Alto Open

Slickarick

8 minutes ago, RedNation848990 said:

You heard wrong. 

How are gonna tell me I’m wrong when they are interviewing today.....from the looks of ur name and picture your probably groveton guy, I Know for a fact they are interviewing today.....so no matter what everyone is posting that’s the facts....

11 minutes ago, CodeBreaker said:

THIS i agree with. Its still supposed to be a free country. Do what you want. Only change i would make would be to interview the 1 and only and not waste anyone's time. But I'm witcha

From what I’m told no one’s time was wasted, all three interviews had extremely good interviews, and we would be in good shape with all three. Today we will see who got the job, and we will back who ever it is. I personally know 2 of the 3 coaches that interviewed and would have been good with either one. The decision was made after the interviews, people can think what they want, I know the committee probably had a favorite going in to the interviews, but they all had a shot. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, Slickarick said:

Why not look at the current staff or give more time at least after spring break then make a decision. Alto is Looking to Gamble with house money.. see if it pays off 

Slick, no one on the current staff applied. I think a few of them are heading east. With close to 80 applicants why wait until after spring break?....which at Alto is NEXT week. Like I said before no time to waste. Our boys deserve someone ASAP.  

Today the decision is made official at a noon board meeting and it is the guy’s program. Kids will be back from spring break on the 22nd and we’ll hit the ground running (and lifting! lol). I appreciate and applaud the committee for the way in which they conducted the process. They always have our Alto kids’ best interest at the heart of their decisions. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Slick, no one on the current staff applied. I think a few of them are heading east. With close to 80 applicants why wait until after spring break?....which at Alto is NEXT week. Like I said before no time to waste. Our boys deserve someone ASAP.  

Today the decision is made official at a noon board meeting and it is the guy’s program. Kids will be back from spring break on the 22nd and we’ll hit the ground running (and lifting! lol). I appreciate and applaud the committee for the way in which they conducted the process. They always have our Alto kids’ best interest at the heart of their decisions. 

I get it. They probably knew before hand the Rick was looking and put feelers out. Just was faster than the others is why i was questioning it.

It’s official!!

Lufkin defensive coordinator Lance Gamble has been named the AD and head football coach at Alto! We are EXCITED to welcome HOME an Alto Yellowjacket to lead our program. Coach Gamble came to Alto in 6th grade when his dad, Lucky, lead the program for 8 years. He graduated from AHS in 2000.

Coach Gamble came highly recommended by the best in the business and we could not be more pleased to have him as our leader. 

LET’S GOOOOOOO!!

🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1

1st off, wishing Meeks the most success possible in his new endeavors. He has a work ethic 2nd to none and we are DEFINITELY BETTER because he was here and we will forever be indebted to him for all he’s done. Love the guy. As for our new AD, Great hire. Personally spoke with 2 board members and both told me the same thing. This was a very tough call and the final 3 were lights out candidates. I personally know one of the other two and have NO doubt in my mind that he would’ve been ready to lead. I hope he gets a job and wins it all somewhere. But back to Lance, he’s the man now. We are excited for him to coach our kids. He knows the tradition here and has personally contributed to it. He wanted to be here and it worked out for him and us. How could you not be stoked about your kid playing for a guy that strapped up in the same attire that your kid will be putting on Friday nights and did it at a time when this program saw some of the most success it has ever seen. He’s got some work to do and after speaking with him briefly today, I can assure you, he’s ready to work!!! 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

1st off, wishing Meeks the most success possible in his new endeavors. He has a work ethic 2nd to none and we are DEFINITELY BETTER because he was here and we will forever be indebted to him for all he’s done. Love the guy. As for our new AD, Great hire. Personally spoke with 2 board members and both told me the same thing. This was a very tough call and the final 3 were lights out candidates. I personally know one of the other two and have NO doubt in my mind that he would’ve been ready to lead. I hope he gets a job and wins it all somewhere. But back to Lance, he’s the man now. We are excited for him to coach our kids. He knows the tradition here and has personally contributed to it. He wanted to be here and it worked out for him and us. How could you not be stoked about your kid playing for a guy that strapped up in the same attire that your kid will be putting on Friday nights and did it at a time when this program saw some of the most success it has ever seen. He’s got some work to do and after speaking with him briefly today, I can assure you, he’s ready to work!!! 

Well put!!....and wow. We are so blessed! Nothing better than seeing a hometown kid come back and give more to his community. We are in good hands. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bgamble said:

Know ALL of the facts before you comment, respectfully. I don’t have to hide my identity. I am the sister of the new Head Coach/Athletic Director. Alto should be ecstatic about hiring him because he is not only an amazing coach, but a GREAT Man/Role Model. I can assure you of this though about my family, we don’t like to do a lot of talking. We will show you in the results. 

Hi Brooke! We are so glad to have your brother back in Alto and look forward to seeing all of you! The time that your dad was here was very special and exciting, especially since I had a brother on his team all 4 years of high school. I assure you every one of those players would run through a brick wall for your dad and I know these kids (my son!) will do the same for your brother. 

We are looking forward to GAMBLE ERA Part 2! We know expectations will be high and would expect no less. 

• Like 3

So with all the negative in the past year or so maybe the stars are aligning and evthing is getting back to normal. A Gamble at Alto just makes sense. Nothing but the best wishes from me to you Jackets.....Just as long as you are not playing my team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unashamed said:

Congrats to Lance

And congrats to my Alto bros.

Tenaha vs Alto.  Let's make it happen again.   I miss getting beat by you guys.

🙌🙌 I like it greezy but we’ve taken a few from y’all, too! Always a good battle between the Tigers and the Jackets!

• Like 1