$1400 is Plenty...

CarthDawg77

5 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Thank goodness I'm working my rear end off to pay my house off in the next 2 or 3 years.

Good plan. I don't think I could handle a house payment now. Seems like after we paid ours off a few years ago everything went up except salaries. You just never know what the future has in store for finances.

3 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Good plan. I don't think I could handle a house payment now. Seems like after we paid ours off a few years ago everything went up except salaries. You just never know what the future has in store for finances.

If I do it right, and nothing unforeseen comes up, I think I can pay it off in April of 2023.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Better save that $1400. Gonna need it in a year or two to pay on your income taxes....just a thought.

Or for gasoline.  It will double within a year.  We'll be back to obama years abnormal "new normal."

58 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Or for gasoline.  It will double within a year.  We'll be back to obama years abnormal "new normal."

Isn't that what they told us for a while? Get used to $3 to $5 per gallon gas? How much of the price of gasoline is taxes, anyway? In Texas, it's 20 cents per gallon, plus a federal tax of 18.4 cents. So nearly 40 cents per gallon. Think about that. You buy 10 gallons of gas, at $2.50 per gallon, your taxes would be 16% of your fuel bill. More if you pay less per gallon.

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

No joke. I think it was up to 2.48 at Sam's today and got down to 1.59 a few months ago, and we're only a couple months into this mess.