Texas Top Basketball Recruit

JTFAN99

I'm sure I am late to the party, but I just found out that the number 1 recruit in Texas (and a 5-star player according to 247) resides in the East Texas....Daimion Collins from Atlanta, TX.

It made me wonder when the last time East Texas had a 4 or 5 star basketball player.   According to 247, Damion James of Nacogdoches in 2006 was the last one.  There was a kid name Victor Iwuakor from Sulphur Springs in 2019 that went to OU. He was recruited by tons big schools, but I think he was originally a 3 star. 

1 hour ago, LKTiger06 said:

i definitely need to check Tatum out, at that level teams dont normally put up the points that they are. 

I'm pretty sure Tatum would beat everyone in ETX this year except MP, SS and Longview.

39 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Beat Longview earlier. Y’all were without footballers and we were without a few as well. Blew a big lead too. 

Wait did we play twice?

Cause we beat y'all 63-56 on 12/1 without the football players.

At that time, Longview had like 6 freshmen on the roster which obviously has dwindled down since the others arrived. Believe there's 2 now.

39 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Wait did we play twice?

Cause we beat y'all 63-56 on 12/1 without the football players.

At that time, Longview had like 6 freshmen on the roster which obviously has dwindled down since the others arrived. Believe there's 2 now.

Had y’all mixed up with someone else. We did blow a lead against y’all though. Would of been a fun warm up game against each other. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Had y’all mixed up with someone else. We did blow a lead against y’all though. Would of been a fun warm up game against each other. 

Jalen Hale vs Jayden Boyd. Whew.

I'd take Longview in 6 in a 7 game series.

38 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Atlanta was also without 4 players (3 starters) when we lost to Tatum 62-53 at your place . Which we had to clear the gym. So you pretty much played Collins and Dickerson and our JV.

Well your JV did a good job making a game out of it after being down almost 30. 

58 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Well your JV did a good job making a game out of it after being down almost 30. 

They did and we were up at the half. You all had a big 3rd qtr that sealed the deal. Only way that we will see you all is the region final and that will be a tough road for us.

18 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

How so?

It's very obvious there's some chip on your shoulder. You (I assume it's you...and other Tatum fans) also made several comments/cheap shots about him on the FSW Friday Night Lights app back in the fall. Calling him "the Stick".

If that Tatum kid is as good as you think why isn't he being recruited/scouted by large basketball programs?

And like I said on the FSW app...once he's out of HS and gets into a college conditioning/strength program we'll see who has the last laugh.

42 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

They don’t make them 6’9 everyday and with a little athleticism he should be the highest recruit in the state.   The ATL team is good but not great.   

Exactly. People can't seem to grasp that colleges are after him for his potential...not just for what he currently is. They see what he can become with another 50-75 lbs.