Rivercrest Open

RHSRebels2015

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 10:10 AM, chubbychecker said:

How did he do at Detroit this year? 

It was a tremendous year for him. Got his first head coaching job. Continuously went around the AD to make the him look incompetent and himself look deserving. Guess it worked though because he got promoted to AD but that was also after he threatened to leave if admin didn't give it to him. Wait,  but then he took another job that required AD experience while still recieving his current superintendent's unwavering admiration and praise. He did this all after continuously applying for every coaching job that came open, going 3-6 and preaching how much he loved it here, how he just loves everything about the community. No class.

• LOL! 1

19 hours ago, ThrowthatBall said:

It was a tremendous year for him. Got his first head coaching job. Continuously went around the AD to make the him look incompetent and himself look deserving. Guess it worked though because he got promoted to AD but that was also after he threatened to leave if admin didn't give it to him. Wait,  but then he took another job that required AD experience while still recieving his current superintendent's unwavering admiration and praise. He did this all after continuously applying for every coaching job that came open, going 3-6 and preaching how much he loved it here, how he just loves everything about the community. No class.

Well it sounds like he will be a perfect fit in Grapeland then!

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, ThrowthatBall said:

you salty bruh?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

you salty bruh?

Yeah. Everyone in every district that this kind of thing happens in should be if they care about their community. I'm all for someone taking advantage of better opportunities for them and their families. But coaches should be ashamed when they go into a district knowing that they're leaving the next year while being fake to everyone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThrowthatBall said:

Yeah. Everyone in every district that this kind of thing happens in should be if they care about their community. I'm all for someone taking advantage of better opportunities for them and their families. But coaches should be ashamed when they go into a district knowing that they're leaving the next year while being fake to everyone.

You think he took the job knowing he was leaving? I doubt that.  If he knew he wasn't coming back why would he push the weight room so hard? Yall had state powerlifters for the first time in a long time if not ever. He was constantly pouring into the students during FCA and even had students step out and lead the bible studies. That seems like a lot of investing for a guy that "knew he was leaving." 

58 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

You think he took the job knowing he was leaving? I doubt that.  If he knew he wasn't coming back why would he push the weight room so hard? Yall had state powerlifters for the first time in a long time if not ever. He was constantly pouring into the students during FCA and even had students step out and lead the bible studies. That seems like a lot of investing for a guy that "knew he was leaving." 

He may not have known he was leaving, but he knew he wanted to leave....

3 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Really? He might become a decent coach and other than vanity, he might be a decent person. However, he knew the whole time he wasn't staying at Detroit on purpose. His entire agenda was to acquire a head coach and athletic director title for resume purposes. That's fine, have ambition, promote yourself but stop acting like you "found a place that feels like home" or you'd like to stay there. He was shopping around for jobs in October. Detroit has been decent in power lifting since before B Ramsey was there. They've had kids place in the top 5 at state in just the last few years. Of course football coaches try to strengthen their team but a new hire building a state qualifying lifter in 5 months is unlikely. No, he gets absolute zero credit for that. What do you think this is, Build-A-Kid? You have somewhat of a point with FCA. I'm not sure what all promoting FCA involves or even if it was already at Detroit beforehand but I've seen on Facebook where there were quite a few kids meeting for FCA. Coach of the Year!

How many schools are struggling to have consistent winning records because coaches use them as a revolving door? It's become too common and way too easily accepted as the status quo. Schools can't build a competitive program if they are only used as means of gaining experience or last chance offers. Half the blame does go to the administration or school board for creating this situation but then again they are told nothing but great things during the interview. 

18 hours ago, ThrowthatBall said:

Really? He might become a decent coach and other than vanity, he might be a decent person. However, he knew the whole time he wasn't staying at Detroit on purpose. His entire agenda was to acquire a head coach and athletic director title for resume purposes. That's fine, have ambition, promote yourself but stop acting like you "found a place that feels like home" or you'd like to stay there. He was shopping around for jobs in October. Detroit has been decent in power lifting since before B Ramsey was there. They've had kids place in the top 5 at state in just the last few years. Of course football coaches try to strengthen their team but a new hire building a state qualifying lifter in 5 months is unlikely. No, he gets absolute zero credit for that. What do you think this is, Build-A-Kid? You have somewhat of a point with FCA. I'm not sure what all promoting FCA involves or even if it was already at Detroit beforehand but I've seen on Facebook where there were quite a few kids meeting for FCA. Coach of the Year!

How many schools are struggling to have consistent winning records because coaches use them as a revolving door? It's become too common and way too easily accepted as the status quo. Schools can't build a competitive program if they are only used as means of gaining experience or last chance offers. Half the blame does go to the administration or school board for creating this situation but then again they are told nothing but great things during the interview. 

Saying you ran the FCA looks good on the resume......

On 5/16/2021 at 1:51 PM, ThrowthatBall said:

Sounds like another "not for long" hire for the notorious school board.  Well done

1 hour ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

How is this related to Rivercrest? Am I missing something?

Right? I clicked to read how Coach Huie was doing in Rivercrest and it’s all about Detroit. Is Detroit really a school in Texas? If so they haven’t been very successful because I’ve never heard of Detroit except Michigan. Got to be a tiny school district.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, randomuser said:

Right? I clicked to read how Coach Huie was doing in Rivercrest and it’s all about Detroit. Is Detroit really a school in Texas? If so they haven’t been very successful because I’ve never heard of Detroit except Michigan. Got to be a tiny school district.

They are close to Rivercrest and have had limited success of any kind recently. I was looking to see news of Huie as well.