Jump to content

**2021 3A-2 Region III District 9 thread**


Who wins the 2021 District Championship   

27 members have voted

  1. 1. District Champs 2021 ??

    • Harmony
    • Quitman
    • Troup
      0
    • Grand Saline
      0
    • West Rusk
    • Arp
    • Winona
      0


Recommended Posts

On 7/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, Timboslice79 said:

With Waskom,EF, Daingerfield and WR in this region its gonna be tough sledding. 

What’s Waskom looking like Timmy? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty sure we'll  be battling for last spot again... next year and the following 2-3 year's we have talented group of kids that will come through and should be competitive 

It wasnt you it was someone else so I with draw my statement.... But I do believe we have a great chance to win it all coming out of region 4.... P.S. I was just pulling your chain

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top three picks are Newton, Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they sho

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

What’s Waskom looking like Timmy? 

Will be better than last year. Bigger, faster, stronger and deeper. JV lost once last year and only gave up 7 points total in district or something like that. Only lost a couple players to graduation but bring back all skill position players. Coaches are saying this will be the best offensive line they have had in the 12 years they have been at Waskom.  So looking pretty good I would say.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, Timboslice79 said:

Will be better than last year. Bigger, faster, stronger and deeper. JV lost once last year and only gave up 7 points total in district or something like that. Only lost a couple players to graduation but bring back all skill position players. Coaches are saying this will be the best offensive line they have had in the 12 years they have been at Waskom.  So looking pretty good I would say.

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top three picks are Newton, Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they should make some noise, this region is the toughest.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top two picks are Newton and Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they should make some noise, this region is the toughest.

No doubt,  not to down on WR but I believe they are the 5th best team in the region but with a couple of good breaks they could knock off one of the other 4. They weren't competitive with Waskom last year in the playoffs but they could've just had an off game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Timboslice79 said:

No doubt,  not to down on WR but I believe they are the 5th best team in the region but with a couple of good breaks they could knock off one of the other 4. They weren't competitive with Waskom last year in the playoffs but they could've just had an off game.

Wasn’t their best performance against Waskom at all. I think Waskom was just better than them last year honestly. If they play again this year I think it will be a better game. WR is looking really good going into this season. I haven’t seen a group of kids buy into the program as much as this group has. They have been training and lifting weights all off season. Gonna have lots of speed and strength. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WR non district schedule will be a good indication of how good they will be this season. East Chambers, Mineola, and Sabine are pretty stout D1 teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm sounding like a true Homer right now but I think waskom will have perfect season ...  an I honestly believe the next 6 years in waskom will be great those youth kids don't know how to lose a game.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, quickshot said:

I know I'm sounding like a true Homer right now but I think waskom will have perfect season ...  an I honestly believe the next 6 years in waskom will be great those youth kids don't know how to lose a game.. 

Keep Keeling around lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quickshot said:

I know I'm sounding like a true Homer right now but I think waskom will have perfect season ...  an I honestly believe the next 6 years in waskom will be great those youth kids don't know how to lose a game.. 

Franklin will be a big obstacle for Waskom again this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Franklin will be a big obstacle for Waskom again this year. 

Most definitely.. I look forward to waskom playing them again.. waskom is going to be a different monster this year. Last year they shocked most of us.. this year I believe they will dominate everyone.. call me jj Jr! 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, quickshot said:

Most definitely.. I look forward to waskom playing them again.. waskom is going to be a different monster this year. Last year they shocked most of us.. this year I believe they will dominate everyone.. call me jj Jr! 😜

They will be really good no doubt about it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, TDJ89 said:

I believe the state champion will come out of our region, my top three picks are Newton, Waskom and West Rusk, if Daingerfield and EF can fill the QB position with some good solid production, they should make some noise, this region is the toughest.

We got the QB... the almost all new coaching staff is my concern but our region should be fun and entertaining. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Troup is a sleeper…returns a bunch from a young team that showed flashes of bad play and good play. They should be in the mix…the Tigers jump up and are really good  about every 20 years are so. They will be better than expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VZCR said:

Troup is a sleeper…returns a bunch from a young team that showed flashes of bad play and good play. They should be in the mix…the Tigers jump up and are really good  about every 20 years are so. They will be better than expected.

They will make the playoffs. I don’t see them in the top 2 of this district. I could be wrong though we will see soon enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...