Franklin girls vs Rogers Bi-District round

lionpride08

At least you are getting to play. Palestine cannot get Mexia in the gym. Was going to play on Thursday but they let out of school early so no game. Changed to today so they say cannot play today because if you are not in school today they cannot play a game today. School policy. They know the weather is going to get worse. Scheduled to play Saturday. Well if they would not play on Thursday because of weather why would the play on Saturday when it will be worse. Now Palestine will have to file for a wavier to play on Monday when weather will be real bad. It almost looks like they don't want to play.

55 minutes ago, 514 said:

At least you are getting to play. Palestine cannot get Mexia in the gym. Was going to play on Thursday but they let out of school early so no game. Changed to today so they say cannot play today because if you are not in school today they cannot play a game today. School policy. They know the weather is going to get worse. Scheduled to play Saturday. Well if they would not play on Thursday because of weather why would the play on Saturday when it will be worse. Now Palestine will have to file for a wavier to play on Monday when weather will be real bad. It almost looks like they don't want to play.

That may be the case.... Can uil make the forfeit?

We were told that by UIL that under no circumstance would it come down to a coin flip. Mexia was told this. What will end up happening is a lot of back to back games to the eventual winner of this game when it gets played. So no team benefits from these delays.

1 hour ago, 514 said:

We were told that by UIL that under no circumstance would it come down to a coin flip. Mexia was told this. What will end up happening is a lot of back to back games to the eventual winner of this game when it gets played. So no team benefits from these delays.

I agree should play before it gets bad

On 2/12/2021 at 11:26 AM, 514 said:

Game got played Saturday. Great game. I could not be there but watched it on my phone. My daughter was in hospital or I would have made it. Mexia pulled it out after a good comeback by Palestine. Mexia was up by 1 shooting 2 free throws with 23 sec left. Mexia missed both FTs but got the rebound and put back and after a missed 3 pt try by Palestine Mexia hit 2 clutch Free throws to Ice it. Was good to get this in when they did with all this bad weather that has hit. Good luck to Mexia the rest of the way and congrats to a youthful Palestine squad on a good year.