3A Region II Tournament

Eagleborn

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Those Dallas boys must have gone Cold. Was it a live by the 3, die by the 3?

It was more about Tatum and less about Dallas. Forcing 25 turnovers. Tatum shot awful in first half going 6 of 33. Turned it up in second. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Eagleborn

For us that have not got to see the Eagles play. Could you tell us about the players and what makes them so good. Height, seniors, and what they do that makes them so good. 

I ain't Eagleborn but I'm bored at work lol. 

Here's the tallest

Trey Fite 6'6, Jr

Markendrick Beall 6'5, Sr

Jayden Boyd 6'3, Jr(Guard)

Haden Crowley 6'3, Sr(Guard)

Tatum suits up 13 with legit depth. They sub 5 and 5 with 3 role players basically. First 5 run wide open offense and relentless press. Coach Carr subs the next 5, and they run wide open, the same thing.....all game, over and over. The other 3 basically fill roles if fatigue sets in or if foul trouble comes into play on any of the other 10 as well as fresh legs for defensive packages and situational ball. Hawkins is a quick and fierce defender off the bench. Top two names you'll see in the stat line would be Boyd and Malone but all contribute their fair share of points. 

Expect Tatum to be rowdy next year with a lot of studs coming back. Not as deep, but still extremely rowdy. Boyd, Fite, Malone, Bridges, Anthony, and about 3 or 4 more return. 

8 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Here's the tallest

Trey Fite 6'6, Jr

Tatum suits up 13 with legit depth. They sub 5 and 5 with 3 role players basically. First 5 run wide open offense and relentless press. Coach Carr subs the next 5, and they run wide open, the same thing.....all game, over and over. The other 3 basically fill roles if fatigue sets in or if foul trouble comes into play on any of the other 10 as well as fresh legs for defensive packages and situational ball. Hawkins is a quick and fierce defender off the bench. Top two names you'll see in the stat line would be Boyd and Malone but all contribute their fair share of points. 

Expect Tatum to be rowdy next year with a lot of studs coming back. Not as deep, but still extremely rowdy. Boyd, Fite, Malone, Bridges, Anthony, and about 3 or 4 more return. 

Thank you. 
sounds like a possible back to back champs. 

On 3/8/2021 at 11:02 PM, Eagle8 said:

Here's the tallest

Trey Fite 6'6, Jr

Our Coach Carr does his best to rotate players like this. We just don’t run a defense like Tatum. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Our Coach Carr does his best to rotate players like this. We just don’t run a defense like Tatum. 

Refs let the kids play in the Brock game. We frustrated them all night. Lots of turnovers. 

Just wanted to get on here and congratulate the Tatum Eagles basketball team for taking down Dallas Madison.  At Argyle we know how good this team is year in and year out.  We've played them in the playoffs for years when they were in 4A before they dropped down.  Some years we beat em, and some years they beat us......but ALWAYS they had a very very good basketball team and this season is no different.  Congrats to the Eagles on the big win and to East Texas for sending a team to the SC game in Boys Class 3A.  Good luck in SA.

• Like 1

On a personal note.....after about a month of therapy on my right shoulder rotator cuff, I have played 9 holes of golf two weeks ago and again last week.  Today I went out and played 18 holes for the first time in 2 yrs.  Played decent despite some high winds, but now I'm back home sipping on some Ameretto over ice straight up, LOL.  My shoulder kinda aches a little, but hey......I'm gettin' it stronger and I'm hitting that ball down the middle about 240 so far......not bad!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

On a personal note.....after about a month of therapy on my right shoulder rotator cuff, I have played 9 holes of golf two weeks ago and again last week.  Today I went out and played 18 holes for the first time in 2 yrs.  Played decent despite some high winds, but now I'm back home sipping on some Ameretto over ice straight up, LOL.  My shoulder kinda aches a little, but hey......I'm gettin' it stronger and I'm hitting that ball down the middle about 240 so far......not bad!!

I don't know if was the wind......but all day against the wind I was one club short even when I grabbed an extra club or two depending on the wind.  I think I need to keep playing at least once a week and I'll get back to form in another month.  It's been a looong time in this golf dryspell because of this shoulder injury.......for those that love golf you know what I mean.