The answer to power outages

Youngcoach123

3 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

We are deregulated, are you clueless????? You need to research before posting 

Are we though? If you believe we are truly deregulated then you are the clueless one and need to research yourself. 
 Maybe in name alone but if you follow the money in DC you’ll see that certain energy sectors get propped up through tax dollars while others are penalized. You’re smart enough to figure out which sources are on each side. 
That’s like saying farming is an actual free market in this country, just laughable. 

18 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

You have proven on here your common sense does not apply to this subject. Common sense means when cold weather is coming you winterize your home. Common sense is when ERCOT was told of the need they did not mandate it. You do not like that word but when it comes to this subject it applies. You would not want a nuclear power plant with subpar facilities next to your house would you? No you wouldnt so there are regulations and not all are bad. Some are needed. 

lol, thanks for proving my point. 
“common sense means when cold weather is coming you winterize your home” your words, not mine. 

You cut firewood, you store food, you maybe buy a generator. 

If you sit by and wait on public utilities propped up by the government then you are a fool. They coulda, woulda, shoulda, but they don’t, never have and never will. 
You wait on the government all you want, and cry and complain when they let you down, as for me as and mine, we’ll take care of ourselves. Good luck when the next catastrophe strikes, cuz rest assured it’s coming someday. I’d advise you and anyone to be ready. 

Just now, Old49er60 said:

And power plants winterize their plants because that is what they should do. That is what they should have done. Not everyone has a generator, not everyone has a fireplace, or a well. Fact is the did not do it because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ now our state govt is saying they should mandate it. Still waiting on one of you to say he is wrong. 

Here is a direct question, should power plants have winterized? Yes or no, no in between no run around just yes or no so everyone can see where you stand

Direct answer: i don’t care if they do or not because I WILL NOT put my families well being in the hands of a company and certainly not the government or a politician.

But apparently with the next piece of mandatory “winterization” legislature all will be well and nothing bad will ever happen to make the power go off again? 

Now a direct question for you: Which politician or government agency do you trust with your families lives? 

14 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So you do not drink water except your own? You built your own car or do you ride a horse? Have your own electrical grid?  I think it is great you grow your own food, never eat out. Heck you are just the great survivalist. No job, just you and your family against it all. 

Just stop. They failed and the failed because of money. They knew what they needed to do and didnt do it. They said in November they had looked at a number of scenarios and believed they could handle it. 

Dude, c’mon. You stop!
 Of course i enjoy most of those things you listed, but i do not have to have them to breathe tomorrow. 

I can see from that response that you care zero about actual truth. 
i concede, you are right! We’re all better off allowing others to save our backsides. No way should we have any personal responsibility for ourselves. Fingers crossed here that big daddy government can save us all, i know they can! 
Yes they failed! I’m agreeing with you on that, i just wouldn’t trust them regardless of what mandate you pass or how much money you throw at it. 

6 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Then let’s do something about it! It should not happen. There really should be no argument here. No issue with coal, natural gas, nuclear, wind, solar. All have a function. I do have an issue with companies not doing what they knew to do because of money. Started looking into the profits of these companies. They are not going broke. 

How much does it cost to winterize a plant?  Since you know so many things about this industry let us know.  

7 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Wonder if it would cost over 18 BILLION. I am betting not. I mean since lives mean nothing lets just look at the $$$$$$$$$$. Now what about those not insured? Oh who cares that is their fault. What about the cost for those who just pay out of pocket? Oh who cares they are adding to the economy. Sure they might not buy that new car but what difference does it make. 

You asked the cost so tell me would it have been 18 Billion? Heck according to the article I gave before had they just done it in the start it would have been very economical and less than the damage some of these places have seen. 

You just will not admit they screwed up. Your pride or trolling has made you post numerous things that are just farcical. Because if that you have continued without stopping to think for even a minute. Instead of just thinking through the right thing to do you have tried to make it a personal battle. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2021/02/18/this-years-winter-storm-could-become-the-costliest-weather-event-in-texas-history/

Per your article: 

“When you talk about underwriting, this kind of storm isn’t something that will likely be factored in,” she said. “This is such an unprecedented event and Texas has so many other tornadoes and storms that this type of thing probably won’t be a factor going forward.”

UNPRECEDENTED EVENT???

Did you even read your own article? 

32 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Yes I did. Did you read the cost of just doing it in the beginning or just the part you wanted? 
So great survivalist how was your own coffee you grew yourself? Did you create your own internet? 
Do you live in the ERCOT system simple yes or no

lol, man you’ve completely lost it. Oh great all knowing, show me where i said anything of the sort. To quote you: “I’ll wait”. 

Yes i live in the ERCOT system. 

Did you have daddy government come brew and pour your coffee this morning? (See how stupid you sound with that?)