Senator Ted Cruz takes trip to Cancun as Texans freeze with no electricity. .

BlahBlah

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

What is funny about that?  Do you not understand the definition of hypocrite?

I don't think he does most hypocrites wouldn't, Cruz being gone during a snow storm and the Austin mayor saying what he said is very different, not even close, as I said when Cruz starts running the state of Texas then he will be held accountable but right now enjoy your vacation Senator Cruz it is well deserved

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I don't think he does most hypocrites wouldn't, Cruz being gone during a snow storm and the Austin mayor saying what he said is very different, not even close, as I said when Cruz starts running the state of Texas then he will be held accountable but right now enjoy your vacation Senator Cruz it is well deserved

You can't see the difference either can you Barry....LOL

Enough with the whataboutisms and the deflections regarding this. During the middle of a historic week of misery and suffering, rather than work the phones to get help or keep abreast of the situation and just show empathy and sympathy, he chose to go to Cancun on a vacation. It's inexcusable. Period. 

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Enough with the whataboutisms and the deflections regarding this. During the middle of a historic week of misery and suffering, rather than work the phones to get help or keep abreast of the situation and just show empathy and sympathy, he chose to go to Cancun on a vacation. It's inexcusable. Period. 

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen...even though Blieden declared an emergency and the Gov. of the state is working the problem with ERCOT and other STATE officials old Barry here wants empathy and sympathy from a DC senator....which is great, but how does that fix anything??? I have no problem with him taking vacation....don't you get one??? Or do you go and provide empathy and sympathy around town on you vacation time???  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen...even though Blieden declared an emergency and the Gov. of the state is working the problem with ERCOT and other STATE officials old Barry here wants empathy and sympathy from a DC senator....which is great, but how does that fix anything??? I have no problem with him taking vacation....don't you get one??? Or do you go and provide empathy and sympathy around town on you vacation time???  

That you expect so little from him is in line with your continued Trump devotion, who proudly never really cared about anyone and never worked to truly be a public servant. My standards are higher.

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

That you expect so little from him is in line with your continued Trump devotion, who proudly never really cared about anyone and never worked to truly be a public servant. My standards are higher.

He'll be on blast soon, let's see his answers

5 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I couldn’t care less about him going to Mexico. However, I wouldn’t do it now poor choice on his part. Making this as an issue is ridiculous in itself. 

I would have gladly flew to Cancun on Sunday if I had known what I was going to have to deal with here.  No power, water, or internet for three days.  On the fourth my starter goes out on my car.  I wish I would be in Cancun.  Congress isn't in session so there's nothing he can do right now.  I'm sure when they reconvene he'll be working for Texas.  He may have planned this trip months ago for a Valentines Day vacation with his wife.  I can't blame him one bit. 

4 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Why are senators not in Washington DC working? That is my biggest problem. Don't care if he takes vacations, especially if they are planned well in advance. And I don't know if this was or was not. But then again, why is he leaving DC, I didn't think this week was a "vacation" week for congress. I hope this comes out of his vacation days, like it would for the rest of us. 

Congress only works about 80-90 days a year.  That needs to change.  Cruz could be in Mexico working on a deal with Mexico.  I remember the 1981 Cancun Conference which is basically why Cancun is a resort spot now, and Reagan was there.  My brother was on a mission in Merida, Quintana Roo, Mexico.  

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

We have plenty of State Representatives and State Senators doing that.  I'm sure he was on the phone as well.  I'd rather be on a beach than huddled up at home.  I heard where he lives in the Woodlands that it was pretty bad up there, and many were without power, and some without cell phone service.  I'm with Xfinity, and I actually was given $30 off my bill, because mine was out.  What's really messed up is the City of Houston was lit up like a Christmas tree, while the rest of us were in pitch black conditions.  My indoor thermostat that has battery backup read 38 degrees.  I was in the bed 70 percent of the time trying to stay warm.  

5 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I don’t blame him but sends a bad look. People just trying to make a fool out him despite the same circumstances , they would do the same. 

Those kinds of trips are made months in advance.  I'm sure he could have cancelled the trip, but there is no reason to do so.  

18 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Those kinds of trips are made months in advance.  I'm sure he could have cancelled the trip, but there is no reason to do so.  

So he just happened to know that his kid’s school was getting closed because of a blizzard months in advance to make this trip. 

This is just plain bad optics.  Sen Cruz could have at least passed out hot soup at a warming center.  He could have gone non-stop on TV showing he is fighting for us.   He could have given at least an illusion that he cared about us the people.  

Guys, I get the anger, but... Ted Cruz is a US SENATOR.  He represents our state on a NATIONAL LEVEL.  Your GOVERNOR and STATE REPRESENTATIVES and STATE SENATORS, who actually represent our state and counties on a STATE LEVEL, are who you should be mad at.

• Thanks 1

If you're more angry with Ted Cruz, who hasn't hampered your freedom or safety at all with his personal decision of travel, than you are at those who closed down businesses and forced millions into the unemployment with their decision, then you might just be a busybody who enjoys telling others how to live - like those who closed down businesses and sent millions to the unemployment line.

The only thing I'm waiting for Ted Cruz - and every other politician - to do is shrink government.

• Like 4