Data shows wind-power failure was chief cause of massive Texas power shortage

RETIREDFAN1

3 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If this is a recurring problem, I say stick with solar as a better alternative; Fewer moving parts & faster recovery from the cold. Build large battery banks to ride out the darkness.👌

Much quieter, to boot..👌🤨

Dammit, that makes good sense, Carthandra! Not supposed to agree with you as a rule. 🤣

34 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Texas is a very, very, very big place with lots of empty space, last time I looked. 

26 minutes ago, JETT said:

Tons of land

Only problem with that is in order to make solar profitable over other uses for the land you have to offer up government subsidies. Running cattle, timber, whatever.... outperforms the cost of building and upkeep on a solar farm. 
Subsidies = unfair competition at a cost to the taxpayers. I think patience is a virtue in this. As rapidly as that technology is changing it’s only a matter of time before it’s more profitable for individuals to convert their land to solar farms. 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You really think has gone on in Texas????? 

"Data shows wind power failure was chief cause....". Now who's been pushing wind power?  Leftists or conservatives?  Even you should be able to answer this one honestly.