Blue Ridge Open

supermaroon

39 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Head coach heading home to Gregory Portland to be assistant AD and DC. Who will be interested in this one? They have good facilities and great location. But definitely lacking in the talent category but seem to have good kids.

With growth pushing out that way, it’s just a matter of time before they have that talent.

2 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

Melissa lost their best returning player for 2021 because of that coaching staff.  Although they will spin it differently I’m sure.  I would avoid like the plague anyone off that staff in my opinion.  Success there has come at feasting on inferior non-district teams and being in a terrible district save Argyle every year and Paris some years.  Can’t get past 3rd round after getting to play weak district 6 & 8 opponents.  I wound imagine you will see quite a bit of turnover this year and probably a entire staff change in 2022.   Townsfolk don’t like the ways things are done in Melissa.  School board races will be telling. 

Can you tell all of us that are not "in the know" who the best returning player was from Melissa? And, where did he go?

On 2/13/2021 at 12:23 PM, Footballalltheway said:

Melissa lost their best returning player for 2021 because of that coaching staff.  Although they will spin it differently I’m sure.  I would avoid like the plague anyone off that staff in my opinion.  Success there has come at feasting on inferior non-district teams and being in a terrible district save Argyle every year and Paris some years.  Can’t get past 3rd round after getting to play weak district 6 & 8 opponents.  I wound imagine you will see quite a bit of turnover this year and probably a entire staff change in 2022.   Townsfolk don’t like the ways things are done in Melissa.  School board races will be telling. 

I am a towns person and I love the program.  You must be apart of the “townsfolk” that kid didn’t get to play the position he wanted.  We live in a world where if people don’t get what we want we wine and complain about it.  The TRUTH is that a set of parents wanted their son to play QB and that didn’t happen so they are upset and trying to get the coaching staff fired.  That mom is running for school board.  That same set of crazy parents after a game cussed out the HFC and another coach on the staff in front of the town preacher, his son, and in front of the HFC’s wife and three kids.   The police had to intervene it was that bad. We live in a sad world. That football staff is is a great one with great men who do what’s best for the team and not what’s best for an individual.  And as for the best player moving he believed going to a bigger school would help him get recruited and it’s probably best for him and the entire athletic program that he left because he wasn’t what you would call a “team guy”The TRUTH has just been spun!!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 2/15/2021 at 1:03 PM, HasBeen81 said:

I am a towns person and I love the program.  You must be apart of the “townsfolk” that kid didn’t get to play the position he wanted.  We live in a world where if people don’t get what we want we wine and complain about it.  The TRUTH is that a set of parents wanted their son to play QB and that didn’t happen so they are upset and trying to get the coaching staff fired.  That mom is running for school board.  That same set of crazy parents after a game cussed out the HFC and another coach on the staff in front of the town preacher, his son, and in front of the HFC’s wife and three kids.   The police had to intervene it was that bad. We live in a sad world. That football staff is is a great one with great men who do what’s best for the team and not what’s best for an individual.  And as for the best player moving he believed going to a bigger school would help him get recruited and it’s probably best for him and the entire athletic program that he left because he wasn’t what you would call a “team guy”The TRUTH has just 

Edited by CrankyOldMan

55 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

You just epitomized the administration and staff in Melissa with your response.  Self serving people with little regard for the kids.  The only QB I know about is the one that didn’t live in Melissa for the first half of the season but still played.  Out of all other shady transfers that is the straw that broke the camel’s back for many people.  The staff is just a reflection of the Superintendent and the AD.  

So you are OK with parents coming on the field and cussing a coach out in front of a preacher, the coaches wife, and 4 KIDS with the police getting involved and then justifying running for the board?? There is no room for any of that business in schools at all.  And all about a kid playing QB.  Give me a break.  Entitled Parents with an agenda and living through their kids is what is wrong with athletics today. And yes I do like the AD he seems like a great guy.

1 hour ago, Footballalltheway said:

You just epitomized the administration and staff in Melissa with your response.  Self serving people with little regard for the kids.  The only QB I know about is the one that didn’t live in Melissa for the first half of the season but still played.  Out of all other shady transfers that is the straw that broke the camel’s back for many people.  The staff is just a reflection of the Superintendent and the AD.  

46 minutes ago, HasBeen81 said:

So you are OK with parents coming on the field and cussing a coach out in front of a preacher, the coaches wife, and 4 KIDS with the police getting involved and then justifying running for the board?? There is no room for any of that business in schools at all.  And all about a kid playing QB.  Give me a break.  Entitled Parents with an agenda and living through their kids is what is wrong with athletics today. And yes I do like the AD he seems like a great guy.

Go on

On 2/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, HasBeen81 said:

Edited by CrankyOldMan

2 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

I have no knowledge of what you’re talking about regarding the altercation you are referencing.  I just know there is a lot of people that do not like the way the sports programs are run.  More importantly the exorbitant amount of money being spent on infrastructure for sports.  Desired change has much more to do than just sports.  It will be resolved the most equitable way our society has and that is through the election process.  If the board turns over in the next few years I suspect you will see changes starting with the superintendent.   It will only happen through the removal of incompetent and compromised board members.   

Information is power and before you vote I would get all the facts about who you are voting for before you check the box for them.  Good luck in your elections but I will not be voting for someone who violates the basic principle in life and that is being decent. With that being said I am sorry for posting in this Blue Ridge topic.  I hope y’all  find a great coach.  

On 2/16/2021 at 12:52 PM, HasBeen81 said:

Information is power and before you vote I would get all the facts about who you are voting for before you check the box for them.  Good luck in your elections but I will not be voting for someone who violates the basic principle in life and that is being decent. With that being said I am sorry for posting in this Blue Ridge topic.  I hope y’all  find a great coach.  

Edited by CrankyOldMan

1 minute ago, Footballalltheway said:

“who violates the basic principle in life and that is being decent.”  Wish a few of the admin and coaches thought the same way.  On second thought I think Blue Ridge should hire them all.  Problem solved!

I think you should move to Blue Ridge

34 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

“who violates the basic principle in life and that is being decent.”  Wish a few of the admin and coaches thought the same way.  On second thought I think Blue Ridge should hire them all.  Problem solved!

If you are about people cussing out people in front of kids then please move away.  That is what I mean by decent.  They cussed people out in front of kids and then the cops get on them and they lose it.  KIDS!!  That ain’t decent.  Can’t back that behavior.  To me that’s wrong and will always be wrong.  

On 2/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, HasBeen81 said:

If you are about people cussing out people in front of kids then please move away.  That is what I mean by decent.  They cussed people out in front of kids and then the cops get on them and they lose it.  KIDS!!  That ain’t decent.  Can’t back that behavior.  To me that’s wrong and will always be wrong.  

Edited by CrankyOldMan

6 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

You obviously haven’t heard the way some of the coaches, one in particular, talks to the kids.  There is coaching then there is flat verbal abuse and disrespect.  If you’re tied in like it sounds you know who it is.  That behavior is indefensible.  

Sounds like I need to get informed but it also sounds like you need to get informed.  I do not know of a coach doing that but I do know of the altercation after that game.  I don’t believe in abuse of any kind with a child involved and if there is a coach doing that then they should be reprimanded and the school shouldn’t allow it.  But, those parents cussing coaches out after a game in front of KIDS is abuse as well and they should be reprimanded by not being allowed to run for an agenda based school board seat.