How cold is it at YOUR house right now?

CarthDawg77

50 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

12 degrees F. Feels like -2 degrees. 6or 7 inches of snow on the ground. Roads were completely covered today, but not difficult to get around. Traffic was very light with only a truck or two running up & down US59. 

9 degrees now @ 10:20PM ( feels like -5) 

Note: Already got my old Gunsmoke coffee pot set up on the stove for tomorrow just in case we lose electricity... “A country boy Can Survive...”😜

• Like 1

10 degrees @ 11:25

7" of snow

Haven't lost power at all

Water has been frozen all day. Haven't been able to get it going down at the well.  Have several large water bottles on hand and plenty of drinking water. Probably won't get the it unthawed until it gets above freezing ....

Yea, I should have left running last night ....

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

7" of snow

Water has been frozen all day. Haven't been able to get it going down at the well.  Have several large water bottles on hand and plenty of drinking water. Probably won't get the it unthawed until it gets above freezing ....

Got water dripping throughout the house; sinks bathtubs etc. all faucets outside covered & insulated. Several candles strategically placed in the event of power loss. Supposed to be 0 degrees by 6AM with chill factor of -7 degrees F. ☃️

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

7" of snow

We in the same boat... mines froze as well, I didn't drip cause the last cold we had it didn't freeze so I overlooked it SMH

• LOL! 1

Heard on the news this morning that this is the coldest it has been in East Texas in 91 years ... if someone tells you they remember it being colder, unless it's Kolmes or Hagar, they are probably lying ... either that or they are a lying dog faced pony soldier dimocrat  ....

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

It’s 13 down here.  Record is 10 in 1889.  Had an inch or two of rare snowfall.  Gators don’t like the snow.  I like it a heckuva lot better than freezing rain.  Praise the Lord, no power loss yet.

The freezing rain is coming, I'm afraid ....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It got down to -1 here in Carthage. Currently 14 degrees & sunny for now. Roads a tad slick, but passable. Getting everything done before the Ice Storm which is coming.☃️

Center must be in a warm pocket or something. 24 here now. Called my parents this morning, who live at Flatwoods in Panola County said it got down to -2. Crazy.

• Like 1

Was -3 at the house this morning, swimming pool and pond can be ice skated on--and I weigh 235.. 

Have electricity, internet up and down, but haven't had water in 2 days--breaking ice, using pool water for the toilets. 

So all in all, pretty good days. LOL. 

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Heard on the news this morning that this is the coldest it has been in East Texas in 91 years ... if someone tells you they remember it being colder, unless it's Kolmes or Hagar, they are probably lying ... either that or they are a lying dog faced pony soldier dimocrat  ....

I’m going on 62 years old, & this is the coldest temp & most snow I have ever seen in Panola County. 1983 (or ‘86) was cold & so was 1996, but this tops both of those.

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

I’m going on 62 years old, & this is the coldest temp & most snow I have ever seen in Panola County. 1983 was cold & so was 1996, but this tops both of those.

Heard it got down around 8 F back in '88, but I was in the military back then, so I'm not real sure.

33 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Was -3 at the house this morning, swimming pool and pond can be ice skated on--and I weigh 235.. 

Have electricity, internet up and down, but haven't had water in 2 days--breaking ice, using pool water for the toilets. 

So all in all, pretty good days. LOL. 

What town are you at?