The Biden stimulus plan moved forward today; here are the biggest parts of it

DannyZuco

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

You do realize there are more registered voters who don't vote than vote for either party.... I have no problem with the R party, I could vote that way as long as DA ain't running 

Where do you get the information on registered voters that don’t vote?  Do you mean citizens?

On 2/23/2021 at 8:35 AM, DannyZuco said:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm--6.6 million open jobs out there. 

Pandemic-related unemployment benefit provisions: Three pandemic-related unemployment assistance programs — a $400-a-week federal add-on to benefit checks, extended federal benefits for those who have exhausted state benefits and a program for jobless benefits for gig-economy workers — would be extended. Price tag: $245.8 billion

Another terrible part of the stimulus package--people getting more money to sit at home. If you read the link posted above, there are 6.6 million jobs open in the United States, yet we are going to keep compensating them at the federal level? We should be cutting these payment off completely. 

States already give unemployment--the feds giving an extra $400 dollars is terrible idea. Texas alone, the average unemployment check is $330 dollars--add $400 to that and they are receiving $730 dollars--real math. That is $18.25 an hour--that is as much as @JETT pays his employees (I think it was close).  Why would anyone go back to work if they can make this much by filling out forms weekly-monthly-or whenever. I really want to know why we are paying people to stay at home, instead of working and getting the economy rolling again, without government controlling it all. 

Gee, can anyone talk about the subject that was started--Come on Jett--are you going to lose employees because the can make a much staying at home? Remember this extra money the next time you have to let someone go and they apply for unemployment. 

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Gee, can anyone talk about the subject that was started--Come on Jett--are you going to lose employees because the can make a much staying at home? Remember this extra money the next time you have to let someone go and they apply for unemployment. 

Wait til minimum wage goes up to $15/hr  and everybody else starts demanding raises.  He’ll have to give pay raises, even the part he’s skirting the IRS under the table

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Wait til minimum wage goes up to $15/hr  and everybody else starts demanding raises.  He’ll have to give pay raises, even the part he’s skirting the IRS under the table

As a company we paid almost $50k in last year, this year we will hit more loopholes and more write offs... do like everyone else

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JETT said:

As a company we paid almost $50k in last year, this year we will hit more loopholes and more write offs... do like everyone else

Gonna give your drivers a raise?

because everyone else is doing it and you weren’t, doesn’t mean it was wrong.  The tax laws are what they are and there for you to use.  If you weren’t, shame on you and you can’t fuss because somebody else did, even orange man

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Gonna give your drivers a raise?

because everyone else is doing it and you weren’t, doesn’t mean it was wrong.  The tax laws are what they are and there for you to use.  If you weren’t, shame on you and you can’t fuss because somebody else did, even orange man

Why wouldn't I give my guys a raise? Of course I will, the more we dish out better for us