J.J. Watt Signs with Cardinals

It was a poorly kept secret that JJ wasn't coming back next year, but it is now official. Such mixed feelings on this. I am beyond happy he gets a chance to chase a Super Bowl ring with an actual contender. I am forever grateful for what he has meant to the city of Houston. He is forever a legend in Houston and you won't see any fans rooting against him in his new city. Still stings to see him leave...

From a business perspective, how the heck do you cut JJ?!?!? You can't work a trade deal and at least get something back in return for the inevitable rebuild? 

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If he will take a team friendly salary, I can see this order being his choices......1) Steelers.....close 2) Bucs...........distant 3) Cowboys(he likes Texas)

I like this. Cowboys should be in the mix next season, but then again I thought that this past season. Hopefully the Cowboys won't be plagued with the injury bug. Watt, imo, would be a great addition to the defense.

Current betting odds on where Watt will land...

Team Odds
Pittsburgh Steelers +175
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +200
Green Bay Packers +550
Baltimore Ravens +650
Los Angeles Rams +1100
Dallas Cowboys +1200
Cleveland Browns +1400
Miami Dolphins +1500
New England Patriots +1500
Tennessee Titans +1700

• 3 weeks later...

Watt WAS a great player, back in the day ...  he's too injury prone and is no where near the player he was in his prime ... and like Kolmes said, he caved in to the social justice :BS: and would be a cancer on any team spouting that :BS: ... the Cardinals are crazy paying him the kind of guaranteed money that's being reported  ... he's not worth half the reported contract ...

This is about getting out of Houston and away from Jack Easterby. He took a pay cut to join a team that is the fourth best in their division. He could have gone to Green Bay or Buffalo for the same money and had a better chance to compete for a championship. Turns out this move wasn't to chase a title, it was to get out of dodge. Not exactly sure how I feel about that...

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

I heard old folks love to retire to Arizona. Any truth to this @KirtFalconand @RETIREDFAN1? This Emmitt leaving Dallas2.0.

I thought that too with Emmitt, but they also have DHop.  I'm sure he talked him into it.  The Cardinals were 8-8 last year, but showed some promise.  They certainly aren't a Super Bowl contender.  He's just going from one bad team to another.  I don't know why he wanted to be released, except to win a Super Bowl.  

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona back in the early 80s ... hated the hot and dusty weather ... loved northern Az ..... would never consider retiring there ....

I would in Flagstaff it reminds me a lot of East Texas with all of the pine trees.  I have a friend that is semi retired there he does give tours of the Grand Canyon, and he posts some picks of the area that are off the beaten path.  The Grand Canyon will always be my favorite National Park.  

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I would in Flagstaff it reminds me a lot of East Texas with all of the pine trees.  I have a friend that is semi retired there he does give tours of the Grand Canyon, and he posts some picks of the area that are off the beaten path.  The Grand Canyon will always be my favorite National Park.  

Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona near Flagstaff are both beautiful  ....

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to J.J. Watt Signs with Cardinals
10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona near Flagstaff are both beautiful  ....

The climate is nice even during the summer.  I spent a week in the Mesa/ Phoenix area in 1978, and it was over 110 everyday, the highest I saw was 121.  It wasn't too bad in the afternoon, but during the day, I was always in the swimming pool.  I was asked by some cousins that live in that area if I wanted to go to the Phoenix Zoo during the day, and I said you're crazy it's too hot out there to be walking around.  I can remember 100 degree days at Six Flags, and even with all the shade trees the Spelunkers Cave and the Log Ride I was always sweating.      

11 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The climate is nice even during the summer.  I spent a week in the Mesa/ Phoenix area in 1978, and it was over 110 everyday, the highest I saw was 121.  It wasn't too bad in the afternoon, but during the day, I was always in the swimming pool.  I was asked by some cousins that live in that area if I wanted to go to the Phoenix Zoo during the day, and I said you're crazy it's too hot out there to be walking around.  I can remember 100 degree days at Six Flags, and even with all the shade trees the Spelunkers Cave and the Log Ride I was always sweating.      

Hot and dusty most of the time .... just loved getting in my truck after it was out in the 115 degree sun all afternoon .... finding a shady parking spot was about as rare as finding $100 bill on the sidewalk ... no thanks, I like four seasons ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

13 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hot and dusty most of the time .... just loved getting in my truck after it was out in the 115 degree sun all afternoon .... finding a shady parking spot was about as rare as finding $100 bill on the sidewalk ... no thanks, I like four seasons ....

If you live in Texas there has never been a true four seasons ever, except maybe in the panhandle, but I heard they have a hard time with dust out there too.  We just had a week of winter this year in Houston, and spring and fall last almost as long as the summer each down here.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

If you live in Texas there has never been a true four seasons ever, except maybe in the panhandle, but I heard they have a hard time with dust out there too.  We just had a week of winter this year in Houston, and spring and fall last almost as long as the summer each down here.  

Phoenix Arizona has hot and hotter ....