me owning my business and living quite comfortably is misguided, then by God I want to keep living misguided, you should join this ride im on its fun

Not talking about the life you lead, I’m talking about your political views/votes and how they can affect everybody else.  I will say, for someone who has your ideas, I’m glad you don’t vote

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JETT said:

👌

ALERT! Hate speech detected. Post reported. Member suspended. Your wrong-think must be corrected. Please repent of your cryptofascist racism. You have sixty seconds to comply. 

I'm from the government, and here to help. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, LOL said:

ALERT! Hate speech detected. Post reported. Member suspended. Your wrong-think must be corrected. Please repent of your cryptofascist racism. You have sixty seconds to comply. 

Who would have figured @JETT would be throwing out white supremacist signals........:rofl:

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, LOL said:

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Who would have figured @JETT would be throwing out white supremacist signals........:rofl:

My ole my, I bleeped up

• LOL! 3

On 2/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, Hagar said:

I’m surprised that folks would cut off their nose to spite their face.   

For instance, I’m a pipeline worker making good money on the XL Pipeline.   Trump wants it completed, and Biden says he’s going to shut it down.  I may not like Trump, but durn man, I’m making good money - for most people, that’s a nobrainer.   Confirms what P.T. Barney said.

When Trump first started campaigning he said people would get tired of winning - Guess they did 

• Like 1

Just now, BoHogg said:

Lignite coal

Do they stripe mine there? Or do they have regular mines that we think of from TV shows? 

But that is cool, except that you might have voted for someone that would like to put that industry out of business. Because coal jobs are BAD!!!! 🤣

Let's not forget about the Russian/Saudi price war. Crude dipped below $0.00 a barrel at the exact same time a national pandemic struck. Rigs were dragging up left and right. Hard to produce barrels of oil when it's worthless. I think the price of oil averaged somewhere under $20 for 2 months. As bad as it sounds, a lot of these companies aren't prepared to handle losing money for a single month, much less 2 months. It's my understanding (just from the people I know that own rigs) that at $20 a barrel they will be losing money. I think they magic number they were using was in the $30 range, but $40 would make them a good living and keep gas prices affordable.  

2 hours ago, BoHogg said:

Wind power overtakes coal in Texas electricity generation

https://www.ft.com/content/225dacb0-fa6e-4f38-a8d2-64517731a228

I know that Texas has a lot of wind power--When I moved out west to coach, They were putting them everywhere off I-20 towards Big Springs and Sweetwater--then they started putting them in the Permian Basin--those little schools, Iraan & McCamey--just got richer. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Let's not forget about the Russian/Saudi price war. Crude dipped below $0.00 a barrel at the exact same time a national pandemic struck. Rigs were dragging up left and right. Hard to produce barrels of oil when it's worthless. I think the price of oil averaged somewhere under $20 for 2 months. As bad as it sounds, a lot of these companies aren't prepared to handle losing money for a single month, much less 2 months. It's my understanding (just from the people I know that own rigs) that at $20 a barrel they will be losing money. I think they magic number they were using was in the $30 range, but $40 would make them a good living and keep gas prices affordable.  

So at $58 dollars a barrel, does that mean we are about to pay out the rear end for gas, because they have to keep their profits up? While on one hand I hate to see gas over $2 a gallon, on the other, it means that my Exxon Stocks are going to pay more in dividends. But I don't need high gas prices while I am working--I need higher stock prices when I am ready to retire though. 

21 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

OIC, so that was before the 1st Tuesday in November?

Of 2008 when I was out there. 

You do know that Iraan and McCamey are in the Permian Basin, and those small school districts have always had a lot of oil money in their education funds? And then they started getting wind power generators--and got even more of a tax base. 

But all electric producing sources are wonderful, but we shouldn't be trying to put one out of business until we have as cheap a resource as what we are giving up. Just because it is more expensive doesn't make it better.

We should be building more nuclear power plants also.