The answer to power outages

Youngcoach123

2 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

You read it right? 

25k to 50K if you do it from the start. If you wait and retro 5 million to 9 million. They were told to do this in 2011. They could have done it with every well since then. They made a choice to save 25 to 50K and now they will have to pay 5 to 9 million. Seems like the smart choice was the first one.

They didn’t spend the 25k to 50k because the weather here didn’t justify it.  I bet they don’t spend the $5-9M either, until the state legislature gives them an incentive to do so.  

You read it right? 

25k to 50K if you do it from the start. If you wait and retro 5 million to 9 million. They were told to do this in 2011. They could have done it with every well since then. They made a choice to save 25 to 50K and now they will have to pay 5 to 9 million. Seems like the smart choice was the first one.

25-50k on well heads from the start of drilling. That’s not the power plants or complete energy sector. That’s drilling for natural gas. 
The writer strikes me as someone who has absolutely no understanding of energy production or business in general. Not worth the read.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

25-50k on well heads from the start of drilling. That’s not the power plants or complete energy sector. That’s drilling for natural gas. 
The writer strikes me as someone who has absolutely no understanding of energy production or business in general. Not worth the read.

I missed that.  He thinks wrapping the wellhead will winterize a power plant?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

You do not think it is trolling to argue against winterizing but then say they should do it only to come back and argue against it? 

That's called OPINION.......if you can't take differing opinions, maybe you should stay in your safe space, snowflake.....

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Quote the article please. 

This is what was said. They made the choice to save the 25 to 50K. Now it will cost 5 to 9million.

This whole conversation has gone on long enough. They should have done it. In my opinion they knew this could happen and made the choice to not do it. They knew this in 2011 and they have been told every year since then the need for it. You guys disagree and think there is no need. Good for you. 

Retrofitting existing natural gas wells would be extremely difficult and probably cost prohibitive, according to Parker Fawcett, a natural gas analyst for S&P Global Platts. But Fawcett said starting to build new wells in Texas with winterization technology is reasonable. It would cost around $20,000 to $50,000 more per well, compared to the current cost of $5 to 9 million in Texas, depending on where it’s drilled, Fawcett estimated.

In your first quoted post...., well heads

i thought you were talking about winterizing power plants

19 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Did you say do not trust any government agency? Yet you eat out? Buy groceries? You own a vehicle right? Trust it is safe? Or did you build your own. You went on the survivalist rant not me.

You are literally arguing that companies should not winterize even though experts have told them for a decade. When it was left up to the companies they made the choice to save money and now it will cost 10 times as much. Why is it so hard for people to just say they messed up? Why is it the need to defend them? 

I am done with the conversation because it is nothing but trolls. They should have winterized, a fact. 

lol, dude I’d walk away with my tail tucked also if i was pitching your case. 
Correct, do not trust the government with your life! 100% correct! 

I did nothing even close to a survivor rant. I merely stated that i don’t trust them with me families life. I do eat out, i own multiple vehicles, i do buy groceries. But i DO NOT need the government to tell me anything of those things are safe. I’ll judge that for myself. And if those things are cut off right this second my family will not die! 

What you did was spin my comment of not trusting the government with my families survival into i buy nothing and build my own everything. That’s you being an idiot, not me being a recluse! 

You’re still not getting it. whether they winterized or not is irrelevant. You trust them to do the right thing to provide you power, i do not. I’ll use it if they have it otherwise me and mine will still make it, even without power. Why is it so hard for you to see that trusting in ANY government agency is being a fool! 

Btw, who pays for those cost? Up front or the 10x number you spew? Who pays? So if the companies had upgraded so that no disaster could ever interrupt service, you’d be ok paying for that monthly? 

You are done with this conversation because you are dead wrong and won’t admit it! But hey buddy, you do you and keep trusting those Feds and businesses, I’m sure they’ll nail it next time! 

1 hour ago, Old49er60 said:

Parker Fawcett, a natural gas analyst for S&P Global Platts.

I am sure you guys know more than him. You should look him up. 

I looked him up. He’s a petroleum engineer with experience in drilling and managing production of wells. He doesn’t have the slightest clue about Power production. He is only commenting on the natural gas supply from the wells. Cause that’s all he knows. Winterizing natural gas wells would not have made the impact you think it would have. Since only about a third of our Energy production comes from natural gas turbines. And they never ran out of natural gas from what I’ve read. So I’m not sure if you even understand what you are arguing here about winterization. 

6 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I looked him up. He’s a petroleum engineer with experience in drilling and managing production of wells. He doesn’t have the slightest clue about Power production. He is only commenting on the natural gas supply from the wells. Cause that’s all he knows. Winterizing natural gas wells would not have made the impact you think it would have. Since only about a third of our Energy production comes from natural gas turbines. And they never ran out of natural gas from what I’ve read. So I’m not sure if you even understand what you are arguing here about winterization. 

Most wellhead has used in heating homes has been through Molecular Seive beds to extract the water entrained in the gas. This is necessary because the vast majority of the gas will be cryogenically processed to recover the E/P (Ethane & Propane) which are more valuable and are used for home heating, in the case of Propane; The Ethane is used in the making of various products such as plastics. The remainder is pretty much Methane, or more commonly referred to as “Residue gas”, which is what is primarily used to heat homes & businesses, therefore there is no water contained in it to freeze up power plants. If this water vapor we’re not removed in the dehydration process, then it would burst the piping in the cryogenic step of natural gas processing. Many catastrophic fires have resulted from hydrates ( ICE)in the process.

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Most wellhead has used in heating homes has been through Molecular Seive beds to extract the water entrained in the gas. This is necessary because the vast majority of the gas will be cryogenically processed to recover the E/P (Ethane & Propane) which are more valuable and are used for home heating, in the case of Propane; The Ethane is used in the making of various products such as plastics. The remainder is pretty much Methane, or more commonly referred to as “Residue gas”, which is what is primarily used to head homes & businesses, therefore there is no water contained in it to freeze up power plants. 

There was a shortage of gas due to pipelines freezing but it didn’t effect power suppliers. The feed them first and then anyone else they could. 

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

There was a shortage of gas due to pipelines freezing but it didn’t effect power suppliers. The feed them first and then anyone else they could. 

Many Ethylene Glycol Dehy Heaters remove water in many, but not all facilities where liquid water is separated to prevent these types of issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

He backs it up with articles and yall just can't stand it.... I enjoy yalls back and forth, some look mighty stupid when they post off feelings 

Having a liberal hack who writes an article in your favor doesn’t prove any point. Other than the echo chamber the person is stuck in. 

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Having a liberal hack who writes an article in your favor doesn’t prove any point. Other than the echo chamber the person is stuck in. 

Guess we'll see soon enough who's right... investigations and lawsuits coming