Senator Ted Cruz takes trip to Cancun as Texans freeze with no electricity. .

BlahBlah

12 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

How about fight for us.  At least represent the Texans who elected. him.  When AOC and Beto do more than Cruz, that is flat out shameful.  

Tell us how he could fight for us.  What actions could he have taken?  What specifically could he have done that would’ve made a difference?  
Come on @BlahBlah

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Tell us how he could fight for us.  What actions could he have taken?  What specifically could he have done that would’ve made a difference?  
Come on @BlahBlah

For the 1,000th time

1. He could help raise money for charity like AOC did.  

2. He could have set up a phone bank and start calling people to make they re safe and warm like Beto did.  

3. He could have gone every radio and TV program like our governor did to at least put an image that he is fighting for us Texans.  

If Ted Cruz was in the military and in battle.  Ted would be the guy who would abandoned you in a fox hole by running away from the battle.  

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

For the 1,000th time

2. He could have set up a phone bank and start calling people to make they re safe and warm like Beto did.  

3. He could have gone every radio and TV program like our governor did to at least put an image that he is fighting for us Texans.  

If Ted Cruz was in the military and in battle.  Ted would be the guy who would abandoned you in a fox hole by running away from the battle.  

What “battle” were you in?  You mean the weather was so cold that you’ll compare it to war?  That would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. 

So which of those do you need?  Next time it gets cold outside would you like me to call, send money or get on tv and tell you it’s all gonna be ok? I’ll do whatever you need. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

What “battle” were you in?  You mean the weather was so cold that you’ll compare it to war?  That would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. 

So which of those do you need?  Next time it gets cold outside would you like me to call, send money or get on tv and tell you it’s all gonna be ok? I’ll do whatever you need. 

If we have weather like that again, and no way to heat the house.  How about you call nursing homes, or just older people to make sure they are ok.  Give transportation to warming centers to people who need it.  Hopefully we won't have to go through something like that again.  

Things I did.  Checked with people in the neighborhood .  Fixed my families, friends, and other people's broken water pipes.  I only had them pay for the parts to replace the broken ones.  On the older people who are on fixed incomes, I didn't charge anything.  What have you done ?

Just now, BlahBlah said:

If we have weather like that again, and no way to heat the house.  How about you call nursing homes, or just older people to make sure they are ok.  Give transportation to warming centers to people who need it.  Hopefully we won't have to go through something like that again.  

Things I did.  Checked with people in the neighborhood .  Fixed my families, friends, and other people's broken water pipes.  I only had them pay for the parts to replace the broken ones.  On the older people who are on fixed incomes, I didn't charge anything.  What have you done ?

You don’t want to play that who did more game with me partner, you’ll lose in a landslide! 

I’ll help all that need it and good on you for helping, but seriously who needs a Senator to make phone calls? 

So let’s play this out, Ted calls someone and they respond with, I’m cold, hungry, out of power.  What then, what would you have him do? 

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

You don’t want to play that who did more game with me partner, you’ll lose in a landslide! 

I’ll help all that need it and good on you for helping, but seriously who needs a Senator to make phone calls? 

So let’s play this out, Ted calls someone and they respond with, I’m cold, hungry, out of power.  What then, what would you have him do? 

Beto had his staff call local agencies who had the connections.  Texas Repesentive Sid Miller got a call about a foster home in his district and needing help.  He made sure the kids got to a warming center, and was taking care of.  

14 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why do 'conservatives' hate the idea of government, 

We prefer the LIMITED form of government given to us by the Founders and their ORIGINAL INTENT as spelled out in the United States Constitution.......what we have today would have THEM in open revolution once more, were they alive to see it........

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

For the 1,000th time

So in other words slice brisket or serve sandwiches.  Beto called people to check on them.  What’d he do if they weren’t ok?  Cruz’s hotel in Mexico might have a phone there.  Or his cell has international plan.  

fir the 1,000th time, he is out US senator and prolly made the calls he could.  If you’re gonna ### that he didn’t call individuals or pass out frozen bottles of water, there’s prolly no making you happy.  Did *biden show up to pass out blankets?  Where was he?