• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is more than likely Argyle’s last year in 4a based on enrollment numbers. They will move up to 5a and continue to grow, never to play “small school” football again. Argyle’s move up to 5a ha

Let em have a non-district game, as opposed to a playoff match up ya know..for personal reasons

It's Ok......Argyle can't be the best at everything......that's impossible!  They are winners and hard workers, they get the job done on the field and are very exciting to watch.  Argyle is fun to wat

On 4/6/2021 at 7:16 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Argyle is the 4A version of Highland Park only better. 

Not in Football. Highland Park has the richest football history in the State 

• Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, eagle34 said:

Not in Football. Highland Park has the richest football history in the State 

I think he meant as a whole program as in all sports.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle will be 5A after next year.Will be interesting how they do in 5A.

I think if Liberty Hill can move up and compete, Argyle can do something similar 

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I think if Liberty Hill can move up and compete, Argyle can do something similar 

I agree too much emphasis is on classification. Plenty of schools can compete in 5a D2.

On 4/11/2021 at 7:17 AM, mikehoncho said:

Argyle will do very well in 5a D2. Deep playoff runs and contending for state titles. Not much different than what they are currently doing. Only the elite schools will give them problems. Not sure they are ready to beat Aledo right now, but as the school keeps growing they will have more talent to build with. They are a top 5 team in that class right now, maybe top 3. Aledo, FB Marshall, Ennis, Huntsville, Lovejoy? 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Argyle will do very well in 5a D2. Deep playoff runs and contending for state titles. Not much different than what they are currently doing. Only the elite schools will give them problems. Not sure they are ready to beat Aledo right now, but as the school keeps growing they will have more talent to build with. They are a top 5 team in that class right now, maybe top 3. Aledo, FB Marshall, Ennis, Huntsville, Lovejoy? 

Top 5...?  Wow. But they can always up their level of recruiting. So yeah you may be right.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

I wouldn't venture to say top five. There are a lot of really good fb programs in that classification. I think they're solid in that classification but lets not roll out the red carpet. I they could be top 10. But who knows. Football is a crazy game.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Aledo will be 5A D1 next alignment anyways. 

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Aledo will be 5A D1 next alignment anyways. 

Aledo versus Highland Park would be awesome.

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Aledo versus Highland Park would be awesome.

Let em have a non-district game, as opposed to a playoff match up ya know..for personal reasons ;)

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Let em have a non-district game, as opposed to a playoff match up ya know..for personal reasons ;)

🤣

• 1 month later...

Once Argyle does move up to 5A.......they will most probably stay in Division II for a looong time.  They just don't have the real estate to expand their school district.  Flower Mound and Denton ISD owns most of it around them.  Also Northwest ISD.  Look at how Prosper has ballooned with all of that real estate in their school district.  Celina has alot of area to grow also......eventually.  Melissa and Anna are in the same boat......maybe Melissa has more territory, I don't know.  But out of the group.......Argyle has the least of anybody.  Their growth will subside in the not too distant future.  Argyle is getting close to maxxing out in real estate right now.  The subdivisions have already been under construction for a few years and are nearing completion.......at least 2/3 done already.  I'd say that's about it for Argyle as far as expansion goes......real estate-wise.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, regaleagle said:

Once Argyle does move up to 5A.......they will most probably stay in Division II for a looong time.  They just don't have the real estate to expand their school district.  Flower Mound and Denton ISD owns most of it around them.  Also Northwest ISD.  Look at how Prosper has ballooned with all of that real estate in their school district.  Celina has alot of area to grow also......eventually.  Melissa and Anna are in the same boat......maybe Melissa has more territory, I don't know.  But out of the group.......Argyle has the least of anybody.  Their growth will subside in the not too distant future.  Argyle is getting close to maxxing out in real estate right now.  The subdivisions have already been under construction for a few years and are nearing completion.......at least 2/3 done already.  I'd say that's about it for Argyle as far as expansion goes......real estate-wise.

I've got some former classmates/college buddies who absolutely love it in Argyle. Say it's got the right "culture" for them.  👀

• 4 weeks later...

Carthage has had some pretty impressive state champions in academics but those records are lost and forgotten.  What few that were listed on the school marquee were removed to make room for the football program.  Carthage's recognition of academic success is dismal compared to other schools.  I'm basing on years past but I doubt it has changed.  

On 5/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, regaleagle said:

Melissa is actively trying to push kids out to remote learning so they can stay 4A this next alignment.   I guess they don’t count against their numbers if they do that but still get state funding.  They are trying to push 300 kids to remote learning is the number that a board member told me.  We know its better for kids to be in school that is proven.  Don’t see the wisdom in pushing that many kids to remote just to have a competitive advantage in sports but thats what the board and superintendent value.  

On 5/17/2021 at 7:43 AM, LOL said:

I've got some former classmates/college buddies who absolutely love it in Argyle. Say it's got the right "culture" for them.  👀

Lots of beautiful ladies out there for sure; everyone of them smells like raspberry stew

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

Lots of beautiful ladies out there for sure; everyone of them smells like raspberry stew

I'm totally stealing this line, and not giving you any credit for it. 

Looks like the final tally is gonna be Argyle again for their 9th Lone Star Cup in a row.......the UIL didn't award any last year.  Argyle has a 17.5 point lead over #2 Canyon in this latest update #4 since May 26th........but there are still a few categories left to tally like baseball and whatever else.  Since Argyle went deeper this season in baseball all the way to the regional final over the closest 5 other schools in the competition.......looks like they will easily win the Lone Star Cup again in Class 4A. The currrent standings can be seen at the UIL Lone Star Cup Standings 2021.

Argyle did win the Lone Star Cup 2 other years previous to this run......but not in a row.  So now they will have 11 total in 17 yrs of valid competition. Argyle has been a school for 18 seasons this year.......but last year was not counted in the UIL Lone Star Cup competition.

That’s an impressive feat by Argyle.

I do tend to have some of the same feeling as @ctown81 on this subject. Yes, it is an admirable accomplishment by Argyle to have won the Lone Star Cup so many times, however, the second ranked school in the standing this year is Canyon.
I have no idea what Canyon is good at other than they’ve been pretty good in football the last five seasons. 
Of course I want Carthage to dominate in all sports, but football is the most important followed by baseball.

For as quality (historically) a baseball program Carthage has had you don’t see thousands of Carthage supporters even at the state tournament and as a whole, Carthage loves baseball. 

This is Texas and football is king.

• Like 2