5th Year Seniors In Kentucky Athletics

Stoney

it just means more...SEC SEC SEC...oh wait

I could see it in many of these states where they haven't even gone back to school at all this year (2020-21), but in Texas we've essentially been in all year...my school we've not shut down a single day for COVID (we've had staff, departments, students, classes, etc out) but it's with the district losing so much money already due to students being on remote and not logging on (so not attending)...even when it was boiling hot & heavy, we weren't shutting down, just bring on the hefty brand body bags and refrigerated trucks.  

• LOL! 1

32 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

This is good for those seniors who missed everything I dont see anything wrong with this

So, next years seniors will be behind 2nd year seniors? They get an extra year? And the seniors after that?

Unfortunate but move on. High school shouldn't be the pinnacle of one's life.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

So, next years seniors will be behind 2nd year seniors? They get an extra year? And the seniors after that?

Unfortunate but move on. High school shouldn't be the pinnacle of one's life.

Unless your a bubble kid who needs to get seen by that D3 or D2 school your senior year and missed that chance. 

This is crazy 1st because thee ncaa is messed up because of players staying and with recruiting. gonna make it harder. yes it stinks because you missed a year. But its high school go walk on somewhere and earn it. This should have happened between this year and last year ( for spring sports only) not now.  

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

This is crazy 1st because thee ncaa is messed up because of players staying and with recruiting. gonna make it harder. yes it stinks because you missed a year. But its high school go walk on somewhere and earn it. This should have happened between this year and last year ( for spring sports only) not now.  

Ive seen kids not play varsity sports till senior year have a break out year and go play football at a college. Kentucky is doing the right thing

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

No just the one that missed not every year after or before just the 2020 kids.

why would you think this wouldn't then affect a big % of the athletes that were going to be actual SR's in 2022. now they will miss the attention they would have got...if they stay...the repetition ripples down. I have personally said that everything should have been a "gap year" nearly. if schools were in and kids were progressing properly then by all means move them along...if not then they go back to where they were when the pandemic started.

If I had a freshman daughter in kentucky i would think seriously about moving. I Graduated when i turned 19( 2nd in my class so not do to failing just staring late) and had some players turn 19 during the season. So they would would be 20 with a 14-15 year old freshman.. not kosher for me. 

21 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

why would you think this wouldn't then affect a big % of the athletes that were going to be actual SR's in 2022. now they will miss the attention they would have got...if they stay...the repetition ripples down. I have personally said that everything should have been a "gap year" nearly. if schools were in and kids were progressing properly then by all means move them along...if not then they go back to where they were when the pandemic started.

Best kids get to play will make it more competitive in practice no ripple effect 

2 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

The best get to play no ripple effect 

So unfair to one, but ok for others? 

Then just move on and unfair to last year, fair to everyone moving forward.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, Allheartnoquit said:

ve seen kids not play varsity sports till senior year have a break out year and go play football at a college. Kentucky is doing the right thing

So next year's seniors don't get their senior year to shine? More kids means that 2022 senior doesn't get their chance. Move on.

• 2 weeks later...