Lone Oak Open...again!!!

blesseddaily

The cluster that the board created last year by naming the assistant principal as AD is coming to an end...maybe...the board named the current head football coach as "interim" boys AD and named the current AD (and asst.principal) as "interim" girls AD and are now looking for a new AD/Head football coach. They are also searching for a new Supe so this could really be a circus before it's over...hope they get things straightened out for the kids sake.

12 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

The cluster that the board created last year by naming the assistant principal as AD is coming to an end...maybe...the board named the current head football coach as "interim" boys AD and named the current AD (and asst.principal) as "interim" girls AD and are now looking for a new AD/Head football coach. They are also searching for a new Supe so this could really be a circus before it's over...hope they get things straightened out for the kids sake.

What is the time table to hire a new super?

7 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

School website has it all laid out. 

Application deadline 1/31

1st Round Interviews 2/8-12

2nd Round Interviews 2/22-26

Lone Finalist names 3/14

Anticipated Hire Date 4/6

way too long of  a process. Should have finalist names by last of february and should start  asap. Preferably the week before spring break, but if after spring break. Two weeks of evaluation of staff and kids then hit the ground running in april. 

3 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

way too long of  a process. Should have finalist names by last of february and should start  asap. Preferably the week before spring break, but if after spring break. Two weeks of evaluation of staff and kids then hit the ground running in april. 

Agree. I understand that a supt is an important position to hire, but you are missing a lot of valuable time to evaluate everyone from top to bottom. Now, seeing as how they have turnover like they do that supt won't stay long anyway and they'll be back in the same boat next year.

You wait till after April to hire an AD, especially here, you will get a "yes man," you won't get anyone who can actually do something with it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

School website has it all laid out. 

Application deadline 1/31

1st Round Interviews 2/8-12

2nd Round Interviews 2/22-26

Lone Finalist names 3/14

Anticipated Hire Date 4/6

This is ridiculous to think any good candidate is going to wait around that long. Not to mention you have cut time with the athletes in half, and put off the ability for him to hire people. Already waited until February to make this change happen even though it had to be planned for a while. Dysfunctional doesn't start to describe this place, all dating back to the original split of AD/HFC.  

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it on their website.  How long has the Supt position been posted?

Waiting this long is going to get you a fill-in AD again and a young coordinator as the FB HC.  Almost makes you think the Board might be planning something like that anyway by drawing it out for so long.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Being told Lone Oak wants to make the hire for HFC/Boys Coordinator before Spring Break....before the supt hire....the current HFC I'm being told "is welcome to apply" 

Sounds like the current coach is not wanted by the board..

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Being told Lone Oak wants to make the hire for HFC/Boys Coordinator before Spring Break....before the supt hire....the current HFC I'm being told "is welcome to apply" 

I'm really, really hoping that the board already has someone that is interested and ready to go. There are a lot of good kids there that have been through incredibly ridiculous decisions made by the board...for the past 3 or 4 years there have been complete turnovers in the athletic staff...there is no way a program can be successful with this type of leadership changes...I am an eternal optimist so I have to believe that there is someone the board knows about and is ready to take over the AD/HFC position that will be extremely popular with the kids and community. The one I believe fits this description is from LO and is presently an AD/HFC in the area but I think would take the job in a heartbeat if offered. The kids and community already know him and the board would be absolutely crazy not to offer him the job.

Oh and someone above asked how long had they known the supe was leaving... he turned his resignation in before Christmas!! That's what makes this so ridiculous...it's not like they got blindsided by it.

41 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I'm really, really hoping that the board already has someone that is interested and ready to go. There are a lot of good kids there that have been through incredibly ridiculous decisions made by the board...for the past 3 or 4 years there have been complete turnovers in the athletic staff...there is no way a program can be successful with this type of leadership changes...I am an eternal optimist so I have to believe that there is someone the board knows about and is ready to take over the AD/HFC position that will be extremely popular with the kids and community. The one I believe fits this description is from LO and is presently an AD/HFC in the area but I think would take the job in a heartbeat if offered. The kids and community already know him and the board would be absolutely crazy not to offer him the job.

Oh and someone above asked how long had they known the supe was leaving... he turned his resignation in before Christmas!! That's what makes this so ridiculous...it's not like they got blindsided by it.

Wow blesseddaily you seem to really know your stuff. This sounds great. What’s their track record of winning? 

13 minutes ago, bushlieg said:

Wow blesseddaily you seem to really know your stuff. This sounds great. What’s their track record of winning? 

I was there for three years and retired two years ago. Still have lots of good friends that deserve a good athletic program. Great community and the kids play hard for you. I would compare it to Winnsboro. Here is some recent history from Smoaky history section. As you can see, the last several years have not been good. The kids to compete are still there, just need a strong leader that will put discipline and hard work back in the program. 

2005 (8-4) 358-230 Randy Jackson
2006 (10-2) Randy Jackson
2007 (9-3) Randy Jackson
2008 (10-2) Randy Jackson
2009 (9-3) Randy Jackson
2010 (11-1) Dean Lasseter
2011 (8-5) Dean Lasseter
2012 (7-3) Dean Lasseter
2013 (7-4) Dean Lasseter
2014 (9-2) 446-228 Lonnie Jordan
2015 (5-7) 235-287 Luke Goode (District Champions)
2016 (6-5) 354-323 Luke Goode
2017 (5-6) 363-320 Luke Goode
2018 (4-6) 310-400 Luke Goode
2019 (2-8) 148-396 Vince Taylor
2020 (1-9) 86-350 Larry McFarlin