Blue Ridge Open

supermaroon

On 2/16/2021 at 3:15 PM, HasBeen81 said:

Sounds like I need to get informed but it also sounds like you need to get informed.  I do not know of a coach doing that but I do know of the altercation after that game.  I don’t believe in abuse of any kind with a child involved and if there is a coach doing that then they should be reprimanded and the school shouldn’t allow it.  But, those parents cussing coaches out after a game in front of KIDS is abuse as well and they should be reprimanded by not being allowed to run for an agenda based school board seat.  

Edited by CrankyOldMan

2 hours ago, dogs3505 said:

so to get back on track here, is blue ridge capable of winning or are they dead in the water?

they won a playoff in 2019 7-5 and were 10-2 a few years ago i believe so they are capable of being competitive. So anyone heard any rumors or rumblings. Wonder if a former bulldog right up the road would be interested?

On 2/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, Footballalltheway said:

You obviously haven’t heard the way some of the coaches, one in particular, talks to the kids.  There is coaching then there is flat verbal abuse and disrespect.  If you’re tied in like it sounds you know who it is.  That behavior is indefensible.  

Hope you have some valid information to defame the character of a coach. Coaches spend more time with those kids than I would every want to (much more than your typical 40 hour work week) and I know many coaches that love their athletes like their are their own children.

I am not staying bad coaches don't exist, however, I think we should be careful jumping to conclusions and accusing coaches of wrong doing based on rumors and hearsay.

1 hour ago, Propotential said:

It's hard to get over their school colors.

When I was a kid we played Blue Ridge Tigers who were green and Celeste Blue Devils (blue) and Caddo Mills Foxes who were green.  It was bit confusing for me to keep up with who was who and to keep up with their colors lol.