Lone Oak Open...again!!!

blesseddaily

55 minutes ago, TXHSGOD said:

Nah, Have had one for awhile but we have to do better than a 1-29 coach that Quittman just fired! LOL If Quittman doesn't want you as a head coach why should we? Goodness people

How do you justify hiring a coach 1-29 record? LOL 

I'm from LO and we have to do better... Nothing against him but will definitely have better applicants than him. This school board has to be better than this. Last two coaches were awful and embarrassing. 

I get that. Any ideas who can get that s show turned around? Heck at this point they may be lucky to get Oakes. Seems part of LO's problem is overvaluing the caliber town and job it is. 

12 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I get that. Any ideas who can get that s show turned around? Heck at this point they may be lucky to get Oakes. Seems part of LO's problem is overvaluing the caliber town and job it is. 

I know someone that could turn it around, but he is not touching that mess with a 10 foot pole.

6 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

sounds like they may need to burn the whole thing to the ground including the School Board. The facilities might be some of the worst in 3a and have been told the pay is terrible so its difficult to get and keep quality coaches.

yea not a big tax base i imagine. 

On 2/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, Notyourcoach said:

They should hire the OC! 

It would be very tough to hire a coordinator who only scored 86 points in 10 games. Could be a great guy and would be a great hire I am not sure. I definitely think they need to go outside and find someone to come in. Young Coordinator or Assistant at a big school. Somebody willing to stick around for the kids and make the changes to get this program on the right track. JMO

• Like 1

I mean..you can only get it wrong so many times right ????... they have to open it up and let dudes who are coordinators that want there 1st shoot at it apply who want to breed success. look what connot did in rivercrest and Detroit. super young head coach when he was hired. Changed the culture and built a legacy. Have to take you chances on a guy here though due to the situation . Gonna have to let him coach and leave him be to build his program. 

24 minutes ago, Propotential said:

You don't have to be young to change the culture or energy, you just have to implement innovative ways to train athletes to be successful. They must be healthy and happy or you will not be successful.

I think what most are saying by young is that no established coach with experience wanting to touch this job.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

They did give the job to a fairly young first time head coach. He won a district championship and never missed the playoffs. They ran him off and his entire staff with him. Past couple years have been better though.

Just curious as to how things have "been better"???

2015 (5-7) 235-287 Luke Goode (District Champions)
2016 (6-5) 354-323 Luke Goode
2017 (5-6) 363-320 Luke Goode
2018 (4-6) 310-400 Luke Goode
2019 (2-8) 148-396 Vince Taylor
2020 (1-9) 86-350 Larry McFarlin

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

I was being facetious. 

3 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

You can throw whatever history up there you want. But everyone knows you can only do what you can within your situation. Been plenty of coaches ride a good group of talent to make a name for themselves. Been plenty of great coaches lose their good name for not.

4 minutes ago, bushlieg said:

You can throw whatever history up there you want. But everyone knows you can only do what you can within your situation. Been plenty of coaches ride a good group of talent to make a name for themselves. Been plenty of great coaches lose their good name for not.

Completely agree...that's why it's very important to do your homework (as most coaches do) before you apply for a job. Although in this particular case you can go back many years (many more than I posted above) and with very few exceptions Lone Oak has always been competitive...not world beaters...but competitive. But you are absolutely correct on the talent level being extremely important...not matter where it is. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:36 PM, TXHSGOD said:

Nah, Have had one for awhile but we have to do better than a 1-29 coach that Quittman just fired! LOL If Quittman doesn't want you as a head coach why should we? Goodness people

How do you justify hiring a coach 1-29 record? LOL 

I'm from LO and we have to do better... Nothing against him but will definitely have better applicants than him. This school board has to be better than this. Last two coaches were awful and embarrassing. 

*Quitman* Only 1 t.

• 2 weeks later...