Alto Open

Slickarick

7 hours ago, itsallheart said:

Well Football might get better with time in Alto.  But you can kiss the other programs goodbye now.

I disagree.  When Coach Gamble was at Beckville as AD/HFC they finished as the 9th best overall athletic program in the state of Texas in 2A in the Lone Star Cup standings (2015-2016).  He was also a multi-sport athlete when at Alto HS under his father.  Those programs across the board were competitive with a state finalist in football (1995), boys and girls state championships in track (1996), a state finalist appearance in baseball (1997), a state championship in softball (1999), and a state finalist in softball (2000). (And that’s not to mention all the district championships and playoff appearances in these sports as well as basketball.) Coach Gamble knows the importance of a well-rounded program in his hometown and based on his past I believe he will strive to be competitive in all sports....which we in Alto expect.  In fact, the district is re-booting volleyball this fall in the middle school after an almost 30-year hiatus and Coach Gamble is heading that up with varsity volleyball in the very near future.  So again, I feel like we are in good hands across the board.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, itsallheart said:

Well Football might get better with time in Alto.  But you can kiss the other programs goodbye now.

I'm sure the coaches that coach the baseball, basketball and track kids would disagree with you. Please provide some context behind this ill-informed statement. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, itsallheart said:

It is sad to see that this post has continued to go on with all of the spiteful and negative comments that clearly aren’t true. You have nothing better to do than to disrespect a program? You are that intimidated? You are THAT bothered that Lance was able to grow and move on to bigger and better things? The proof is in the results, he has proven to be more than capable to run a successful program all around. I’m going to need some facts to back up these irrational comments, O wait you won’t be able to show any... 

To All of The Amazing Supporters of Lance, we appreciate it more than y’all know. Thank Y’all! 

Also...bashing and bringing down others isn’t going to make you or your team any better. If anything it will make us better. Now maybe you should learn how to be a good sport. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 8:08 AM, itsallheart said:

Reeallly? Lol. I see one certain program most of your content relates to in all of your past interaction on this site. You really have zero business even speaking on anything related to Alto anything. Lol. I laughed so hard that I’m not even gonna bother roasting your comment any further. Move along. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2021 at 10:07 AM, fiapoly said:

Looks like the Alto Basketball job is open.  Where did the coach go?  Any good candidates going to take this job? I know in the past Alto has put together some good basketball teams.

Coach Reagan is going to Center (I’m not sure if if he is coaching basketball).

We lost two seniors; missed the playoffs by one game. Got better as the season progressed. Excited about our new coliseum that is supposed to be ready by the end of December. It’s going to be a huge step up from our current gymnasium. Folks (visitors especially!!) will be happy to not all be sitting on the same side! 🙌🙌🙌

On 4/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, CDubya936 said:

Cleaning house

No one cleaned house. Coach Meeks took them all (pretty much) with him. Center is now Alto East. Haha

All the best to the Roughriders. We press on. Kids are working hard as always and we couldn’t be more excited for football season to get here! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Coach Reagan is going to Center (I’m not sure if if he is coaching basketball).

We lost two seniors; missed the playoffs by one game. Got better as the season progressed. Excited about our new coliseum that is supposed to be ready by the end of December. It’s going to be a huge step up from our current gymnasium. Folks (visitors especially!!) will be happy to not all be sitting on the same side! 🙌🙌🙌

I doubt he’ll be coaching hoops in Center. Unless guy in Center retired. 

• Like 2