UIL 4A Boys Basketball State Final: Argyle(30-1) vs Huffman Hargrave(31-1) @ 2 PM Sat. on NFHS

regaleagle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HH makes one from the line and steals the ball from Argyle.  Out of bounds.......ball in and knocked out by Argyle again.  Hargrave gets one more look and it's over.  

Argyle wins 49-30 for their 2nd SC in school history in Boys Basketball.  Good showing and good season for Huffman Hargrave this season as they surprised so many teams on their way to this championship season.  They end at 31-2 and Argyle ends at 31-1.  Good stuff for both teams.

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

HH makes one from the line and steals the ball from Argyle.  Out of bounds.......ball in and knocked out by Argyle again.  Hargrave gets one more look and it's over.  

Argyle wins 49-30 for their 2nd SC in school history in Boys Basketball.  Good showing and good season for Huffman Hargrave this season as they surprised so many teams on their way to this championship season.  They end at 31-2 and Argyle ends at 31-1.  Good stuff for both teams.

Congrats to Argyle on the state championship, is it possible for a clean sweep in all three big sports.  
what a program from to to bottom. 

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

Congrats to Argyle on the state championship, is it possible for a clean sweep in all three big sports.  
what a program from to to bottom. 

I don't look for this season's baseball team to defend.......they lost some good players to graduation the past two seasons.  Look for Pleasant Grove to be there this season in the Final Four.......I doubt that Argyle will make it.  Maybe they will, but it would be surprising.  

Just for the record......since last season the basketball playoffs were kabashed at the last minute.  Argyle was 33-4 last season and 31-1 this season......both times the #1 Seed.  That's a stellar record and performance by the Argyle Boys Basketball program these past two seasons for a 64-5 record.  Argyle's basketball program is always a winner......always with only a few losses each season.  It's just tough to make it to the finals because of teams like FWYMLA and Faith Family, and some others.  

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Just for the record......since last season the basketball playoffs were kabashed at the last minute.  Argyle was 33-4 last season and 31-1 this season......both times the #1 Seed.  That's a stellar record and performance by the Argyle Boys Basketball program these past two seasons for a 64-5 record.  Argyle's basketball program is always a winner......always with only a few losses each season.  It's just tough to make it to the finals because of teams like FWYMLA and Faith Family, and some others.  

Decatur had a very good team this season and played Argyle very close both times.......they were very very good.

The Argyle Eagles Marching Band also won the SC title again this season in Class 4A......I don't know how many titles they have now.......quite a few.  Looks like Argyle is positioned to win another Lone Star Cup again this school year. They've won 10 in 16 seasons as a school.......last year none were awarded and Argyle was leading again until Covid shut everything down.  This is Argyle's 18th season.  The Trophy Cases for just State Titles are amazing at Argyle High School.......I have no idea how many SC titles they own in all the different UIL activities as a school.  And that doesn't even count all the individual SC titles in those types of activities.......just the team and school titles.

I'm sure once the disappointment wears off for the Huffman Hargrave Falcons faithful, they all will realize just how special this year was for their school in basketball.  It's a huge accomplishment to do what their team did this season.......Hats off to the Falcons for a great, great season.

Argyle will go up next or the following realignment if all stays as it is growth wise.  Next realignment was going to put us in 5a depending on the cutoffs but 2020 could change that.  Argyle is growing fast.  On a small scale it is like the growth you have seen in N Lgw and S Tyler over the last 30 years only on steroids. These northern metro border areas are growing fast  Not that long ago frisco looked like argyle and is now home to DC and PGA.

As for me i like the small rural town but I know the roads that lead in and out of town!!

Baseball will be ok.  The team is losing some but that happens a lot in that sport most years.  Hard to judge today’s team against one that went 80-1-1 and won a national championship.  Once they get to plying 4a teams and not playing tourney ball the team will be better.  They have 2 freshmen starters and those have growing pains.  Pleasant grove is loaded and should be challenging if it comes to that but Argyle will be ok.

Eh they do have all three trophies today though!!

17 hours ago, bradthebad said:

Argyle will go up next or the following realignment if all stays as it is growth wise.  Next realignment was going to put us in 5a depending on the cutoffs but 2020 could change that.  Argyle is growing fast.  On a small scale it is like the growth you have seen in N Lgw and S Tyler over the last 30 years only on steroids. These northern metro border areas are growing fast  Not that long ago frisco looked like argyle and is now home to DC and PGA.

As for me i like the small rural town but I know the roads that lead in and out of town!!

Baseball will be ok.  The team is losing some but that happens a lot in that sport most years.  Hard to judge today’s team against one that went 80-1-1 and won a national championship.  Once they get to plying 4a teams and not playing tourney ball the team will be better.  They have 2 freshmen starters and those have growing pains.  Pleasant grove is loaded and should be challenging if it comes to that but Argyle will be ok.

Eh they do have all three trophies today though!!

I live in Aledo.  We are seeing the same thing.

It will be very interesting to see how Argyle competes at the Class 5A D2 level in all the UIL sanctioned activities next realignment if they do move up.  They may struggle in some of the areas at first, but I think we will see them become very competitive in many of the sports and some other categories.  Naturally they will be at the bottom of the classification enrollment-wise, but that has never made much of a difference before.  They seem to be able to compete with the larger classifications in most sports right now and in past seasons as well.

Just now, regaleagle said:

It will be very interesting to see how Argyle competes at the Class 5A D2 level in all the UIL sanctioned activities next realignment if they do move up.  They may struggle in some of the areas at first, but I think we will see them become very competitive in many of the sports and some other categories.  Naturally they will be at the bottom of the classification enrollment-wise, but that has never made much of a difference before.  They seem to be able to compete with the larger classifications in most sports right now and in past seasons as well. 

BUT........they may just slide by and stay in 4A one more time in this next realignment.......just depends on the UIL numbers from top to bottom.

What it all comes down to is either your school has a developed program in certain areas of UIL competition or it doesn't and needs to improve in those areas. More students to choose from does help, but participation rates count as a big deal also.   Argyle's participation rates in ALL UIL sanctioned activities is off the charts!  Then the program takes over from there and the students become very competitive.  In most events only so many students can compete at one time anyways......whether sports teams, individual sports events, or other UIL events. All it takes is your very best to compete for titles.

A quality program begins with outstanding teachers, coaching staffs and community support. That gets the participation rates higher, and then the programs can function and improve from there at a higher level as the competition within raises the level for everyone involved in all facets of the equation.......including and ESPECIALLY>>>support of the parents and the community at large.