Detroit Head Boys Basketball job open?

903GUY91

On 4/16/2021 at 11:52 AM, RW2008 said:

I have driven through Detroit a few times on my way to Paris. If you blink you miss it. I heard they made a hire just have not heard a name. I am a believer that anywhere can be competitive in sports with the right coaching. Seen it many times. If the coach will come in and set set the culture and standards then they can be successful. Culture wins more games than talent. Then winning brings talent. 

Paris kids aint coming to Detroit and neither is Clarksville kids! Never have and never will

On 5/1/2021 at 9:56 PM, SilverCrush8 said:

Hard to win without Jimmy and Joes! also hard to win when you're dealing with football coach and weak ad

So you're blaming the athletes and other coaches for you not winning. Good luck elsewhere. 

On 5/1/2021 at 9:53 PM, SilverCrush8 said:

He was in the same district with Clarksville,Rivercrest and McLeod. How are you supposed to get ready for those teams if you schedule weak teams in the pre-district  

and Linden-Kildare

I really like the young coach that was there, but looking at the schedule there weren't any close losses either. He could be a good assistant and a good coach if he could work under a veteran coach to give him some advise. On his defense the Little Motor City didn't have a whole lot of basketball tallent this year. 

On 5/1/2021 at 10:01 PM, SilverCrush8 said:

Paris kids aint coming to Detroit and neither is Clarksville kids! Never have and never will

But they might. That is something that nobody knows. If one program can get on track and win consistently, and with the right leader, talent will come. As I said though, culture wins more games than talent. If there is no culture/negative culture, then the program will not succeed. I do agree with you though that to prepare for any district you must have a tough non-district. Kids have to learn to compete with that to win. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, RW2008 said:

But they might. That is something that nobody knows. If one program can get on track and win consistently, and with the right leader, talent will come. As I said though, culture wins more games than talent. If there is no culture/negative culture, then the program will not succeed. I do agree with you though that to prepare for any district you must have a tough non-district. Kids have to learn to compete with that to win. 

Naw they ain’t lol