The OFFICIAL 2021 Houston Astros Thread

Wild74

35 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Watching a little of the A's game and the best seats in the house right behind home plate has those cardboard fans only setting there...lol and people wearing mask with nobody even close to them

Welcome to the People's Republic of Kalifornia  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I take you like Reggie, last time I seen him he was buying cars at the Mecum Car Auction

Reggie was my favorite baseball player growing up.  I've seen his entire car collection on facebook.  Some say he can be a jerk, and he can to people he doesn't like.  Overall, he's a nice guy until you get on his bad side.  

For what it is worth I told my wife that putting in Abreu is a mistake unless you have a 4 run lead, he can't throw strikes in the clutch and when he does it is a big fat fastball right down the middle with no movement, if he isn't getting his slider over he is in trouble. Better part of valor would to have left Pressly in. Hindsight is what it is...lol  

Pressley throws 9 pitches and he takes him out.  The game was over at that point. 

The bullpen is awful, but there was NO sane reason behind taking Pressley out. Dusty can ramble all he wants about how many times he has thrown. Pressley is the least used arm in the pen

• Like 1

I can take wins.  I can take losses.   

I have always liked Dusty Baker. But the world has passed him by.  I questioned a lot of Hinch's bullpen moves (like all fans do)......but his decisions are mind boggling. And his post game comments just make me want to quit watching.  He always talks about why we lost this game was because I was worried about the next 2 or 3.  I've got some breaking news for you Dusty. The game today counts the same as tomorrow's.  I still can't get over him taking out Pressley the other night after 9 pitches because he was worried about the next 3 games. Problem was he had not thrown in 2 days and the next day was a day off.  WTH are you talking about ?????  You just gave a game away because your closer had thrown 9 pitches in 4 days?  

Watching the 9th inning get away from the Astros as the first baseman Jones can't catch I high popup, totally misjudged it and the next pitch a 3 run homer with a hot dog rounding the bases is not fun to watch. Baker was you resting Yuli today and how do you feel about that rest that he got right now. 

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Watching the 9th inning get away from the Astros as the first baseman Jones can't catch I high popup, totally misjudged it and the next pitch a 3 run homer 

That was the game.  He misjudged a popup by 4 feet. And to top it off he hit into 2 double plays.