Argyle

Sportsfanatic1

37 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry......I will have to disagree with this statement.  Argyle won two back-to-back National Titles and all of their players went on to play at the collegiate level too........and each year there are at least 3 or 4 signed depending on the number of seniors playing.  This year only 3 seniors.......last year I think 4 were signed even with a Covid-short season because of the previous years of play.  3 years ago every starter was awarded a D-1 when they capped that 77-1 record.......against all comers.  The ONLY team to beat Argyle in that span was State Champion Southlake Carroll early in the season in the Highland Park tournament.  No other team in all classifications in Texas has EVER won back to back National Titles in baseball. I"m not even sure if there has been any team from Texas to win a National Title before Argyle did it the first year when they went undefeated. But then to come back the very next season and do it again.......Nationally!  That's some tall cotton, for sure.

Indeed.

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry......I will have to disagree with this statement.  Argyle won two back-to-back National Titles and all of their players went on to play at the collegiate level too........and each year there are at least 3 or 4 signed depending on the number of seniors playing.  This year only 3 seniors.......last year I think 4 were signed even with a Covid-short season because of the previous years of play.  3 years ago every starter was awarded a D-1 when they capped that 77-1 record.......against all comers.  The ONLY team to beat Argyle in that span was State Champion Southlake Carroll early in the season in the Highland Park tournament.  No other team in all classifications in Texas has EVER won back to back National Titles in baseball. I"m not even sure if there has been any team from Texas to win a National Title before Argyle did it the first year when they went undefeated. But then to come back the very next season and do it again.......Nationally!  That's some tall cotton, for sure.

Very impressive but to be fair, there were no national polls back in 1990. I've never liked those anyway, even when Carthage is mentioned in football. Still very impressive though. I just know that 1990 team was the best team in the state on any level that year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Very impressive but to be fair, there were no national polls back in 1990. I've never liked those anyway, even when Carthage is mentioned in football. Still very impressive though. I just know that 1990 team was the best team in the state on any level that year. 

Several of those 1990 baseball state champion players played in the MLB too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Reading comprehension………Ctown81 typed “one of the best”……..He did not put Carthage above Argyle in that statement…….”The best” and “one of the best” are 2 totally different things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Reading comprehension………Ctown81 typed “one of the best”……..He did not put Carthage above Argyle in that statement…….”The best” and “one of the best” are 2 totally different things. 

All he saw was something that didn't quite immediately bow down in 100% worship and adoration of Argyle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Regaleagle is a good guy and brings a lot of good information to this site. 
He is a Argyle Homer for sure. 
But the Dawgs have their version of big time homer, namely C&C. 
I carry it with pride. 

Y’all are all alright. I won’t ever fault the homers. I’ll give y’all fits sometimes, but most fans are homers. Brings a little color to the board!

I'm gonna be honest, even if this post had been named Carthage and was the same thing except all geared toward how great Carthage is in the things they are great at, it still would have made me nauseous.  

And I've lived here all my life and enjoyed the hell out of all the success over the years.  

I'm very happy to have been an "Argyle Dad" and very involved with the teams in those early years when my son was in high school.  Coach Rodgers and I are friends and go back to the beginning of it all.  Lots of coaches have come and gone in that time frame, but Coach Rodgers has stayed the course and made Argyle what it is today.  He's a great man and a good God-fearing Christian man for the community and the school.  I'm a booster and supporter of Argyle even though my son graduated in 2007.  Persistence has a way of paying its dividends for those willing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I'm very happy to have been an "Argyle Dad" and very involved with the teams in those early years when my son was in high school.  Coach Rodgers and I are friends and go back to the beginning of it all.  Lots of coaches have come and gone in that time frame, but Coach Rodgers has stayed the course and made Argyle what it is today.  He's a great man and a good God-fearing Christian man for the community and the school.  I'm a booster and supporter of Argyle even though my son graduated in 2007.  Persistence has a way of paying its dividends for those willing.

Stay at it, regal! I've always enjoyed our back-and-forth over the years. I probably played against your son back in the day, though I graduated a couple years before him, and I bet my little brother (grad 2008) definitely did. Argyle has come a long way, that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like the final tally is in now regarding the 2021 Lone Star Cup Final Standings.  They will officially announce the winners in each classification on July 1st.  In Class 4A, Argyle ran away with it amassing a total of 148 points.  Canyon was 2nd with 108.5 pts. Rounding out the Top 5 was Boerne with 94 pts, Melissa with 85 pts, and Lindale with 81 pts.

Just google Lone Star Cup Standings 2021 to see final standings for all classifications......they list the Top 25 including ties.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, regaleagle said:

National Title? Did they beat the California champ that year or Florida champ? Surely they atleast beat the Texas 5A champion that year. Yall were 3A correct? LOL 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

National Title? Did they beat the California champ that year or Florida champ? Surely they atleast beat the Texas 5A champion that year. Yall were 3A correct? LOL 

I think it was a tag team match & they beat JYD & Kamala & won the belt that year...😂

Or maybe that was a Covid-19 induced fever dream...😜

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Obviously some of you boys over there in East Texas have plenty of open space left between your ears that's never been used. Can't do anything about it.......it's not my problem.  But Hey........good luck with that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...