Les Miles Out At Kansas

Stoney

49 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Selfishly, I want them to go outside the box and go with the guy from Army. 

Run the triple option.

Monken to Kansas. Let’s manifest this into existence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Run the triple option.

That wouldn't be a bad idea for them. I've thought its long past time Vandy does the same as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Run the triple option.

honestly, Les recruited some decent players there.  They should maximize that talent in a system that almost guarantees positive yardage.

• Like 1

Let me get this right.  The allegations were made in 2013.  An investigation was conducted by LSU, and evidently they found no wrong doing.  He continued to coach at LSU until a 2-2 record in 2016.  No criminal charges and no personal lawsuits were filed against him by any of the alleged harassed women.  Miles signs with Kansas he goes 3-9 and then 0-9 last year.  I think they fired him for his record, and not just the supposed sexual harassment charges.  I don't know what his contract buyout was, but he should receive all of it.  I can also see him suing LSU for releasing the report.  If this information was so important it should have been released in 2013.  LSU could have fired him then, because it had been 6 years since his only National Championship or in 2014 when he went 8-5.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

2D8C91C1-5D44-40C1-8458-0C01B4A68ABC.png

So there was a recommendation to terminate his employment, but they didn't follow through.  I have yet to hear of a single instance of sexual harassment at Kansas, and I think this was just an excuse for them to get rid of him.  Miles has enough to retire on, and I think he should.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Let me get this right.  The allegations were made in 2013.  An investigation was conducted by LSU, and evidently they found no wrong doing.  He continued to coach at LSU until a 2-2 record in 2016.  No criminal charges and no personal lawsuits were filed against him by any of the alleged harassed women.  Miles signs with Kansas he goes 3-9 and then 0-9 last year.  I think they fired him for his record, and not just the supposed sexual harassment charges.  I don't know what his contract buyout was, but he should receive all of it.  I can also see him suing LSU for releasing the report.  If this information was so important it should have been released in 2013.  LSU could have fired him then, because it had been 6 years since his only National Championship or in 2014 when he went 8-5.   

no, they did find fire...their response was "well, since anytime there was a CRIME done ("hooking up" with an 18-19 yr old athletic intern staffer, etc or things that would have made Briles @ Baylor look like NOTHING literally)...Les did the crime one on one".

the suggestion from the LSU AD was lets get rid of him...but it was declined until he was losing and the sexual stuff came up AGAIN. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

no, they did find fire...their response was "well, since anytime there was a CRIME done ("hooking up" with an 18-19 yr old athletic intern staffer, etc or things that would have made Briles @ Baylor look like NOTHING literally)...Les did the crime one on one".

the suggestion from the LSU AD was lets get rid of him...but it was declined until he was losing and the sexual stuff came up AGAIN. 

These concerns and investigation was complete air silence until a week ago.  Everyone at LSU thought Les got fired for losing, not for anything else.  Kansas even said in a report that they “vetted” Les meaning LSU did not fire him for any wrongdoing.  This is a smear campaign to justify firing a popular coach

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The hypocrisy in Sports knows no bounds...

Bill Self - Safe because he wins

Les Miles - Fired because of things that happened eight years ago at a different school + Losing

I fixed it for you. 

The Self/Miles thing isn’t really he same though. 

Self isn’t in trouble for sexual harassment. He is in trouble for doing what every basketball program in the nation does.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

These concerns and investigation was complete air silence until a week ago.  Everyone at LSU thought Les got fired for losing, not for anything else.  Kansas even said in a report that they “vetted” Les meaning LSU did not fire him for any wrongdoing.  This is a smear campaign to justify firing a popular coach

this is bad...what got this news service sniffing onto this to put in a freedom of information act on it w/ LSU etc? there were a ton of folks involved...you would have to think there would have to think a ton of palms had to get greased to hush this up and shut it down. then when it all broke loose at Baylor, you'd think it would have totally "hit the fan" because this stuff was nastier than Waco...because Miles actually ran it (he did the intimidating of sexual assault victims) personally, said "do this" (hey, we need to only hire young, blonde, big breasted girls in athletics), or actually took part himself (having those young girls in his car alone doing stuff against their will, etc).

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I fixed it for you. 

The Self/Miles thing isn’t really he same though. 

Self isn’t in trouble for sexual harassment. He is in trouble for doing what every basketball program in the nation does.

I guess, but Self keeps skating on every charge like Roy Williams at UNC. Just frustrating...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

this is bad...what got this news service sniffing onto this to put in a freedom of information act on it w/ LSU etc? there were a ton of folks involved...you would have to think there would have to think a ton of palms had to get greased to hush this up and shut it down. then when it all broke loose at Baylor, you'd think it would have totally "hit the fan" because this stuff was nastier than Waco...because Miles actually ran it (he did the intimidating of sexual assault victims) personally, said "do this" (hey, we need to only hire young, blonde, big breasted girls in athletics), or actually took part himself (having those young girls in his car alone doing stuff against their will, etc).

How was it nastier than what happened at Baylor.  The only thing Miles did was kissed one of the girls in his condo.  That's it.  The article I read didn't say where he kissed her.  I'm guessing it was on the lips and not the cheek, forehead, or top of the head as Joe Biden likes to do.  The only sanction Miles was given was not not be alone with any of the female students.  Your acting like he raped many of them.  Not anywhere did I read that he told them to have sex with recruits as Alabama and Auburn have done in the past.  If you can provide that article I would love to read it.  

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

How was it nastier than what happened at Baylor.  The only thing Miles did was kissed one of the girls in his condo.  That's it.  The article I read didn't say where he kissed her.  I'm guessing it was on the lips and not the cheek, forehead, or top of the head as Joe Biden likes to do.  The only sanction Miles was given was not not be alone with any of the female students.  Your acting like he raped many of them.  Not anywhere did I read that he told them to have sex with recruits as Alabama and Auburn have done in the past.  If you can provide that article I would love to read it.  

I read part of the report from the legal group that put together the 130-something page report...it also said there was an incident with a young lady in his car (where he gave her a ride home and then tried to kiss her and force himself on her)...I believe they acted like he was getting by with things because even though AD Joe A and the legal team wanted to fire him, it came back "well there was nobody there but the coach and the young lady, so her word against his"...so he was just putting the university in a bad position, but it wasn't illegal.