Argyle

Sportsfanatic1

On 4/11/2021 at 7:17 AM, mikehoncho said:

I think if Liberty Hill can move up and compete, Argyle can do something similar 

Argyle will do very well in 5a D2. Deep playoff runs and contending for state titles. Not much different than what they are currently doing. Only the elite schools will give them problems. Not sure they are ready to beat Aledo right now, but as the school keeps growing they will have more talent to build with. They are a top 5 team in that class right now, maybe top 3. Aledo, FB Marshall, Ennis, Huntsville, Lovejoy? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Argyle will do very well in 5a D2. Deep playoff runs and contending for state titles. Not much different than what they are currently doing. Only the elite schools will give them problems. Not sure they are ready to beat Aledo right now, but as the school keeps growing they will have more talent to build with. They are a top 5 team in that class right now, maybe top 3. Aledo, FB Marshall, Ennis, Huntsville, Lovejoy? 

Top 5...?  Wow. But they can always up their level of recruiting. So yeah you may be right.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

I wouldn't venture to say top five. There are a lot of really good fb programs in that classification. I think they're solid in that classification but lets not roll out the red carpet. I they could be top 10. But who knows. Football is a crazy game.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Aledo will be 5A D1 next alignment anyways. 

• 1 month later...

Once Argyle does move up to 5A.......they will most probably stay in Division II for a looong time.  They just don't have the real estate to expand their school district.  Flower Mound and Denton ISD owns most of it around them.  Also Northwest ISD.  Look at how Prosper has ballooned with all of that real estate in their school district.  Celina has alot of area to grow also......eventually.  Melissa and Anna are in the same boat......maybe Melissa has more territory, I don't know.  But out of the group.......Argyle has the least of anybody.  Their growth will subside in the not too distant future.  Argyle is getting close to maxxing out in real estate right now.  The subdivisions have already been under construction for a few years and are nearing completion.......at least 2/3 done already.  I'd say that's about it for Argyle as far as expansion goes......real estate-wise.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, regaleagle said:

Once Argyle does move up to 5A.......they will most probably stay in Division II for a looong time.  They just don't have the real estate to expand their school district.  Flower Mound and Denton ISD owns most of it around them.  Also Northwest ISD.  Look at how Prosper has ballooned with all of that real estate in their school district.  Celina has alot of area to grow also......eventually.  Melissa and Anna are in the same boat......maybe Melissa has more territory, I don't know.  But out of the group.......Argyle has the least of anybody.  Their growth will subside in the not too distant future.  Argyle is getting close to maxxing out in real estate right now.  The subdivisions have already been under construction for a few years and are nearing completion.......at least 2/3 done already.  I'd say that's about it for Argyle as far as expansion goes......real estate-wise.

I've got some former classmates/college buddies who absolutely love it in Argyle. Say it's got the right "culture" for them.  👀

• 4 weeks later...

Carthage has had some pretty impressive state champions in academics but those records are lost and forgotten.  What few that were listed on the school marquee were removed to make room for the football program.  Carthage's recognition of academic success is dismal compared to other schools.  I'm basing on years past but I doubt it has changed.  

On 5/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, regaleagle said:

Edited by CrankyOldMan

On 5/17/2021 at 7:43 AM, LOL said:

I've got some former classmates/college buddies who absolutely love it in Argyle. Say it's got the right "culture" for them.  👀

Lots of beautiful ladies out there for sure; everyone of them smells like raspberry stew

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

Lots of beautiful ladies out there for sure; everyone of them smells like raspberry stew

I'm totally stealing this line, and not giving you any credit for it. 

Looks like the final tally is gonna be Argyle again for their 9th Lone Star Cup in a row.......the UIL didn't award any last year.  Argyle has a 17.5 point lead over #2 Canyon in this latest update #4 since May 26th........but there are still a few categories left to tally like baseball and whatever else.  Since Argyle went deeper this season in baseball all the way to the regional final over the closest 5 other schools in the competition.......looks like they will easily win the Lone Star Cup again in Class 4A. The currrent standings can be seen at the UIL Lone Star Cup Standings 2021.

Argyle did win the Lone Star Cup 2 other years previous to this run......but not in a row.  So now they will have 11 total in 17 yrs of valid competition. Argyle has been a school for 18 seasons this year.......but last year was not counted in the UIL Lone Star Cup competition.

That’s an impressive feat by Argyle.

I do tend to have some of the same feeling as @ctown81 on this subject. Yes, it is an admirable accomplishment by Argyle to have won the Lone Star Cup so many times, however, the second ranked school in the standing this year is Canyon.
I have no idea what Canyon is good at other than they’ve been pretty good in football the last five seasons. 
Of course I want Carthage to dominate in all sports, but football is the most important followed by baseball.

For as quality (historically) a baseball program Carthage has had you don’t see thousands of Carthage supporters even at the state tournament and as a whole, Carthage loves baseball. 

This is Texas and football is king.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s an impressive feat by Argyle.

I do tend to have some of the same feeling as @ctown81 on this subject. Yes, it is an admirable accomplishment by Argyle to have won the Lone Star Cup so many times, however, the second ranked school in the standing this year is Canyon.
I have no idea what Canyon is good at other than they’ve been pretty good in football the last five seasons. 
Of course I want Carthage to dominate in all sports, but football is the most important followed by baseball.

For as quality (historically) a baseball program Carthage has had you don’t see thousands of Carthage supporters even at the state tournament and as a whole, Carthage loves baseball. 

This is Texas and football is king.

If Carthage wins state in basketball or baseball, we're happy but football is is the one that is coveted the most. My brother was a starter on the 1990 state baseball team who in my opinion is one of the best ever in Texas. ALL 9 starters played D-1 baseball. With that being said, maybe 50-60 fans made their way there. The following year the Astrodome housed the whole town of Carthage when we played A&M Consolidated for state.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If Carthage wins state in basketball or baseball, we're happy but football is is the one that is coveted the most. My brother was a starter on the 1990 state baseball team who in my opinion is one of the best ever in Texas. ALL 9 starters played D-1 baseball. With that being said, maybe 50-60 fans made their way there. The following year the Astrodome housed the whole town of Carthage when we played A&M Consolidated for state.

My family was there for sure; that was a long quiet trip home.🙁

13 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Sorry......I will have to disagree with this statement.  Argyle won two back-to-back National Titles and all of their players went on to play at the collegiate level too........and each year there are at least 3 or 4 signed depending on the number of seniors playing.  This year only 3 seniors.......last year I think 4 were signed even with a Covid-short season because of the previous years of play.  3 years ago every starter was awarded a D-1 when they capped that 77-1 record.......against all comers.  The ONLY team to beat Argyle in that span was State Champion Southlake Carroll early in the season in the Highland Park tournament.  No other team in all classifications in Texas has EVER won back to back National Titles in baseball. I"m not even sure if there has been any team from Texas to win a National Title before Argyle did it the first year when they went undefeated. But then to come back the very next season and do it again.......Nationally!  That's some tall cotton, for sure.