Lone Oak Open...again!!!

blesseddaily

1 minute ago, bushlieg said:

Is the candidate you said so much about one with many successful seasons as head coach? 

No, The one I am talking about was an assistant at Lone Oak and now is a head coach at another school close by. I really have to believe that the board has enough sense to realize that they need someone in place and someone that will commit to staying longer than a year or two. 

11 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I was there for three years and retired two years ago. Still have lots of good friends that deserve a good athletic program. Great community and the kids play hard for you. I would compare it to Winnsboro. Here is some recent history from Smoaky history section. As you can see, the last several years have not been good. The kids to compete are still there, just need a strong leader that will put discipline and hard work back in the program. 

2005 (8-4) 358-230 Randy Jackson
2006 (10-2) Randy Jackson
2007 (9-3) Randy Jackson
2008 (10-2) Randy Jackson
2009 (9-3) Randy Jackson
2010 (11-1) Dean Lasseter
2011 (8-5) Dean Lasseter
2012 (7-3) Dean Lasseter
2013 (7-4) Dean Lasseter
2014 (9-2) 446-228 Lonnie Jordan
2015 (5-7) 235-287 Luke Goode (District Champions)
2016 (6-5) 354-323 Luke Goode
2017 (5-6) 363-320 Luke Goode
2018 (4-6) 310-400 Luke Goode
2019 (2-8) 148-396 Vince Taylor
2020 (1-9) 86-350 Larry McFarlin

Is the candidate you said so much about one with many successful seasons as head coach? 

11 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

No, The one I am talking about was an assistant at Lone Oak and now is a head coach at another school close by. I really have to believe that the board has enough sense to realize that they need someone in place and someone that will commit to staying longer than a year or two. 

Oh I thought you said he was an AD/Head Coach. Does he have a winning track record? 

17 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Is the current head coach not committed to staying? 

12 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I agree with that. I wouldn't after all this. But was just saying he probably was committed to staying before all this happened. 

No doubt! I admire him for staying and accepting the "interim" tag and keeping the athletes working...pretty sure most would have told them where to take their "interim" tag and left!!

28 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

No doubt! I admire him for staying and accepting the "interim" tag and keeping the athletes working...pretty sure most would have told them where to take their "interim" tag and left!!

Yea, when people get fed up some just don’t ever show back up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bushlieg said:

What grade level are these athletes in you speak of?

if the jr high kids they had a couple of years ago are still there, then they got some. Not the 4.4 type but the type you can win. Now the school board has a perverted past to it, so that could be holding things back.

9 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

if the jr high kids they had a couple of years ago are still there, then they got some. Not the 4.4 type but the type you can win. Now the school board has a perverted past to it, so that could be holding things back.

I believe every head coach should have the opportunity to see the freshmen class though that was there when they started. When you coach, the freshmen are who you molded through your program. If you can’t get things done in 4 years then then it’s time to move on. How long has the ne guy been there?

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 2:46 PM, TheGodfather said:

That timeline is fairly standard for hiring superintendents. Maybe some of you interpreted that as the timeline for the AD job?

That may be true, but if the board is going to let a new superintendent lead them in a search for that AD/HC, then you are putting the kids and coaches at a disadvantage in getting prepared for the upcoming season.  

On 2/5/2021 at 4:53 PM, blesseddaily said:

Can we get a hint who you are talking about? Is he currently a green and black Vespa? 

On 2/5/2021 at 4:53 PM, blesseddaily said:

If you're talking about Oakes then you're a complete fool!!!! The guy is 1-29 as a head coach and just got fired by the crappiest job in the state. Lone Oak needs to get away from the home towner ####. Bring in a young fiery coordinator to get this program some energy. Oakes ran the defense at Quittman and look how many points they have allowed. How do you justify hiring a 1-29 head coach? LOL 

10 minutes ago, TXHSGOD said:

If you're talking about Oakes then you're a complete fool!!!! The guy is 1-29 as a head coach and just got fired by the crappiest job in the state. Lone Oak needs to get away from the home towner ####. Bring in a young fiery coordinator to get this program some energy. Oakes ran the defense at Quittman and look how many points they have allowed. How do you justify hiring a 1-29 head coach? LOL 

The mention of Oakes made this guy so mad he created an account.... 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

The mention of Oakes made this guy so mad he created an account.... 

Nah, Have had one for awhile but we have to do better than a 1-29 coach that Quittman just fired! LOL If Quittman doesn't want you as a head coach why should we? Goodness people

How do you justify hiring a coach 1-29 record? LOL 

I'm from LO and we have to do better... Nothing against him but will definitely have better applicants than him. This school board has to be better than this. Last two coaches were awful and embarrassing. 

17 minutes ago, TXHSGOD said:

Nah, Have had one for awhile but we have to do better than a 1-29 coach that Quittman just fired! LOL If Quittman doesn't want you as a head coach why should we? Goodness people

How do you justify hiring a coach 1-29 record? LOL 

I'm from LO and we have to do better... Nothing against him but will definitely have better applicants than him. This school board has to be better than this. Last two coaches were awful and embarrassing. 

Who apparently doesn't know you can click and view when a profile was made. Lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1