Dak Prescott’s New Contract

4 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

2020- before he was hurt, he was leading the league in passing yards.

2019- he was the 8th ranked passer. His WRs also led the league with 36 dropped passes.

2019 stats: 388 of 596 (65.1%) for 4,902 yards (8.2 yards per attempt), 30 TDs and 11 INTs; 71.2 QBR; 52 carries for 277 yards and three TDs

In regard to Jerry, he overpaid Jaylon Smith and Zeke. Our OL was trash last year without Collins or Tyron Smith. There are definitely holes on the defense. However, as previously mentioned by the Cowboys signing Dak now, they have over 25 Mil in cap space. They should keyword should be able to fix some of the problems on defense with free agents and the draft. I'm not here to tell you that Jerry is a great GM, but Dak is a franchise QB.

We will just have to disagree on that one ... like Romo, Prescott does amass a lot of total statistics ... but statistics don't win championships  ....  he's about two biscuits from turning into Nate Newton ... if he doesn't come back from his injury, Jerruh could easily put a few more pounds on him and make him an offensive guard ...

I just don't see signing him to that kind of contract .... I predict Jurruh will regret it before this plays out  ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

2020- before he was hurt, he was leading the league in passing yards.

2019- he was the 8th ranked passer. His WRs also led the league with 36 dropped passes.

2019 stats: 388 of 596 (65.1%) for 4,902 yards (8.2 yards per attempt), 30 TDs and 11 INTs; 71.2 QBR; 52 carries for 277 yards and three TDs

In regard to Jerry, he overpaid Jaylon Smith and Zeke. Our OL was trash last year without Collins or Tyron Smith. There are definitely holes on the defense. However, as previously mentioned by the Cowboys signing Dak now, they have over 25 Mil in cap space. They should keyword should be able to fix some of the problems on defense with free agents and the draft. I'm not here to tell you that Jerry is a great GM, but Dak is a franchise QB.

We will just have to disagree on that one ... like Romo, Prescott does amass a lot of total statistics ... but statistics don't win championships  ....  he's about two biscuits from turning into Nate Newton ... if he doesn't come back from his injury, Jerruh could easily put a few more pounds on him and make him an offensive guard ...

I just don't see signing him to that kind of contract .... I predict Jurruh will regret it before this plays out  ....

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Taysom isn't even worth $15 million a season.  I realize he's multidimensional, but he won't be able to fill Brees' shoes.  I guess New Orleans has some money since Brees retired today.   I'd use him as a gimmick player only.    

• Like 1