Carthage basketball

longhorncrazy

I just asked this on the basketball playoff score thread, but this is probably the better place for it. Does any of my Carthage peeps know the furthest that Carthage has gone in basketball? As far as my time here, I don’t know of them making it this far more than maybe once or twice? I could be wrong though. 

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I just asked this on the basketball playoff score thread, but this is probably the better place for it. Does any of my Carthage peeps know the furthest that Carthage has gone in basketball? As far as my time here, I don’t know of them making it this far more than maybe once or twice? I could be wrong though. 

Didn’t they make the regional tournament last year or the year before last?

23 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Didn’t they make the regional tournament last year or the year before last?

May have in Region II.

They have not made Region III tourney the last several years. I have been to the last 10 or so Region III tourneys and don't recall them being there.

21 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Idk anything about Huffman Hargrave basketball but they have only lost 1 game all year and I think that says a lot! They will be a tough out

From reading the site down south, they have a very good guard in Harvey. I believe H-H has been ranked top 15 all year. Only loss to Hardin-Jefferson.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, longhorncrazy said:

From reading the site down south, they have a very good guard in Harvey. I believe H-H has been ranked top 15 all year. Only loss to Hardin-Jefferson.

Sounds like they should be the favorite heading into this one! That’s impressive to only drop one game 

6 hours ago, longhorncrazy said:

Should be worth the price of admission watching Hatten vs Harvey in this one.  After looking at HH’s roster and seeing a 6’7 Center and a 6’6 Power Forward I was expecting to see some work in the paint.  But after watching their video highlights they are Hossiers reincarnated.  They play solid fundamental basketball and probably shoot above 40% as a team from the 3 point line and above 90% from the free throw line.  Gonna take Carthage’s best game of the season to win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Should be worth the price of admission watching Hatten vs Harvey in this one.  After looking at HH’s roster and seeing a 6’7 Center and a 6’6 Power Forward I was expecting to see some work in the paint.  But after watching their video highlights they are Hossiers reincarnated.  They play solid fundamental basketball and probably shoot above 40% as a team from the 3 point line and above 90% from the free throw line.  Gonna take Carthage’s best game of the season to win.

Ouch! Carthage also doesn’t have that kind of height on the court. 

Haven’t seen HH play in a couple of years.  Then they had no height and no stars, but in one word, they were ‘methodical’.  They frustrated better teams with their play.  The HH team I saw exemplified team.  They moved a lot and it wasn’t sandlot ball but more of a choreographed action, like a football team on a pass play.  Seemed like all of them knew exactly where the other 4 where, all the time.  Hated to see them beating my g’sons team, but I had to admire them.

They just destroyed a good Lumberton team (who has a D1 player), that defeated Silsbee, who ordinarily rules the roost in SETX Basketball.

Winner of this game gets the winner of silsbee vs Connally .

I believe Carthage is starting to take that step in basketball and will get this win as long as they stay disciplined every second of this game if not they will get beat by HH.

Silsbee has looked like they have awakened and will probably beat The Cadets pretty good today.

good luck Carthage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Haven’t seen HH play in a couple of years.  Then they had no height and no stars, but in one word, they were ‘methodical’.  They frustrated better teams with their play.  The HH team I saw exemplified team.  They moved a lot and it wasn’t sandlot ball but more of a choreographed action, like a football team on a pass play.  Seemed like all of them knew exactly where the other 4 where, all the time.  Hated to see them beating my g’sons team, but I had to admire them.

They just destroyed a good Lumberton team (who has a D1 player), that defeated Silsbee, who ordinarily rules the roost in SETX Basketball.

Hence why I described them as a Hoosiers type team.