DeSantis Issues 9-Point Plan For Election Integrity…

Wild74

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So we see 600k don’t have them, but it doesn’t say why.  Lots of information missing.  If they don’t have it, get it.  

The three-judge federal panel unanimously ruled in August 2012 that Texas had failed to show the law wouldn’t harm minority voters. The panel said the burden of obtaining a state voter ID certificate would weigh disproportionately on minorities living in poverty, with many having to travel as much as 200 to 250 miles round trip.

“A law that forces poorer citizens to choose between their wages and their franchise unquestionably denies or abridges their right to vote,” wrote David S. Tatel, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

Did this get fixed? 

37 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

People do it all the time, more than you would think. 

When was the last time someone got a legit job without showing an ID? When was the last time someone opened a bank account without an ID? Some places won't even cash checks without seeing some form of ID.

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

When was the last time someone got a legit job without showing an ID? When was the last time someone opened a bank account without an ID? Some places won't even cash checks without seeing some form of ID.

You aren't talking about people with 'legit' jobs, as in on the books or and they don't deal in banks but cash. So, every day would be my guess. 

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You aren't talking about people with 'legit' jobs, as in on the books or and they don't deal in banks but cash. So, every day would be my guess. 

I'm talking about people who are Constitutionally eligible to vote.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/7-things-the-us-government-requires-ids-17503

And here's a number of other things you need ID for in the U.S.:

DMV – You are required to have some form of identification to obtain a driver’s license in most states.

Airports – Try boarding a commercial flight these days without a photo ID.

Hospitals – Most hospitals require some form of ID for any out-patient or in-patient procedure.  The last time I ended up at the emergency room, they were still asking me for my ID.

Pharmacy – We have to show our driver’s license just to purchase over-the-counter sinus medication like Co-Advil, let alone a prescription.

Blood Donation – Everyone I know that has donated blood has had to present their ID before being accepted.

Banks – Many banks require some form of ID to carry out any transaction except perhaps making a deposit.

Writing a Check – Most stores want a driver’s license or some other photo ID in order to cash a check or even pay for a purchase with a check.

Using Credit Cards – I have been in some stores that have asked to see a driver’s license or some other form of ID before they would accept my credit card.

Gun Shop – Right!  Try buying a gun or ammunition without a driver’s license or any other form of ID.

Social Security Office – They require ID to verify who you are before they will even entertain paying you any benefits.  To obtain SSI Disability requires ID plus a ton of documentation, yet many poor and minority people manage to obtain SSI Disability coverage.

Pawn Shop – Laws have tightened up so much on pawn shops to prevent them from purchasing stole property that pawn shops require a form of ID, preferably a photo.

Jail – Most cities, counties, and states require some form of ID before they book someone into jail.

Courts – Most courts require an ID in order for you conduct any form of business with them.

Unemployment – Most unemployment offices require an ID before paying benefits.

Public Schools – Many schools require any non-student to present an ID at the office before being allowed to visit the school for any reason.  I use to be a meter reader for an electric company and always had to go to the office first and show my ID before being allowed to OUR electric boxes.

Adoption Agency – It is almost impossible to adopt a child without an ID and a stack of other information.

Parole & Probation – Most people placed on parole or probation are required to have an ID when they check in with their court appointed handlers.

Auto Insurance – You are required to have an ID in order to obtain auto insurance.

Traffic Stop – In most states you are required to present your driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration if you are pulled for by a police officer.

Passport – You have to produce an original birth certificate and photo in order to obtain a U.S. passport.  (Makes you wonder how Barack Obama obtained a valid passport.)

Post Office – I’ve had to show a photo ID to pick up packages at the Post Office.

Source:

https://www.wbfj.fm/fact-photo-id-required-almost-everything-life/

30 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I'm talking about people who are Constitutionally eligible to vote.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/7-things-the-us-government-requires-ids-17503

And here's a number of other things you need ID for in the U.S.:

DMV – You are required to have some form of identification to obtain a driver’s license in most states.

Airports – Try boarding a commercial flight these days without a photo ID.

Hospitals – Most hospitals require some form of ID for any out-patient or in-patient procedure.  The last time I ended up at the emergency room, they were still asking me for my ID.

Pharmacy – We have to show our driver’s license just to purchase over-the-counter sinus medication like Co-Advil, let alone a prescription.

Blood Donation – Everyone I know that has donated blood has had to present their ID before being accepted.

Banks – Many banks require some form of ID to carry out any transaction except perhaps making a deposit.

Writing a Check – Most stores want a driver’s license or some other photo ID in order to cash a check or even pay for a purchase with a check.

Using Credit Cards – I have been in some stores that have asked to see a driver’s license or some other form of ID before they would accept my credit card.

Gun Shop – Right!  Try buying a gun or ammunition without a driver’s license or any other form of ID.

Social Security Office – They require ID to verify who you are before they will even entertain paying you any benefits.  To obtain SSI Disability requires ID plus a ton of documentation, yet many poor and minority people manage to obtain SSI Disability coverage.

Pawn Shop – Laws have tightened up so much on pawn shops to prevent them from purchasing stole property that pawn shops require a form of ID, preferably a photo.

Jail – Most cities, counties, and states require some form of ID before they book someone into jail.

Courts – Most courts require an ID in order for you conduct any form of business with them.

Unemployment – Most unemployment offices require an ID before paying benefits.

Public Schools – Many schools require any non-student to present an ID at the office before being allowed to visit the school for any reason.  I use to be a meter reader for an electric company and always had to go to the office first and show my ID before being allowed to OUR electric boxes.

Adoption Agency – It is almost impossible to adopt a child without an ID and a stack of other information.

Parole & Probation – Most people placed on parole or probation are required to have an ID when they check in with their court appointed handlers.

Auto Insurance – You are required to have an ID in order to obtain auto insurance.

Traffic Stop – In most states you are required to present your driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration if you are pulled for by a police officer.

Passport – You have to produce an original birth certificate and photo in order to obtain a U.S. passport.  (Makes you wonder how Barack Obama obtained a valid passport.)

Post Office – I’ve had to show a photo ID to pick up packages at the Post Office.

Source:

https://www.wbfj.fm/fact-photo-id-required-almost-everything-life/

And? 

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And? 

The point being, there are numerous things one needs an ID for. The job I currently have, I had to have an ID to get it. I'm assuming you needed some form of ID to get your teaching job. My son is almost 16, and if he decides he wants a Summer job, we're going to have to make sure he has an ID, too. Most people have bank accounts. Guess what you need for one of those...that's right...an ID.

And others need IDs for these same things. That's my point.

6 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

The point being, there are numerous things one needs an ID for. The job I currently have, I had to have an ID to get it. I'm assuming you needed some form of ID to get your teaching job. My son is almost 16, and if he decides he wants a Summer job, we're going to have to make sure he has an ID, too. Most people have bank accounts. Guess what you need for one of those...that's right...an ID.

And others need IDs for these same things. That's my point.

And, yet, there are thousands upon thousands of people who are eligible voters who don't do any of those things. That is also the point. 

18 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And, yet, there are thousands upon thousands of people who are eligible voters who don't do any of those things. That is also the point. 

And I would imagine that a large numbers of those thousands upon thousands probably have some form of ID.

Why do you want to make it easy for people who are ineligible to vote to do so, Barry? I know how you're going to answer that question already. I'm going to see if I'm right.

But let me ask you this: Assume for a moment that there are no voter ID laws. How do you make sure that only legally eligible people vote, and that they only vote once? In a case like that, if my name isn't being written down or documented somewhere that I actually voted (or I lie about it), other than my honesty and integrity, what's to keep me from going to multiple polling places and casting ballots?

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The three-judge federal panel unanimously ruled in August 2012 that Texas had failed to show the law wouldn’t harm minority voters. The panel said the burden of obtaining a state voter ID certificate would weigh disproportionately on minorities living in poverty, with many having to travel as much as 200 to 250 miles round trip.

“A law that forces poorer citizens to choose between their wages and their franchise unquestionably denies or abridges their right to vote,” wrote David S. Tatel, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

Did this get fixed? 

200-250 miles round trip to their county seat?  Where do they live?

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Didn't you advise my 82 year old mother to just pack up and find another care facility, if hers didn't have heat? Are you really just systematically flippant about everything? 

No, I advised you to move her.  you can sit and wine about your condition or you can do something g about it.  Waiting on your liberal son to do it for you may not happen.  I’ll be damned if I let my mother stay in a facility that can’t take care of her