$15/hr minimum wage

DB2point0

3 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yes

Then employees should be able to turn down unscheduled days.  There are certain work laws in place to keep businesses from abusing their employees.  I don’t believe anybody has said MW shouldn’t be raised. I’ve actually said the $10 mark would be sufficient.  

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Then employees should be able to turn down unscheduled days.  There are certain work laws in place to keep businesses from abusing their employees.  I don’t believe anybody has said MW shouldn’t be raised. I’ve actually said the $10 mark would be sufficient.  

If & when they Do push it up to $15/hr, you can bet they are going to want their cut in increased tax revenue; When it comes to Democrats, it’s All about the Benjamin$$$.🤨

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I believe there shouldn’t even be a minimum wage.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, gamewatcher63 said:

Why not $20? Why not $30? What’s the limit for a “living wage”? Let’s just have everybody make the same...then I can quit my job I have now where I’m subject to random drug and alcohol tests. 

Don't you know they have people in their party already calling for that. Like that Asian guy who ran on the democratic primary--wanted to give everyone a $1000 a month living stipend or whatever he called it. Who is going to pay for that--those that actually work and pay their taxes. Not the idiots that stay home and continue to receive the social benefits from the federal government. That's why there are over 6.5 million jobs available out there--because it is easier to stay home and collect social benefits than it is to actually works. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I believe there shouldn’t even be a minimum wage.

I believe there should be some work laws in place or else there’d be a huge need for unions again.  I don’t like unions and don’t like employees that hide behind unions.  Unions are the reason for $70,000 vehicles.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I believe there should be some work laws in place or else there’d be a huge need for unions again.  I don’t like unions and don’t like employees that hide behind unions.  Unions are the reason for $70,000 vehicles.

Yes, there was a time when unions did the right thing for the American worker. Like better hours, better wages, vacation days, sick days, ....but today, most, not all, but most are nothing but political hacks....trying to take more than they can ever get from business owners. The reason people get into business is because they want to be their own boss, build a good company and take care of their people--I honestly believe that @JETT does that with his employees, from listening to him and the way he talks about his business. Union can destroy businesses that need to be working. But nowadays, they charge an arm and a leg for union dues, at least that is the way it felt when I taught in Colorado, and all you get is a few benefits and possibly a lawyer when needed. No thanks, I would rather have more money so I can purchase my own benefits and lawyer if needed. Most lawyers would love to take on a school district, because they are loaded with taxpayer funds. 

15 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If & when they Do push it up to $15/hr, you can bet they are going to want their cut in increased tax revenue; When it comes to Democrats, it’s All about the Benjamin$$$.🤨

And the Democrats and the media are trying to paint the picture that anything under $15 per hour is "poverty wages". That's simply not true, according to how poverty is defined in the U.S.

52 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

And the Democrats and the media are trying to paint the picture that anything under $15 per hour is "poverty wages". That's simply not true, according to how poverty is defined in the U.S.

In my opinion, “working for “poverty wages” is the greatest incentive for people to go out & find better paying jobs with benefits like health insurance, retirement, 401k’s etc. Those incentives certainly were the reason I looked for better paying jobs until I found one that provided the level of security I wanted to support my family for the long term. If I could do it, so can anyone else who truly works toward that goal.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

In my opinion, “working for “poverty wages” is the greatest incentive for people to go out & find better paying jobs with benefits like health insurance, retirement, 401k’s etc. Those incentives certainly were the reason I looked for better paying jobs until I found one that provided the level of security I wanted to support my family for the long term. If I could do it, so can anyone else who truly works toward that goal.

Jobs like flipping burgers weren’t meant to be careers.  But too many are trying to for whatever reason.  In a few years when weed and other drugs are considered legal in the US people won’t have to settle for those kind of jobs.  They’ll be able to smoke weed and not worry about jobs that drug test 

58 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Jobs like flipping burgers weren’t meant to be careers.  But too many are trying to for whatever reason.  In a few years when weed and other drugs are considered legal in the US people won’t have to settle for those kind of jobs.  They’ll be able to smoke weed and not worry about jobs that drug test 

I don’t think some jobs like dangerous types where mental acuity & sharpness will allow stoners to work there due to the catastrophic events that could happen if a wrong move is made. I was subject to Random Drug testing for most of my career, & I have been tested dozens of times throughout the last couple of decades; Testing negatively, of course! 👌😋

40 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I don’t think some jobs like dangerous types where mental acuity & sharpness will allow stoners to work there due to the catastrophic events that could happen if a wrong move is made. I was subject to Random Drug testing for most of my career, & I have been tested dozens of times throughout the last couple of decades; Testing negatively, of course! 👌😋

If it’s legal I don’t believe companies will have any say so

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

3:39 of the best explanation for what needs to happen to minimum wage. Done away with

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

If smoking weed is no more illegal than smoking a cigarette, they’ll be getting high in the  smoking areas

That is why I don’t see it being legal in some instances; Alcohol is “legal”, but operating a vehicle while intoxicated isn’t.