Senator Ted Cruz takes trip to Cancun as Texans freeze with no electricity. .

BlahBlah

35 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why do 'conservatives' hate the idea of government, because it is supposedly taking away freedoms and isn't efficient, but then when those who act as public servants or are called to be so, also get derisive and critical and defensive? It's a nasty mess. 

Because liberals depend on them so much they tax us to death.   If there weren’t so many liberals needing somebody to take care of them the government wouldn’t have to inject themselves into everything that takes place.

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

Beto had his staff call local agencies who had the connections.  Texas Repesentive Sid Miller got a call about a foster home in his district and needing help.  He made sure the kids got to a warming center, and was taking care of.  

One made a phone call and the other “made sure” 

Wow, what service!

6 hours ago, trashyhound said:

You don’t want to play that who did more game with me partner, you’ll lose in a landslide! 

I’ll help all that need it and good on you for helping, but seriously who needs a Senator to make phone calls? 

So let’s play this out, Ted calls someone and they respond with, I’m cold, hungry, out of power.  What then, what would you have him do? 

He was making calls in Cancun.  Anyone that doesn't think he was is an idiot.  They do have to pay a $4.99 fee plus so many cents per minute.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k6142504-Cell_service_in_Cancun-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

President Biden is coming to Houston on Friday. 

What's that going to do ?  He can stay in D.C. there's no need for him down here now.  The thing is I imagine millions of people that had their pipes burst, there dry wall damaged, and their insulation won't receive a dime from the Government for help.  They might get loans, but they'll have to be paid back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I see I sign pointing to his office in Stephenville.  Only reason I know was that I went to Stephenville this week to fix my sister's rent house to fix broken water pipes, and her roommate drove one of the church buses to pick them up.  They brought them to a church which was also a warming center last week.  She said Sid Miller was there.  

I wonder what Sen. John Coryn was doing ?  I haven't heard.  I will give him the benefit of a doubt since no one is speaking his name.  He was probably working on it, but didn't seek attention for it.  I can respect that.  

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Not he, but we pay.

You do realize that he married up, don't you.  Barry Laverty has confirmed that he married up as well.  If I would have had a crystal ball, I would have headed to Cancun as well.  Wouldn't any of us ?  I'm sure their trip was planned in advance, as many others do for vacations.  Whenever I've taken a trip, I would make plans to see certain sites even with a road trip.  Even back in the day I would stay in contact with my employer.  Many of my junctures were long before cell phones, and we had pagers to call back to give advice via pay phones.  

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

You do realize that he married up, don't you.  Barry Laverty has confirmed that he married up as well.  If I would have had a crystal ball, I would have headed to Cancun as well.  Wouldn't any of us ?  I'm sure their trip was planned in advance, as many others do for vacations.  Whenever I've taken a trip, I would make plans to see certain sites even with a road trip.  Even back in the day I would stay in contact with my employer.  Many of my junctures were long before cell phones, and we had pagers to call back to give advice via pay phones.  

Trip wasn't planned, he even said so