Keene will start a football program.

BlahBlah

13 hours ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

Will be interesting. Do they still follow no sports after dark on Friday? Know they did 20 years ago. 

Street level view of athletic fields show lights..actually very nice lighting system so guessing that no longer the case.

11 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Their schedules show Friday games. 

https://www.keeneisd.org/home-2/athletics/

Having coached in a district with them, games are scheduled and played of Friday but it was only varsity and usually started early to be finished. Also look at the times of events scheduled on Friday. Also only Friday event in March is spring break track meet, willing to bet that is during the day. Maybe they have an influx of non 7th Day students and will be able to play on Friday in the fall. My guess would be they play on Saturday night though. 

38 minutes ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

Having coached in a district with them, games are scheduled and played of Friday but it was only varsity and usually started early to be finished. Also look at the times of events scheduled on Friday. Also only Friday event in March is spring break track meet, willing to bet that is during the day. Maybe they have an influx of non 7th Day students and will be able to play on Friday in the fall. My guess would be they play on Saturday night though. 

Isn't 7th day Sunday not Friday? Maybe I don't know what that is since I am southern Baptist 

43 minutes ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

Quick google question I guess they cant play on Saturdays either 

As a Seventh-day Adventist, Saturday is the sabbath for him, a day of worship, with no sports or social activities permitted between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday

They practice their Sabbath the day (Saturday) that the Jews celebrate.  They are against having the Sabbath on Sunday because the Romans moved the date and "perverted" religion.

They also typically don't travel a "Sabbath's day journey" from Friday night to Saturday night and some other things.

It's an interesting religion to look in to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeKlabBeers said:

So when do they drink beer? I mean since they can't on Friday night. Do the bars there close at sundown on Friday too?

Not much beer drinking in Keene unless you bring it with you. Mainly just Adventist University and the ISD in the town. 

15 hours ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

Keene is in a growth area.  They are getting more diverse, religious wise.  Paris Chisum Toll Way has made FT. Worth easily accessible.  

13 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Keene is in a growth area.  They are getting more diverse, religious wise.  Paris Chisum Toll Way has made FT. Worth easily accessible.  

Are you speaking of Chisholm Trail Parkway? I live in the DF Dub and have never heard of Paris Chisum Tollway. I have heard of Chisum outside of Paris.