CarthDawg77

9 minutes ago, Olduy said:

No power since 2:30 am Monday no water since this morning 

generator is ginnin 

melting snow to wash dishes and dipping water from the lake to flush commodes 

Well at least you have a generator, hope you get power soon

12 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Well at least you have a generator, hope you get power soon

I was down to 1% propane for my generator because my now ex propane company did not deliver on last Thursday. Will give a shout out to Glo Flame in Bullard for stepping up and making a delivery to several in our neighborhood 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

72 in my house.  Sorry not rubbing it in, but never lost power.  We are in an energy efficient new neighborhood 

We had one round of rolling blackout yesterday which lasted about 2 hours. All good since, unless we talk about my patio cover which nearly collapsed from the weight of all of the snow on top of it. I was able to take the majority of it off with a ladder & rake to relieve the pressure. Hopefully, it won’t come down completely and do collateral damage to other parts of the house. Several have collapsed all over town.

I finally got my well water unfrozen this afternoon. Had a large double burner propane heater in the well house for several hours ... fresh clean and clear water!!!

So far we haven't lost power. I am on the edge of Rusk County and I'm on the Rusk County Electric CoOp  ... lots of people around Garrison have lost power .... lots of ice damage  ...I have about 25 acres of young pine trees that are practically laying down ... you can listen and hear limbs snapping from the weight of the ice ... sounded like rifle shots all day .... 

Right now it is 69 degrees in my house...because that is what the thermostat is set at 😀. We have been so lucky...our water has not froze and our power has not even blinked. Daughter and son in law in Tyler have not had power since Monday night. Daughter and son in law in Nac have not had power since this morning. Better them than me and mom. Just kidding...sort of 🤣.

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

42 inside my house right now. Power is back on but our 10k hvac system we just finished paying off is not working. Repairman should be out later today. Definitely better than the freezing Temps inside a couple days ago though. Counting blessings. 

Praying for you!