What In The Wide World Of Sports Were They Thinking?

KirtFalcon

I have been ordering a #1 cheeseburger combo at Sonic for over 50 years ... Yesterday, I took a bite of mine and low and behold it was full of mayonnaise and ketchup ... I looked at the menu and there was a little round sticker at the top announcing "New ... mayonnaise and ketchup" .... all of their burgers now come standard with mayonnaise and ketchup ... I can't believe they did this ... ketchup on a cheeseburger????? .... yuck!!!! ....

A mustard cheeseburger is the gold standard .... What were they thinking with this very unpopular, I might add, change?

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have been ordering a #1 cheeseburger combo at Sonic for over 50 years ... Yesterday, I took a bite of mine and low and behold it was full of mayonnaise and ketchup ... I looked at the menu and there was a little round sticker at the top announcing "New ... mayonnaise and ketchup" .... all of their burgers now come standard with mayonnaise and ketchup ... I can't believe they did this ... ketchup on a cheeseburger????? .... yuck!!!! ....

A mustard cheeseburger is the gold standard .... What were they thinking with this very unpopular, I might add, change?

I've never ordered a #1 at Sonic.  When I have gone there it was always the #2 with mustard.  If I go to Burger King I always say a mustard whopper.  They can do whatever they want to with those nasty mayo burgers.  I actually don't mind ketchup on a McDonald's hamburger or cheeseburger, but they have mustard on them too.  

Normally I am 100% against ketchup on a burger, but it is acceptable at McDonalds. The only other place I will do it is Whataburger, but I am throwing down Spicy Ketchup instead...A grilled cheese dipped in spicy ketchup is delicious as well...

5 hours ago, topher805 said:

Normally I am 100% against ketchup on a burger, but it is acceptable at McDonalds. The only other place I will do it is Whataburger, but I am throwing down Spicy Ketchup instead...A grilled cheese dipped in spicy ketchup is delicious as well...

Try a grilled cheese with mustard with pickles on the side.  You'll thank me for the suggestion.  Today was the first time I tried In n Out Burger, I can deal with thousand island dressing, because I like a Big Mac about once a quarter.  I will buy their burger over a Big Mac, because it's half the price.  What I didn't understand was why there weren't any pickles on it.  I rank them 6th with burgers I've eaten.  I don't know why they get so much hoopla.