Never let a crisis go to waste

Youngcoach123

The left will take this storm and use it as a way to get more control of the most basic things of our life. That’s why every leftist on this site is railing against Anything privately controlled during this storm. Why is the NYtimes reporting on this? It’s a unified effort for Government to control everything. I’d rather a person in Michigan control the grid over any government. Arguing about semantics is silly with lefties. They just want their god gov to be in control.

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Sure... Are you ever going to provide the details of this kid’s death? Do you even Know? Waiting...

From one story I read he and his family went outside to play in the snow, in single digit weather with wind chills in the negatives. Then the family went to sleep in a mobile home without heat that was already cold-soaked(close to outside temps). 

1 minute ago, BoHogg said:

So it’s just not lefties as you agreed in his post who blame someone else for a tragic event? To seek justice? To try and ensure someone else doesn’t have to go through a similar experience? 

That thang got a Hemi, BooHogg??? You Don’t know the details of the kid’s death, yet you are all in favor of his family suing the power company for $100M...🙄

3 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

From one story I read he and his family went outside to play in the snow, in single digit weather with wind chills in the negatives. Then the family went to sleep in a mobile home without heat that was already cold-soaked(close to outside temps). 

The family didn’t have any dry clothes, blankets, etc. to stay warm with? Just asking for more info to come to a better conclusion before jumping on the sue train, that’s all.

Purposefully directed at Texas.  Bloodguilt on the hands of Biden and his cohorts.  

Corrupt/Evil/Murderers of Texans
So here is Biden’s dark winter... directed at us!
You people that are dogging Ted Cruz, check this out.
Smoking Gun! Joe Biden’s Dept. of Energy Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Killer Storm
A week before, Texas begged for help and asked for DOE to lift federal regulations barring state's energy.  
An Emergency Order from the Biden administration’s Department of Energy shows Texas energy grid operator ERCOT was instructed to stay within green energy standards by purchasing energy from outside the state at a higher cost, throttling power output throughout the state ahead of a catastrophic polar vortex.
Going into effect Sunday, Feb. 14, Emergency Order 202-21-1 shows the Energy Dept. was aware of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s statewide disaster declaration and that ERCOT was readying gas utilities in preparation for a demand surge.
The order shows Acting Energy Secretary David Huizenga did not waive environmental restrictions to allow for maximum energy output, instead ordering ERCOT to utilize all resources in order to stay within acceptable emissions standards – including purchasing energy from outside the state.
Moreover, the order instructed an “incremental amount of restricted capacity” to be sold to ERCOT at “a price no lower than $1,500/MWh,” an increase of over 6,000 percent over February 2020 prices of $18.20.
On Wednesday, the Dallas Business Journal reported, “Electricity on the Texas grid has averaged about $1,137.33 per megawatt hour so far in February, up from $18.20 per megawatt hour in February 2020, according to data from the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas. That’s a jump of more than 6,000 percent.”
Days later, the Public Utility Commission of Texas set prices at $9,000/MWh.
The EO shows the Biden administration basically ordered ERCOT to throttle its energy output by forcing it to comply with environmental green energy standards, while knowing full well Texans could freeze to death in their homes with zero electricity as temperatures plunged into the single digits.

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Purposefully directed at Texas.  Bloodguilt on the hands of Biden and his cohorts.  

Corrupt/Evil/Murderers of Texans
So here is Biden’s dark winter... directed at us!
You people that are dogging Ted Cruz, check this out.
Smoking Gun! Joe Biden’s Dept. of Energy Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Killer Storm
A week before, Texas begged for help and asked for DOE to lift federal regulations barring state's energy.  
An Emergency Order from the Biden administration’s Department of Energy shows Texas energy grid operator ERCOT was instructed to stay within green energy standards by purchasing energy from outside the state at a higher cost, throttling power output throughout the state ahead of a catastrophic polar vortex.
Going into effect Sunday, Feb. 14, Emergency Order 202-21-1 shows the Energy Dept. was aware of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s statewide disaster declaration and that ERCOT was readying gas utilities in preparation for a demand surge.
The order shows Acting Energy Secretary David Huizenga did not waive environmental restrictions to allow for maximum energy output, instead ordering ERCOT to utilize all resources in order to stay within acceptable emissions standards – including purchasing energy from outside the state.
Moreover, the order instructed an “incremental amount of restricted capacity” to be sold to ERCOT at “a price no lower than $1,500/MWh,” an increase of over 6,000 percent over February 2020 prices of $18.20.
On Wednesday, the Dallas Business Journal reported, “Electricity on the Texas grid has averaged about $1,137.33 per megawatt hour so far in February, up from $18.20 per megawatt hour in February 2020, according to data from the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas. That’s a jump of more than 6,000 percent.”
Days later, the Public Utility Commission of Texas set prices at $9,000/MWh.
The EO shows the Biden administration basically ordered ERCOT to throttle its energy output by forcing it to comply with environmental green energy standards, while knowing full well Texans could freeze to death in their homes with zero electricity as temperatures plunged into the single digits.

Gonna need a link or the copyright info........for future reference.....If you don't post a link or the copyright info it will be removed......

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BoHogg said:

So it’s just not lefties as you agreed in his post who blame someone else for a tragic event? To seek justice? To try and ensure someone else doesn’t have to go through a similar experience? 

The parents let the kid play outside in the extreme cold with no way of being able to warm back up???

On 2/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, gamewatcher63 said:

I wish someone would have posted the story yesterday, because I didn't know what y 'all were talking about.  https://www.aol.com/news/texas-family-files-100m-lawsuit-145712032.html .  I don't think they have a case.  Since human beings have been around since the ice ages.  I actually don't know how people survived the winter especially in some castles I've seen that don't look like they have any fireplaces.   The entire family should have huddled/bundled up together.  Having the two brothers sleep in a separate bedroom was crazy.  I realize mobile homes aren't insulated very well, but that's when you layer up, and put more blankets on.  

I realize many people from south of the border that move to colder climates don't know the tricks to staying warm.  I have two neighbors that don't have water, because they didn't leave it running.  One of their homes was flooded when the warmer temperatures melted the ice inside the walls of their homes.  While this death is tragic, it was preventable had the parents kept their child warm.  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Yep, there’ll be a settlement instead of a judgement though

If I were there electric provider I would fight this case.  We don't know the numbers yet on how many people died.  I heard several did in Houston on NPR radio.  Many had electric medical devices that could not run.  So if every family sues on behalf of the relatives that died, and settlements are made it's going to hurt a lot of energy providers, and then us the consumers. 

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If I were there electric provider I would fight this case.  We don't know the numbers yet on how many people died.  I heard several did in Houston on NPR radio.  Many had electric medical devices that could not run.  So if every family sues on behalf of the relatives that died, and settlements are made it's going to hurt a lot of energy providers, and then us the consumers. 

Guess what?!  They’ll not have the money to winterize the plants then

• LOL! 1