• Harmony
    • Quitman
    • Troup
    • Grand Saline
    • West Rusk
    • Arp
    • Winona

On 7/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, Timboslice79 said:

With Waskom,EF, Daingerfield and WR in this region its gonna be tough sledding. 

What’s Waskom looking like Timmy? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty sure we'll  be battling for last spot again... next year and the following 2-3 year's we have talented group of kids that will come through and should be competitive 

It wasnt you it was someone else so I with draw my statement.... But I do believe we have a great chance to win it all coming out of region 4.... P.S. I was just pulling your chain

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top three picks are Newton, Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they sho

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

What’s Waskom looking like Timmy? 

Will be better than last year. Bigger, faster, stronger and deeper. JV lost once last year and only gave up 7 points total in district or something like that. Only lost a couple players to graduation but bring back all skill position players. Coaches are saying this will be the best offensive line they have had in the 12 years they have been at Waskom.  So looking pretty good I would say.

• Thanks 1
On 7/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, Timboslice79 said:

Will be better than last year. Bigger, faster, stronger and deeper. JV lost once last year and only gave up 7 points total in district or something like that. Only lost a couple players to graduation but bring back all skill position players. Coaches are saying this will be the best offensive line they have had in the 12 years they have been at Waskom.  So looking pretty good I would say.

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top three picks are Newton, Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they should make some noise, this region is the toughest.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top two picks are Newton and Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they should make some noise, this region is the toughest.

No doubt,  not to down on WR but I believe they are the 5th best team in the region but with a couple of good breaks they could knock off one of the other 4. They weren't competitive with Waskom last year in the playoffs but they could've just had an off game.

1 hour ago, Timboslice79 said:

No doubt,  not to down on WR but I believe they are the 5th best team in the region but with a couple of good breaks they could knock off one of the other 4. They weren't competitive with Waskom last year in the playoffs but they could've just had an off game.

Wasn’t their best performance against Waskom at all. I think Waskom was just better than them last year honestly. If they play again this year I think it will be a better game. WR is looking really good going into this season. I haven’t seen a group of kids buy into the program as much as this group has. They have been training and lifting weights all off season. Gonna have lots of speed and strength. 

WR non district schedule will be a good indication of how good they will be this season. East Chambers, Mineola, and Sabine are pretty stout D1 teams. 

I know I'm sounding like a true Homer right now but I think waskom will have perfect season ...  an I honestly believe the next 6 years in waskom will be great those youth kids don't know how to lose a game.. 

52 minutes ago, quickshot said:

I know I'm sounding like a true Homer right now but I think waskom will have perfect season ...  an I honestly believe the next 6 years in waskom will be great those youth kids don't know how to lose a game.. 

Keep Keeling around lol

2 hours ago, quickshot said:

Franklin will be a big obstacle for Waskom again this year. 

9 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Franklin will be a big obstacle for Waskom again this year. 

Most definitely.. I look forward to waskom playing them again.. waskom is going to be a different monster this year. Last year they shocked most of us.. this year I believe they will dominate everyone.. call me jj Jr! 😜

10 minutes ago, quickshot said:

Most definitely.. I look forward to waskom playing them again.. waskom is going to be a different monster this year. Last year they shocked most of us.. this year I believe they will dominate everyone.. call me jj Jr! 😜

They will be really good no doubt about it! 

On 7/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, TDJ89 said:

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top three picks are Newton, Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they should make some noise, this region is the toughest.

We got the QB... the almost all new coaching staff is my concern but our region should be fun and entertaining. 

Troup is a sleeper…returns a bunch from a young team that showed flashes of bad play and good play. They should be in the mix…the Tigers jump up and are really good  about every 20 years are so. They will be better than expected.

2 hours ago, VZCR said:

Troup is a sleeper…returns a bunch from a young team that showed flashes of bad play and good play. They should be in the mix…the Tigers jump up and are really good  about every 20 years are so. They will be better than expected.

They will make the playoffs. I don’t see them in the top 2 of this district. I could be wrong though we will see soon enough.