Lone Oak Open...again!!!

blesseddaily

6 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

So do we make a new thread next year or just continue on with this one? 

Sad but true.. I'm hoping that for the kids sake this is not true. The admins decisions are hurting the kids more than anyone. 

Well they chose a new supe last night and to absolutely no one's surprise they chose the local person who was the high school principal. They could have done this a month ago and already had an AD/FB coach in place working the kids in off season but that's just not the LO way it seems. They had to act like they were actually looking for someone outside to bring in new ideas and make changes that need to be made but nope...same old dumpster fire will continue to burn.

Really feel sorry for the kids.

Now comes the interesting decisions of picking:

1. A new AD/FB coach

2. Retaining the guy that is already there.

2. Keeping different AD's for girls and boys (like they have now)

3. Keep the Girls AD (who's not a coach) but is the assistant principal and who will most likely get the present HS principal's job (because she is moving into the supe job).

Should be interesting to say the least...

This whole thread is like a big whine box for everyone that doesn’t get their way. Get some tissues. Quit talking about how things will effect kids. That’s a cop out. Sounds good to say. But just cause he or she ain’t your pick don’t mean the worlds gonna end. Grow the hell up.

14 minutes ago, bushlieg said:

This whole thread is like a big whine box for everyone that doesn’t get their way. Get some tissues. Quit talking about how things will effect kids. That’s a cop out. Sounds good to say. But just cause he or she ain’t your pick don’t mean the worlds gonna end. Grow the hell up.

Huh??

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, Slickarick said:

guess if you want experience.. hope they let this guy coach and leave him alone. He wouldn't agree if it was too big of a cut in pay no matter the promotion. 

This!!! For the kids sake, I sure hope they leave him alone and let him coach...and bring in some of his own coaches!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TXHSGOD said:

Logan Turner is the next victim..... No way I leave Frisco Lone Star OC job for this dumpster fire. Hopefully he has a better reputation than his dad. Wufff

Who is his dad? And this looks to be a great hire for Lone Oak but will they leave him alone to do his thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Who is his dad? And this looks to be a great hire for Lone Oak but will they leave him alone to do his thing?

Former Lone Oak, Springtown, Eaton, Sulphur Springs coach Brad Turner. Logan was the QB at Southeastern oklahoma when my son played there. He had been at SMU and transferred out.

Logan Turner been coaching for 7 years. This will be his 6th school. He’s never called plays on Friday night. From what I was told from a great source is that he was in way over his head when LS Head coach gave him the OC job but luckily brought coach Fish back bc he left Bonham and that he ran the offense. Lone Oak should have done their homework. He won’t be here long... look at his track record. Dad is an idiot as well. LO School board strikes again

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TXHSGOD said:

Logan Turner been coaching for 7 years. This will be his 6th school. He’s never called plays on Friday night. From what I was told from a great source is that he was in way over his head when LS Head coach gave him the OC job but luckily brought coach Fish back bc he left Bonham and that he ran the offense. Lone Oak should have done their homework. He won’t be here long... look at his track record. Dad is an idiot as well. LO School board strikes again

Not surprised at all.

9 hours ago, TXHSGOD said:

So when you say “next victim” were you talking about the next victim you were going to bash as a LO coach? Cause earlier you were talking about him leaving Frisco for a dumpster fire. Now you act like your the National Enquirer with all the facts on the guy. And he’s a poor choice. The dumpster fire ain’t the coaches there. It’s the people who coach from the bleachers and Smoaky. If it were just the kids and coaches it would be fine. Y’all murk the water there. Everyone within 60 miles knows it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bushlieg said:

So when you say “next victim” were you talking about the next victim you were going to bash as a LO coach? Cause earlier you were talking about him leaving Frisco for a dumpster fire. Now you act like your the National Enquirer with all the facts on the guy. And he’s a poor choice. The dumpster fire ain’t the coaches there. It’s the people who coach from the bleachers and Smoaky. If it were just the kids and coaches it would be fine. Y’all murk the water there. Everyone within 60 miles knows it. 

Coaching for 7 years and this will be his 6th school. You really think he’s going to stay long? Track record doesn’t lie

I think LO will be pleasantly surprised by coach Turner.  If the community will get behind him and give him a shot.  Sounds like some are already ready to shoot his wheels off.  No wonder that program is in the shape it is.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 7:52 AM, bushlieg said:

I believe every head coach should have the opportunity to see the freshmen class though that was there when they started. When you coach, the freshmen are who you molded through your program. If you can’t get things done in 4 years then then it’s time to move on. How long has the ne guy been there?

This is the most underrated statement I've ever heard and I've heard middle school kids say "I'm an idiot".