Argyle

Sportsfanatic1

3 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Argyle has some good genetics with a few Daingerfield Alumni parents.  Just saying.

I know of several 9-0-3 families who took their "genetics" there. 

On 8/3/2021 at 6:57 PM, Footballalltheway said:

How is Knox Scroggins?  Looked like he blew out his ACL against Paris last year in the quarters.  Hope he is good to go because he will gave a monster senior year.   

Wasn't a knee......was an ankle.  He's good to go and will likely be a bull with speed and moves.  Has 3 or 4 offers already before the first snap.  The guy is really good......his vision has improved dramatically over the past 2 seasons and he has learned how to break off those blockers and hit the seams. Last season I don't know how many long runs and TD's were called back because of penalties when he had the ball......it was almost nightmarish because it seemed to happen to him only........it was just crazy bad luck for Knox. I betcha he really had 400 yds rushing that was not counted and at least 5 or 6 TD's called back......maybe more.  It was really bad bad luck for Knox, for sure.

This is more than likely Argyle’s last year in 4a based on enrollment numbers. They will move up to 5a and continue to grow, never to play “small school” football again.

Argyle’s move up to 5a has me thinking about the potential rivalry that never was between Argyle and Carthage. Both schools have dominated in the same classification for almost the same amount of time, but have only met on the field twice during a stretch that lasted about 12 years. Argyle’s run of dominance in 4a (old 3a) started in 2009. Carthage started their run a year earlier in 2008. The 2 met in the playoffs in back to back years in 2010 and 2011. They split the series 1-1. Since then Argyle played for a state championship 4 times winning twice. Carthage played in the state title game 5 times winning all 5. All that winning in the same classification and these 2 teams haven’t played a game. Whether they were in different divisions or one of the teams got beat before a potential matchup in the playoffs, for whatever reason this potential on the field rivalry never got going. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see more games between these 2 teams over the years. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

This is more than likely Argyle’s last year in 4a based on enrollment numbers. They will move up to 5a and continue to grow, never to play “small school” football again.

Argyle’s move up to 5a has me thinking about the potential rivalry that never was between Argyle and Carthage. Both schools have dominated in the same classification for almost the same amount of time, but have only met on the field twice during a stretch that lasted about 12 years. Argyle’s run of dominance in 4a (old 3a) started in 2009. Carthage started their run a year earlier in 2008. The 2 met in the playoffs in back to back years in 2010 and 2011. They split the series 1-1. Since then Argyle played for a state championship 4 times winning twice. Carthage played in the state title game 5 times winning all 5. All that winning in the same classification and these 2 teams haven’t played a game. Whether they were in different divisions or one of the teams got beat before a potential matchup in the playoffs, for whatever reason this potential on the field rivalry never got going. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see more games between these 2 teams over the years. 

It can still happen. Carthage hasn't been afraid of scheduling up. Argyle's talent level isn't going anywhere, and neither is the Dawgs, who could also easily compete in 5A Div. II. This would be a crowd-pleasing matchup, no doubt. Argyle should drop La Vega from the schedule and fill it with Carthage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Wasn't a knee......was an ankle.  He's good to go and will likely be a bull with speed and moves.  Has 3 or 4 offers already before the first snap.  The guy is really good......his vision has improved dramatically over the past 2 seasons and he has learned how to break off those blockers and hit the seams. Last season I don't know how many long runs and TD's were called back because of penalties when he had the ball......it was almost nightmarish because it seemed to happen to him only........it was just crazy bad luck for Knox. I betcha he really had 400 yds rushing that was not counted and at least 5 or 6 TD's called back......maybe more.  It was really bad bad luck for Knox, for sure.

I thought Scoggins did a great job filling in for Byce last season. Scoggins looks like he beefed up big time over the offseason, but it doesn't appear to have effected his speed any. He'll be running behind what could honestly be the best offensive line in 4A yet again. So long as he stays healthy, I imagine he'll eclipse 1,100 yards or so, unless he splits a lot of time/carries with the other senior ... Shoemaker (?).

Either way, Argyle's going to be deadly on offense again this year. They'll score truckloads on anybody and everybody.

On 8/5/2021 at 9:08 AM, d0tc0m said:

I thought Scoggins did a great job filling in for Byce last season. Scoggins looks like he beefed up big time over the offseason, but it doesn't appear to have effected his speed any. He'll be running behind what could honestly be the best offensive line in 4A yet again. So long as he stays healthy, I imagine he'll eclipse 1,100 yards or so, unless he splits a lot of time/carries with the other senior ... Shoemaker (?).

Either way, Argyle's going to be deadly on offense again this year. They'll score truckloads on anybody and everybody.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

They were the second best o line last year and the year before. 
This year remains to be seen. 
The university of Dawg linemen are still rolling. 
Sorry Regaleagle I had to throw that in there. LOL

On 8/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

“Shots Fired!!!”😂

It's Ok......Argyle can't be the best at everything......that's impossible!  They are winners and hard workers, they get the job done on the field and are very exciting to watch.  Argyle is fun to watch without a doubt.  Everybody Argyle plays is giving their best to beat the Eagles.......that's what makes the very good teams Argyle schedules so exciting.  Coach Rodgers has done a FANtastic job......pun definitely intended.

• Like 2